Trainer Customization - Page 3

Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Like Tree859Likes

Thread: Trainer Customization

Default Re: Trainer Customization

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyVenomoth View Post
    yes please. the kid was wearing diffrent outfits in 3 diffrent scenes so it looks a done deal.

although changing colour is a big no no they wont let us change from a white colour in fear of being called racists !!
    If you don't allow change from white it's even more racist lol. I'm not black, so I can't say straight up how it effects me, I doubt most people even care. But I do remember when there wasn't a female trainer option, and my friend refused to play the games because she didn't want to be a boy. Then Crystal came out and she's been addicted to them ever since. Not that i'm saying this is the case with other races, I know people of all races and creed who are obsessed with Pokemon. But what i'm getting at is it lets you feel more in tune with the game and your character.
    Berrenta likes this.

Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky505 View Post
    Saw these on Serebii Forums. No glasses in one, glasses in the other.
    They actually fell off. Proof:

Super-Dimensional Darts, protag’s glasses are not amused
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Well, looking at the design of the male PC, it looks pretty basic compared to the usual Pokemon PC, so one of three things is possible:

1. This is a prototype model and the final design will be different.
    2. This is the default design and we're stuck with it.
    3. This is the default design, and we will have the chance to customize it to our likings.

This isn't a new concept in the Pokemon franchise, as it was done back in Battle Revolution, so it's possible they're bringing it back now mainly to make it easier for players to recognize each other. It's also a prominent feature in games like Animal Crossing and The Sims, so it's nothing new really.
    Cabecote likes this.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robo-Floatzel View Post
    Well, looking at the design of the male PC, it looks pretty basic compared to the usual Pokemon PC, so one of three things is possible:

1. This is a prototype model and the final design will be different.
    2. This is the default design and we're stuck with it.
    3. This is the default design, and we will have the chance to customize it to our likings.

This isn't a new concept in the Pokemon franchise, as it was done back in Battle Revolution, so it's possible they're bringing it back now mainly to make it easier for players to recognize each other. It's also a prominent feature in games like Animal Crossing and The Sims, so it's nothing new really.
    It's a new thing for main series Pokémon games, which is really the only thing people pay attention to in terms of features like this.

Drama queen/Bug master PrettyVenomoth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja-Mage View Post
    yes please. the kid was wearing diffrent outfits in 3 diffrent scenes so it looks a done deal.

although changing colour is a big no no they wont let us change from a white colour in fear of being called racists !!
    If you don't allow change from white it's even more racist lol. I'm not black, so I can't say straight up how it effects me, I doubt most people even care. But I do remember when there wasn't a female trainer option, and my friend refused to play the games because she didn't want to be a boy. Then Crystal came out and she's been addicted to them ever since. Not that i'm saying this is the case with other races, I know people of all races and creed who are obsessed with Pokemon. But what i'm getting at is it lets you feel more in tune with the game and your character.
    yeap i agree with you its stupid that they think like that but look at what happend with brock becasue he was black they tried to get rid of him he came back later when they realised no one cares, i think they think that if they put diffrent race people in a game it will cause uproar and they will acused of being racist in reality no one will care and alot more people especially young kids will love the games more. Im black i would of loved some black spirtes when i was kid, i wondered why there wernet any in pokemon and it was frustrating. No offence to japan but there behind the times now they really shouldent be making multi national games all white it really does make kids question themselves.

Nyx

I'm not feeling the male PC's design at all. Hopefully costumization is included.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Luna Tiger View Post
    That's funny, but watching the trailer again it looks more like they were floating on air. Maybe it's a glitch or something?

Last edited by Nyx; 8th January 2013 at 04:38 PM. Reason: added smth
    Luna Tiger likes this.

I can't be the only one who really likes the design of the female PC as she is, I was quite happy to see another female PC who is dressed modestly. Customization seems like a fantastic idea in theory, but would it make things too complicated when featuring the PCs in the anime ect?

Blog Entries

Character changing skin color don't make sense to you well than think about it this way. You're creating your character with skin color options lots of games have that and it was never controversial. Fair is fair I'm tired of it and I'm white as a ghost.
    Ninja-Mage and Berrenta like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Warrior View Post
    That's funny, but watching the trailer again it looks more like they were floating on air. Maybe it's a glitch or something?

That's exactly what I'm thinking, remember that they said that nothing was final (except the starters), so maybe it will be fixed later on.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvernphlare View Post
    Character changing skin color don't make sense to you well than think about it this way. You're creating your character with skin color options lots of games have that and it was never controversial. Fair is fair I'm tired of it and I'm white as a ghost.
    Exactly, we need to stop thinking it's complicated. Dragon Quest 9 did it on the DS. It's not that hard. It's texture swaps. that's literally ALL it is.
    Sapphire likes this.

EVERYONE WANTS ME! Reshiram Lv. 9 and under's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja-Mage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    Customizations are fine and all - but they should be limited to clothing and accessories. If they enabled skin color as part of customizing, there will be one heck of an uproar on that about skin color issues and the like.

Well, maybe hairstyles could be acceptable as well
    Why would skin color be an issue? If anything it should be a bigger issue if they don't allow customization of that lol
    I think not being racist is the new racism.

Community Easter Egg - Seal's involvement in the conception of the Human Being - Coincidence? - YouTube
    Sadly, I cannot trade myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
    Wouldn't not allowing skin color change also be a tad controversial? Even more than Lenora and Jynx? It would be like saying everyone is white. That, and I know France has a high immigration rate, so it's not like it will look out of place. (Although they don't really want the inmigrants.)

That being said, I don't mind if we don't get to pick the skin color, even if I am not white. I'm just ecstatic because it looks possible. It would be a waste to have a France-based region but no fashion stuff, at least in my opinion.
    Agreed, I've always wanted to play as a trainer that has the same skin color as me. I'm a
    African American in case your wondering.
    PrettyVenomoth likes this.
    Proud Sonic and Pokemon fan!

Deviantart: JohnSLPaul

2ds FC: 1478-4291-7605
    Friend Safari Type: Fairy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
    I can't be the only one who really likes the design of the female PC as she is, I was quite happy to see another female PC who is dressed modestly. Customization seems like a fantastic idea in theory, but would it make things too complicated when featuring the PCs in the anime ect?
    I do like her clothes, I just not fond of blond hair. It would be harder for me to "feel" that I am the protagonist of the game if I am playing as a blond haired protagonist. It is not that big of a issue and I guess the same thing is valid for blond people playing as the previous main characters. PS: No offense to blond-haired people intended.

Also, the PCs almost never appear in the anime.

I hope you're joking, cause that makes zero sense.

If there's character customization then I'm sure they will simply do "character customization" and not just some half bootied lite clothing system.
    Changing skin color and faces for for ethnic diversity in such a simplistic style would be as simple as ... making a 3D shiny pokemon. It's just a texture swap.
    Given the style I could see it being very much like this Dragon Quest IX- Character Creation - ninjaseanparas123's request - YouTube
    It's so simple that it would be silly to not have. Plus it can be used to make random NPC that don't look like each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Reila View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
    I do like her clothes, I just not fond of blond hair. It would be harder for me to "feel" that I am the protagonist of the game if I am playing as a blond haired protagonist. It is not that big of a issue and I guess the same thing is valid for blond people playing as the previous main characters. PS: No offense to blond-haired people intended.

Also, the PCs almost never appear in the anime.
    Oddly, it's the exact opposite for me. As a blonde, it's like I finally have a PC I can identify with appearance wise! Either way, I am very excited!
    Reila and Sir Turtlelot like this.

Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast