Trainer Customization - Page 22

Page 22 of 72 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Like Tree859Likes

Thread: Trainer Customization

Blog Entries

Default Re: Trainer Customization

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    Has it been mentioned here that the games are apparently getting Miiverse features? I could have sworn there was a rumour a while back saying we'd have customizable trainers via Miiverse avatars or something.
    I'm hoping to get a character and be able to customize it, but a Mii would do just fine. Maybe the character in the trailer is a prototype or something. We won't know until official artwork is announced. If it is, we have it set. If it isn't, then we'll probably either be able to customize the player or get a Mii for the character. I would like a customizable player character better than the Mii, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Poko907 View Post
    I would like a customizable player character better than the Mii, though.
    This.

I hate the look of Mii's honestly. I can't stand it. In their own little universe, go ahead, have them, they're great. However, if you wish to integrate them into a game, make sure that game has an art style that will support a Mii's integration, because 9/10 times, THEY DON'T.

I'm a bit indifferent for character customization. I'm not really all too sentimental about it. If we have it, sweet! If not, sweet! I still get a new Pokemon game. I don't really care too much about how I look as much as I care about the power of my team.
    kingdragon33 and Owain like this.

aka the fireflies guy Vanillish Twilight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Vanillish Twilight on Tumblr

Customization would be awesome but does that include the character's face like you can change its nose or mouth or eyebrows or something because that seems a bit much, (just changing clothes and hair would be enough for me) but if that's what the majority wants then ok, don't let me hold you back; I'd be perfectly fine with it actually, just as long as it doesn't turn into a fashion contest for humans or something.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PikaTuesday View Post
    Customization would be awesome but does that include the character's face like you can change its nose or mouth or eyebrows or something because that seems a bit much, (just changing clothes and hair would be enough for me) but if that's what the majority wants then ok, don't let me hold you back; I'd be perfectly fine with it actually, just as long as it doesn't turn into a fashion contest for humans or something.
    It wouldn't make much sense for the character to change their face in the middle of the game. Maybe you could only change your face at the beginning, along with skin colour, height, and other unchangeable features.

It wouldn't make much sense for the character to change their face in the middle of the game. Maybe you could only change your face at the beginning, along with skin colour, height, and other unchangeable features.
    Ha, Ha, Ha. A ditto's cells therapy XD

I hope there is character customization like in PBR. Even if there isn't skin tone customization in the japanese version, Nintendo might add it for the other versions (right?).

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    Has it been mentioned here that the games are apparently getting Miiverse features? I could have sworn there was a rumour a while back saying we'd have customizable trainers via Miiverse avatars or something.
    I'm hoping to get a character and be able to customize it, but a Mii would do just fine. Maybe the character in the trailer is a prototype or something. We won't know until official artwork is announced. If it is, we have it set. If it isn't, then we'll probably either be able to customize the player or get a Mii for the character. I would like a customizable player character better than the Mii, though.
    Yea, I really hope we get good customization, but not Miis. I do not like Miis at all, they just don't look good, especially when they aren't in a Mii game. I want good customization options, with a decent variety of options, including all natural colors of eyes and hair (and also maybe some non-natural colors). Also clothes would be good to change, at least a little bit maybe. But skin tone, hair style and color, face shape/type, eye color and shape, facial features, etc. are very welcome to me. Nothing wrong with some customization on a silent character that you play as. It won't turn into Sims or Animal Crossing like the opposition says.

Although I do agree with @Poko907; on the point of the face features and such. All facial and bodily features should be permanent after choosing them in the beginning with only hair and a few clothes options being changeable later on.
    Ninja-Mage and Caseydia like this.

Rawr! I iz da Kwaken! Polkadot Jolteon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Guys.

In don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but look back at the trailer.

The male character is wearing sunglasses.

But in the scene where he swings on the rope in the trees, where are they...?

This either means Trainer customization, or that clip was taken at a different point of development in the games and the lack of glasses was a beta idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Polkadot Jolteon View Post
    Guys.

In don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but look back at the trailer.

The male character is wearing sunglasses.

But in the scene where he swings on the rope in the trees, where are they...?

This either means Trainer customization, or that clip was taken at a different point of development in the games and the lack of glasses was a beta idea.
    yah we've done that one to death. Actually the glasses are there, they fell off him when he was swinging and if you look closely behind him you'll see the glasses. But the fact that the glasses fall off are a point in customizations favor. As if they fall of it means it's an individual texture. If they were part of the character they should be part of the characters full model.

Blog Entries

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say customizing our trainers is finally coming. My reasoning are a few and ill list them off as so. (Mind you I'm on a iPad so I won't go to in depth quite yet).

1. The trainers shown look just a tad generic
    2. Did you notice how the trainer was looking in a mirror? Often times character creators use this setting for the creation set up. The "getting dressed approach".
    3. There were no official images of the trainers to be found in the trailer, as I recall all the past trailers always introduced who you're playing.

I know it sounds like I'm grasping at straws and yes I am. But that's the fun of speculation! Ill post more thoughts I have when I can use a key board. But please discuss!
    i agree soo much i hope this is true

I think there will be, and in the trailer it shows the set protagonist. This would be a very nice feature, but they'd have to make it really nice, like you can go and buy cloth's from a store somewhere, and you start with tons of options, then if they do this, the opening for multilayer you would be able to toggle with through several options, to make it feel like your on this journey a bit more, maybe your rival should make fun of your cloth's and be mean, no matter how epic you look :)
    Last edited by Mitt; 13th March 2013 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Spelling

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In the Iwata Asks from GameFreak's HarmoKnight, there's a design document for that game drawn by Turner mentioning items you could buy to customize your player's appearance, yet in the actual game, this feature is nowhere to be found, I'm guessing it was dropped due to time constraints.

It made me wonder if perhaps they took that idea and applied it to XY.

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

I really don't know why we can't have customization. In this day and age, with all the other games that features customization, it doesn't make sense a game like Pokemon is missing it. It's an RPG meant to be your journey. Why can't we personalize it? Heck, make it so we can unlock customizables a la TF2 throughout the game. I'd go for that. Maybe even allow decals for our pokemon like the seals from Gen IV, but make them permanent. All this would make pokemon fun and customizable.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

CottonSheepFairy 33Whimsicott33's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tendou Soujirou View Post
    In the Iwata Asks from GameFreak's HarmoKnight, there's a design document for that game drawn by Turner mentioning items you could buy to customize your player's appearance, yet in the actual game, this feature is nowhere to be found, I'm guessing it was dropped due to time constraints.

It made me wonder if perhaps they took that idea and applied it to XY.
    At the very least, it crossed their mind.
    Oh?

well, it may add more complications. for example, your mother figure; wouldn't it be weird if you had dark skin but for her to be pale? or if you had curly purple hair while her's was blonde and straight? im just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by MikamiMoon View Post
    well, it may add more complications. for example, your mother figure; wouldn't it be weird if you had dark skin but for her to be pale? or if you had curly purple hair while her's was blonde and straight? im just sayin'.
    Is the parent even necessary? The father has only ever appeared once in the series. How I'd start it is you were sent from another region to study Pokemon under the professor of this region who was a personal friend of your parents. Thus no parent necessary. You could get letters sent from your parents if there really is a true need for some parental support on your journey.

But another way is there would be preset characters for the parents based on skin color choices. If you have curly hair you'll just have to pretend your never home father passed that down to you.

Page 22 of 72 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast