Trainer Customization - Page 7
Page 7 of 72 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Trainer Customization

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Default Re: Trainer Customization

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja-Mage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    Though, it would be cool if the customizations were collectable. Like, medals? When we complete a certain mission, we can get an in-game voucher to buy Cynthia's coat, or maybe Steven's steel arm-bands. Or Lance's cape, or N's void cube, even.
    Yah that or dlc packs. I'm looking forward to the prospect of there being in game clothing stores. Towns seem pretty barren with just a veterinary clinic and a shop for Pokemon lol
    It would a pretty nice feature to add a clothing shop where they sell clothes. And you'd have access to famous trainers' accessories - like I mentioned above.
    The Rainmaker

I don't get what is racist about having skin customization. Dragon Quest 9 had, it was awesome and no one complained.

There is nothing racist at all about skin customization!

I would appreciate a full set of options, but I would want more time spent on the core of the game. I really just hope we don't have to buy outfits and stuff with real money.
    Last edited by suttonmitchell; 9th January 2013 at 07:20 PM.
    3DS: 2208-4425-4567
    Black 2: 0390-7753-0916

Quote Originally Posted by suttonmitchell View Post
    I really just hope we don't have to buy outfits and stuff with real money.
    I agree, paid content/DLC would ruin the game to some extent.

Given the new view perspective we saw, it would make much more sense for trainer customization to be added for this gen since you can actually SEE our characters in more detail/close-up. While I don't expect it to be crazy deep, I welcome and hope for the chance to be able to change our character's clothes at the least and hair/skin/etc color at the most compared to the "Oh I'm an ace trainer or breeder or yada yada" thing we have now.

Definitely will be watching this particular facet of the game closely and hoping GF is going forward with it.

3DS FC Crackseed - 3711-8003-2965 | Fire Safari - Growlithe - Pyroar - Braixen

Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

After a little thought I'm really looking forward to possible customization elements in XY. When the idea was raised during speculation for previous games I always dismissed it as unnecessary for the series - the player characters are detailed seemed charming enough. The style of XY and the aforementioned hints seen in the trailer got me thinking and I think I'd love those elements. As Pokemon isn't hugely a story-driven RPG, the player characters are almost entirely blank slates so there's no pressing reason to not allow any customization of their appearance to suit the player.

As for accusations of racism, I don't see how it could even be an issue. Nintendo is (in)famous for its extremely family friendly online features so there's no way any racism could slip through their filters - and hey, this has already been proven by PBR. If skin color customization is ommitted it'd feel like the customization is incomplete as a feature.

I wouldn't mind customization. The Harvest Moon that was just released exclusively for 3ds added the feature, and people have bowed down to it.

Overall, it was some fairly basic things:skin color (4 choices), hair style, hair color, eye shape (3 choices), eye color, and an initial choice of 2 outfits with more you could unlock after completing tasks in game.

Now I know that Harvest Moon and Pokemon are completely different games, from completely different companies, but as previously mentioned the characters in these to games look almost shockingly similar so I can see Gamefreak possibly adding some of these things as well.

Please Help Hatch My Team :) I do my best to repay the favor but im sorry if i miss you

Blog Entries
    Follow VeggiePopper On Twitter

Well, Mii's let you choose your skin tone, right? There's a precedent that Nintendo has an open mind regarding races and skin colors (for those who try to disprove this by bringing Jynx and Lenora in, I remind you that those were controversial not because of their skin, but because of their other features -namely, big lips and apron, respectively-, which constituted racial stereotypes). Of course, this is Game Freak, not Nintendo, but GF has to comply to Nintendo's policies, and Mii's prove that Nintendo ahs no problem. therefore, if the games have character customization, skin tone should be in, and if not, it would be on GF's part.

I hope the games do have character customization, the male trainer not only looks generic, but he resembles the Gen V trainers too much, which deprives him of identity. Count me in for unlocking outfits and accesories, although I might not use them much, for the sake of keeping my character consistant.

Pt: 5285 3562 3697- Veggie
    SS: 5156 5108 0540- Dany
    B1: 0175 8413 2944- Popper
    B2: 1163 7552 4502- Jonatan
    3DS: 1418-6718-4136

Blog Entries

I just think the skin change is a horrid idea... I don't care about the race of the PC...

clothing and hair yes skin? absolutely not
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Blog Entries

I just think the skin change is a horrid idea... I don't care about the race of the PC...

Rawr! I iz da Kwaken! Polkadot Jolteon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Character customisation is definitely coming. The hats and clothes looked to... plain to be permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post

I'm sorry, but if anything on this topic is racist, it's that.

Forcing all players to keep skin tone while changing other aspects is far more racist than allowing it. Not allowing skin tone change with customization is absurd.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post

I'm sorry, but if anything on this topic is racist, it's that.

Forcing all players to keep skin tone while changing other aspects is far more racist than allowing it. Not allowing skin tone change with customization is absurd.
    No it's not! look at games like GTAL: San Andres... the character CJ you could change his clothing, hair heck you could make him fat or skinny but you could not change his race... so is Rockstar racist for that?

But it's not racist... the PC might be a blank slate really but really skin iss a VERY touchy issue let's avoid it. skin customisation doesn't fit with pokemon

Customization doesn't suit main handheld games at all. Even if the PC is a blank slate, they're still not you. This really isn't The Sims, or Harvest Moon: A New Beginning. If you want customization in Pokemon, play PBR.

I don't want customizations! I love the designs of each of the characters excluding Ethan and Lyra! And anyway technically the characters are asian? So race shouldn't be an issue. But I would have no problem playing as any character Sugimori designs.
    (I am "vulpix" in the bulbagarden irc chat! Come talk to me!) (I like black women!)

Page 7 of 72 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast