Trainer Customization - Page 4

Page 4 of 72 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
Like Tree859Likes

Thread: Trainer Customization

Drama queen/Bug master PrettyVenomoth's Avatar

Default Re: Trainer Customization

Quote Originally Posted by Reivaxe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettyVenomoth View Post
    yes please. the kid was wearing diffrent outfits in 3 diffrent scenes so it looks a done deal.

although changing colour is a big no no they wont let us change from a white colour in fear of being called racists !!
    I hope you're joking, cause that makes zero sense.

If there's character customization then I'm sure they will simply do "character customization" and not just some half bootied lite clothing system.
    Changing skin color and faces for for ethnic diversity in such a simplistic style would be as simple as ... making a 3D shiny pokemon. It's just a texture swap.
    Given the style I could see it being very much like this Dragon Quest IX- Character Creation - ninjaseanparas123's request - YouTube
    It's so simple that it would be silly to not have. Plus it can be used to make random NPC that don't look like each other.
    Nope not joking and which part made no sense the first line or the second one ? both seem fine to me

Blog Entries

Follow Sapphire on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Boy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
    Wouldn't not allowing skin color change also be a tad controversial? Even more than Lenora and Jynx? It would be like saying everyone is white. That, and I know France has a high immigration rate, so it's not like it will look out of place. (Although they don't really want the inmigrants.)

That being said, I don't mind if we don't get to pick the skin color, even if I am not white. I'm just ecstatic because it looks possible. It would be a waste to have a France-based region but no fashion stuff, at least in my opinion.
    Agreed, I've always wanted to play as a trainer that has the same skin color as me. I'm a
    African American in case your wondering.
    And I'm a proud Latina~!

I remember loving PBR because we were able to change the character's skin colour there. Isn't it a bit odd how people who are white make a bigger deal out of race than other people do? (I don't mean that in a rude way, by the way.) Like someone already mentioned, Dragon Quest handled the matter swimmingly. You choose the skin colour at the beginning, and customize your character from there. It's not like you'll be standing in front of the mirror and suddenly be wearing blackface.

Anyhow, back on topic. I love the new female protagonist, even if I'm not a blonde. I love diversity, so even if we don't get to customize her physical features, I won't mind. Also: If the customization thing comes true, I am totally going to walk around the region looking like a fashion show just puked on me. We're talking boots, frills, biker leather jackets, goggles and ALL the hats I can tack on.
    Catzeye and Ninja-Mage like this.

Add Chiss on Facebook

In my opinion, they should have had skin color customizations for unova, I mean, it was the diversity region, right?
    People would get super upset if there was customization but they couldn't change their skin tone.

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

I'll buy clothing and accessories, but I don't see why skin and hair color is so difficult. I mean, so many other games include skin and hair color sliders. Maybe it'll be like FE Awakening where we only get hair color. I'll live with what we get, but I don't think that it makes sense to get all up in arms about racial issues when skin tone sliders have been around for years.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Yes, I think we'll be getting customization options. And it's about time :D I've been wanting it for years. I'm not sure to what extent we can customize, but I think it would be great if we could customize just about every aspect including (but not limited to): hair color, skin color, eye color, gender (of course), clothing options (at least a few), and that's probably about it. That's great though, it adds more individuality to your avatar instead of the same generic character everyone else in the world has.
    Reila likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
    Oddly, it's the exact opposite for me. As a blonde, it's like I finally have a PC I can identify with appearance wise! Either way, I am very excited!
    Nice. I am glad for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Froakiepie View Post
    In my opinion, they should have had skin color customizations for unova, I mean, it was the diversity region, right?
    People would get super upset if there was customization but they couldn't change their skin tone.
    The problem is that the games were still made with sprites in Generation V. Making a lot of different sprites is way more complicated than making 3D models.
    Now that we will have 3D models in Generation VI, there is no excuse for not implementing character customization (hair, skin color, clothes, etc).

yes please. the kid was wearing diffrent outfits in 3 diffrent scenes so it looks a done deal.

although changing colour is a big no no they wont let us change from a white colour in fear of being called racists !!
    I hope you're joking, cause that makes zero sense.

If there's character customization then I'm sure they will simply do "character customization" and not just some half bootied lite clothing system.
    Changing skin color and faces for for ethnic diversity in such a simplistic style would be as simple as ... making a 3D shiny pokemon. It's just a texture swap.
    Given the style I could see it being very much like this Dragon Quest IX- Character Creation - ninjaseanparas123's request - YouTube
    It's so simple that it would be silly to not have. Plus it can be used to make random NPC that don't look like each other.
    Nope not joking and which part made no sense the first line or the second one ? both seem fine to me
    1- You're gonna have to point out where the guy wears different outfits. First I'm hearing of this.

2. In what way would them giving you the option to change your character's skin color come across as racist? And how would completely ignoring that option (that's simple to add in) make them appear to be "not racist"? Do you even know what that word means?

Millions of people play MMOs like Guild Wars 2 and no one gets mad because you have the option to pick from this huge spectrum of skin colors for different races in that world. Heck, people actually want more options than the decently large pool they have to pick from in GW2 because they love making unique characters that stand out. As for a Japanese example, I don't see anyone mad at SE for the option to be a few shades of brown in DQ. If anything people want more options. And that's all skin color is, an option as to how your character can look. Just like how we're not all the same gender or have the same hair or the same body build ... we're not all the same skin color.

I honestly think we will see customization this gen.

Reasons:
    1. We've moved from 2D sprites to 3D sprites- The biggest hurdle in the main games as far as customization went was the sprites. It would've been pure hell for the developers to try that any other time until now.

2. We've had customization before- In Pokemon Battle Revolution we had the option of skin tone and other features. While that wasn't a main series game, it did show that the developers are willing to allow diversity in the games.

3. In Unova we saw diverse NPCs- We all know Unova was based on the USA which is extremely diverse. Now Gamefreak could have made the NPCs all look white but they didn't. Again this shows willingness to show the variety in the human race.

Of course I could be wrong but whatever. I would love to see customization in this gen. I'm ok if we don't see it either. It hasn't stopped me from playing the games before so why now?

Check out my tumblr!

Fanfiction <- Please read and review if you like?

Visit ZACH ATTACK's Youtube Channel

Don't know if someone else has mentioned this or not, but I'm not looking through 4 pages of replies to see. The game is on the 3DS, right? What else are on the 3DS? Miis. Does anyone see where I'm going with this? It could give you the option to use your Mii as your character.

Black Friend Code: 4040 9796 7331 | Overall VGC Record: 16-10 | Credit goes to Power of Aura for the signature!

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

I don't think the "trainer has glasses but then doesn't when swinging from the rope" argument points to trainer customisation, it's a glitch in the video. If you look carefully you can see the glasses where the player character was standing after he swings.

That said however, I would still love to have customisation, or even being able to use my Mii would be pretty cool, although I don't think the Mii would fit in with the graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by PkmnGreen View Post
    I don't think the "trainer has glasses but then doesn't when swinging from the rope" argument points to trainer customisation, it's a glitch in the video. If you look carefully you can see the glasses where the player character was standing after he swings.
    Here's the logic behind that.

It shows us that the shades are NOT apart of the base model. There would be no reason to make the shades separate geo if you're not gonna have them move/ disappear and reappear.
    That kind of glitch isn't uncommon to see in games that make heavy use of customization to clothes (ever play Skyrim and have your clothes or part of your character disappear?)

Visit Rocky505's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by PkmnGreen View Post
    Here's the logic behind that.

It shows us that the shades are NOT apart of the base model. There would be no reason to make the shades separate geo if you're not gonna have them move/ disappear and reappear.
    That kind of glitch isn't uncommon to see in games that make heavy use of customization to clothes (ever play Skyrim and have your clothes or part of your character disappear?)
    Skins in minecraft are a good example for this too(PC Version)

"I'm just a passing through Pokemon Trainer,"

Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I'm actually hoping this game DOESN'T include customization. For the main-game series, it just doesn't sound right. It works for PBR, because those characters are essentially OCs or self-inserts given a place in canon. For a handheld main Pokemon game, however, it doesn't feel right. The character is a blank slate for you to fill in with your own ideas and personality: they aren't supposed to be YOU a la Animal Crossing. I'm a red head Alaskan Native, but I don't feel bothered that the PCs don't look like me. Because I know I'm not the player character, I'm PLAYING AS the player character. Its a role-play, so I assume the role of the PC I'm playing as. Customization would not fit in like that for the main game. If/When the next 3D battle sim shows up on the Wii U, we can see customization return there. But it has no place in a main handheld Ponemon game.
    Setra likes this.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Goodbye friends, I'll miss you all <3
    Blog Entries

I think you could have both. A standard male PC and female PC or the option to customize.

Quote Originally Posted by FairyRed View Post
    Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I'm actually hoping this game DOESN'T include customization. For the main-game series, it just doesn't sound right. It works for PBR, because those characters are essentially OCs or self-inserts given a place in canon. For a handheld main Pokemon game, however, it doesn't feel right. The character is a blank slate for you to fill in with your own ideas and personality: they aren't supposed to be YOU a la Animal Crossing. I'm a red head Alaskan Native, but I don't feel bothered that the PCs don't look like me. Because I know I'm not the player character, I'm PLAYING AS the player character. Its a role-play, so I assume the role of the PC I'm playing as. Customization would not fit in like that for the main game. If/When the next 3D battle sim shows up on the Wii U, we can see customization return there. But it has no place in a main handheld Ponemon game.
    Well, if you're not in favor of customization, then don't customize. If you don't want the PC to look like you, don't make him/her look like you. It's sort of silly for those who don't want the feature to hope that all players are denied it...

The character is a blank slate for you to fill in with your own ideas and personality
    Isn't that exactly what customizations are for? Expressing aspects of your personality?

Even if you do get attached to the default PC and make him/her your own, what happens when you battle someone of the same gender over wifi and they have the exact same avatar as you? That's what feels weird to ME in the current/prior generations, and why I'm in favor of customizations...
    Reila and Ninja-Mage like this.

Page 4 of 72 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast