Trainer Customization - Page 5

Page 5 of 72 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 1069
Like Tree859Likes

Thread: Trainer Customization

  1. #61
    Drama queen/Bug master PrettyVenomoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sandgem Town
    Posts
    288

    Default Re: Trainer Customization

    Quote Originally Posted by Reivaxe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettyVenomoth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Reivaxe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettyVenomoth View Post
    yes please. the kid was wearing diffrent outfits in 3 diffrent scenes so it looks a done deal.

    although changing colour is a big no no they wont let us change from a white colour in fear of being called racists !!
    I hope you're joking, cause that makes zero sense.

    If there's character customization then I'm sure they will simply do "character customization" and not just some half bootied lite clothing system.
    Changing skin color and faces for for ethnic diversity in such a simplistic style would be as simple as ... making a 3D shiny pokemon. It's just a texture swap.
    Given the style I could see it being very much like this Dragon Quest IX- Character Creation - ninjaseanparas123's request - YouTube
    It's so simple that it would be silly to not have. Plus it can be used to make random NPC that don't look like each other.
    Nope not joking and which part made no sense the first line or the second one ? both seem fine to me
    1- You're gonna have to point out where the guy wears different outfits. First I'm hearing of this.

    2. In what way would them giving you the option to change your character's skin color come across as racist? And how would completely ignoring that option (that's simple to add in) make them appear to be "not racist"? Do you even know what that word means?

    Millions of people play MMOs like Guild Wars 2 and no one gets mad because you have the option to pick from this huge spectrum of skin colors for different races in that world. Heck, people actually want more options than the decently large pool they have to pick from in GW2 because they love making unique characters that stand out. As for a Japanese example, I don't see anyone mad at SE for the option to be a few shades of brown in DQ. If anything people want more options. And that's all skin color is, an option as to how your character can look. Just like how we're not all the same gender or have the same hair or the same body build ... we're not all the same skin color.
    1. Yes i saw the guy wear diffrent outfits the one in the bedroom was diffrent to the one in the grass route ive only seen the thing twice though, no detailed analysis.

    2. You miss understand i am speculating as to why their has never been diffrent race people to play as or encounter in pokemon !! I disagree with the fact they would be called racist its a guess of course its not racist once again im speculating, your compariosn to other games is pointless for the reason they havent been in pokemon game in any shape or form ever. Yes I am aware were not all the same skin or body build ..incase you dont know i WANT them to include detailed colour customization so i can play with a black character in a pokemon game at long last but i doubt it will happen. This iz what i am saying here.


  2. #62
    Registered User Ninja-Mage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    California
    Posts
    254

    Default Re: Trainer Customization

    Honestly whether they allow customization or not doesn't hurt me much. I don't mind the new trainer (albeit he's a bit bland) but I'm also one of the few who liked the trainer from black/white.

    But all the same I've been wanting customization since ruby/sapphire. For games like Zelda it makes sense to play as Link or a preset character. But Pokemon has and always will be a create your own experience similar to animal crossing. Because of this my teams I've created feel like 'my' teams, not Lucas's, or reds, or who Evers.

    Another thing is ill be moving soon and I plan to battle friends over wifi, I want to feel like my friends and I are actually part of this world. And to do that we need a customization option. I'm tired of battling my clones over wifi or in public.

  3. #63
    Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Straight Outta Africa
    Posts
    3,178

    Default Re: Trainer Customization

    I could see it being done with play coins or whatever those 3DS walking points are, but that's about it. And very limited, just accessories. They'll keep the same shirts and hats and what not most likely.

    I'm looking forward to seeing Sugimori character art for these guys, because it's still pretty tough to judge exactly what they look like because of the Harvest Moonesque style. It'll be easier to make a guess on the extent of customization after we see that. Hopefully it's in the upcoming issue of corocoro.

  4. #64
    Crimson Fighter Phoenixphlare's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    2,091
    Blog Entries
    195

    Default Re: Trainer Customization

    I'd be okay with not having character customization ever if the player characters were actually CHARACTERS. They don't talk, they don't make mistakes on there own and they use whatever pokemon you want them to use since they are and you get to pick the gender I mean it a lot different from Mario who has personality even though he doesn't speak. But Hilbert doesn't really do anything he even disappeared after BW and before BW2
    Last edited by Phoenixphlare; 8th January 2013 at 08:10 PM.
    Ninja-Mage likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

  5. #65
    Face of mercy? NOPE Yato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    6,665
    Blog Entries
    435

    Follow Yato on Tumblr

    Default Re: Trainer Customization

    Quote Originally Posted by Wyvernphlare View Post
    I'd be okay with not having character customization ever if the player characters were actually CHARACTERS. They don't talk, they don't make mistakes on there own and they use whatever pokemon you want them to use since they are and you get to pick the gender I mean it a lot different from Mario who has personality even though he doesn't speak. But Hilbert doesn't really do anything he even disappeared after BW and before BW2
    I thought that the voice for the JP trailer intro was actually the voice for the male PC. So maybe they could have some minimal personality included.

    But as I said before, anything would be okay except skin color customization. There could be racism problems when people get on wifi and stuff..

  6. #66
    You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,879
    Blog Entries
    780

    Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

    Default Re: Trainer Customization

    I want skin customization. One of the reasons my step-sister lost interest in Pokemon was because she had to play as a character who looked nothing like her. (Another reason was because Bidoof wasn't common enough, but that's neither here nor there.)

    @Dark Blueberry; didn't we have skin customization in the US version of Battle Revolution?

    "Playing around?" Wrong.

  7. #67
    Floofy Floofy Deer Lalonde's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Posts
    915
    Blog Entries
    76

    Default Re: Trainer Customization

    I think that this is a very large possibility. It would be nice if the characters where completely customizatable (Like Skin, eyes, ect.) So players in different countries where they are not all of the same appearances of the usual brunette/Caucasian characters can truly feel the full experience of actually being within the game with your Pokemon.

  8. #68
    Registered User Articwolf10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Bramwell, West Virginia
    Posts
    2,205
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Trainer Customization

    I doubt we'll get a skin slider... it doesn't work... clothes and hair is one thing but skin is to much... the games have a set PC this isn't the Sims
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

  9. #69
    Face of mercy? NOPE Yato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    6,665
    Blog Entries
    435

    Follow Yato on Tumblr

    Default Re: Trainer Customization

    Quote Originally Posted by Karamazov View Post
    I want skin customization. One of the reasons my step-sister lost interest in Pokemon was because she had to play as a character who looked nothing like her. (Another reason was because Bidoof wasn't common enough, but that's neither here nor there.)

    @Dark Blueberry; didn't we have skin customization in the US version of Battle Revolution?
    I haven't played the Battle Revolution, but yeah, I heard about it.

    However, you never know what sort of people might be out there. If there were to be some wifi club or union room where the PCs can gather, there could be some racist person who deliberately customized their character in an insulting way because they wanted it to be - and would probably result in hurtful name callings and fights. I do remember some people on the Internet who had been horribly hostile to Iris because of her dark skin color.


    It may be just me, but I liked having default characters ever since Pokemon Red. Maybe I'm just fangirling over other related franchise like Pokemon Adventures, but characters like Ruby, Dawn, Hilbert - I never really cared about their designs about having light skin color. And like Arcticwolf said, this isn't the Sims

  10. #70
    Miss me? Regiruler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Blossom City
    Posts
    1,481
    Blog Entries
    16

    Default Re: Trainer Customization

    My problem is that they basically cloned Hilbert. If I can customize out of that or the trainer isn't final then I'm good with it.

  11. #71
    Surrender now or carry on Bikini Miltank's Avatar Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    SL, UT
    Posts
    2,565
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: Trainer Customization

    People will always find a way to be dicks.

    That said, this "skin color customization will be left out because... racism" argument is ridiculous. It's not an issue in every other game that lets you do it. It's not an issue with Miis. Maybe we'll get it, maybe we won't. But should it be absent, the reason will not be "racism!!!"

    We get this every time. "They'll have to change the names of Black and White because people will think it's racist!" "Lenora will be like Jynx all over again!" And nobody posting in these threads ever actually thinks that the subject in hand is racist... but they're convinced that mysterious other people will. All of which goes to prove that a significant section of the fandom doesn't really understand what racism is, or what makes one thing offensive and another thing not-offensive. So anything with the most tenuous connection to race is labelled as "Disaster waiting to happen oh god oh god". Then it passes without comment. And yet nobody ever learns.

    Could we maybe not do that this time?

  12. #72
    Registered User Ninja-Mage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    California
    Posts
    254

    Default Re: Trainer Customization

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Karamazov View Post
    I want skin customization. One of the reasons my step-sister lost interest in Pokemon was because she had to play as a character who looked nothing like her. (Another reason was because Bidoof wasn't common enough, but that's neither here nor there.)

    @Dark Blueberry; didn't we have skin customization in the US version of Battle Revolution?
    I haven't played the Battle Revolution, but yeah, I heard about it.

    However, you never know what sort of people might be out there. If there were to be some wifi club or union room where the PCs can gather, there could be some racist person who deliberately customized their character in an insulting way because they wanted it to be - and would probably result in hurtful name callings and fights. I do remember some people on the Internet who had been horribly hostile to Iris because of her dark skin color.


    It may be just me, but I liked having default characters ever since Pokemon Red. Maybe I'm just fangirling over other related franchise like Pokemon Adventures, but characters like Ruby, Dawn, Hilbert - I never really cared about their designs about having light skin color. And like Arcticwolf said, this isn't the Sims
    You're right racism exists on the Internet as it does all places so why would Pokemon be exempt. But I look to miiverse as the answer, it's been out about two months now and I've not heard a peep about miiverse harassment. And people do post messages with their miis visible.

    On top of that the 3ds has some impressive parental controls. Like anything on the Internet there should be some parental guidance, and if there isn't and you find out some nasty stuff was said. Well then shame on you. 4chan is proof the Internet isn't safe for humans let alone kids. I'm confident nintendo can handle the harassers and I'm also sure unlike other franchises they will be a severe minority of players.

  13. #73
    You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,879
    Blog Entries
    780

    Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

    Default Re: Trainer Customization

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    However, you never know what sort of people might be out there. If there were to be some wifi club or union room where the PCs can gather, there could be some racist person who deliberately customized their character in an insulting way because they wanted it to be - and would probably result in hurtful name callings and fights. I do remember some people on the Internet who had been horribly hostile to Iris because of her dark skin color.
    I get what you mean.I doubt they'd let slurs slip by, and if a skin and accessory slider are the only things we get, I doubt you can really make racist caricatures. But my main issue is, I think it's unfair we don't get the ability to have such things just because some people might abuse it.

    Granted, even if we do get customization, the only thing I'll actually use it for is to have a brown-eyed, black haired protag, to match with Lucas and Ethan.

    "Playing around?" Wrong.

  14. #74
    Face of mercy? NOPE Yato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    6,665
    Blog Entries
    435

    Follow Yato on Tumblr

    Default Re: Trainer Customization

    Thanks for answering my worries/questions. I guess Nintendo WOULD have some parental control when it comes to those stuff.

    Though I still wish they'd keep customization to a minimum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10
    this isn't the Sims

  15. #75
    Registered User Articwolf10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Bramwell, West Virginia
    Posts
    2,205
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Trainer Customization

    Quote Originally Posted by Karamazov View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    However, you never know what sort of people might be out there. If there were to be some wifi club or union room where the PCs can gather, there could be some racist person who deliberately customized their character in an insulting way because they wanted it to be - and would probably result in hurtful name callings and fights. I do remember some people on the Internet who had been horribly hostile to Iris because of her dark skin color.
    I get what you mean.I doubt they'd let slurs slip by, and if a skin and accessory slider are the only things we get, I doubt you can really make racist caricatures. But my main issue is, I think it's unfair we don't get the ability to have such things just because some people might abuse it.

    Granted, even if we do get customization, the only thing I'll actually use it for is to have a brown-eyed, black haired protag, to match with Lucas and Ethan.
    We aren't ever going to get skin shifter because we have a set PC... it would not work or make sense... clothing and hair is reasonable... you can change clothes and dye your hair... but skin? that can't be changed... it works in other games because you make your own guy'.. in Pokemon it's different
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Page 5 of 72 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •