Anime Angel InuNaruPokeAlchemist's Avatar

Default Re: Trainer Customization

Personally, I am all for trainer customization :D

Blog Entries

What makes me think it will happen is.

No cartoon drawing by nintendo of a boy/girl character
    The mirror shot
    The fact the girl in video is so oddly dressed for a new trainer.

Blog Entries

I think that brown haired player characters is getting a bit repetitive, honestly. I didn't necessarily care about it before, but now that we've had brown-haired player characters in both BW and B2W2 I honestly what a change. I guess it fits as a sort of "default" and "neutral" hair color, but I really want more variation here, and this is why I hope character customization is possible.

To be able to play an avatar that's a little bit more personal.
    The_Doctor, Eradia, Owain and 1 others like this.

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate

Nyx

Quote Originally Posted by Angela-Samshi View Post
    I think that brown haired player characters is getting a bit repetitive, honestly. I didn't necessarily care about it before, but now that we've had brown-haired player characters in both BW and B2W2 I honestly what a change. I guess it fits as a sort of "default" and "neutral" hair color, but I really want more variation here, and this is why I hope character customization is possible.

To be able to play an avatar that's a little bit more personal.
    I completely agree with that. While Gen. V's PCs were great and all I think we could use a change this time. At least XY's female PC has (if we don't get customization after all) blonde hair, while the male PC looks like Hilbert's clone. I might consider playing with the female PC this time if we don't get the option to modify our characters.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Maybe we won't be getting trainer customization...?

I don't know if this is fake or not but

I know this could just be the default look, but ... while the customizing idea is cool, I don't know how it'll be.

Nyx

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post

I know this could just be the default look, but ... while the customizing idea is cool, I don't know how it'll be.
    You know that's a fake scan, right? Trainer customization could still happen.
    Owain likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Warrior View Post

You know that's a fake scan, right? Trainer customization could still happen.
    How should I know if it's fake or not? XDD But thanks for letting me know. I don't know what is fake or what is real.

But anyways, it could still happen, but having a set character with a set story withing a set plot could be good as well. Maybe accerssories or minimal clothing changing according to the season. But nothing more than that, I guess.

I would love the idea of having to obtain clothing during the game, though XDD Like cloaks/capes for being the Champion - stuff that you can get gradually as you process.

But then - how would your sprite appear in Wi-Fi games against other players? Would the sprite appear as a default character?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    I just think the skin change is a horrid idea... I don't care about the race of the PC...

clothing and hair yes skin? absolutely not
    Couldn't we just choose skin colour/eye colour/other unchangeable features at the beginning then not be able to change it? You could set your race and not be able to change it. It would get rid of the "changing race in the middle of the game" problem. Plastic surgery is also an option, but that would be going over the edge.
    First post! :D

I don't know if this is fake or not but

That was confirmed as fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Chespin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vulpix View Post
    I just dunno if I want it. On one hand I love RPGs that change your look, DQ9 is great with this and so is Xenoblade, but with Pokemon its always been a set hero, and I just can't imagine changing the look too much. Give him different clothes sure, but outside of that I refuse to accept hair color and what not. The farthest I can accept this is if they give us seasonal clothing, and that's it, or perhaps a celebratory Pokemon master look for becoming the champion. Like your jacket becoming a trench coat or something.
    A trench coat? That's so strange...
    I meant a long coat.
    Badass Longcoat - Television Tropes & Idioms
    I really want a PC with a long coat, its cliche, but something appropriate for someone who's the champion of the region.
    You just HAD to link to TV Tropes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudgenuggets View Post
    So I've been thinking about his subject of customization for a while and I had a thought. Why not just use both default and customized characters? We can use default characters for single player use and customized avatars for multiplayer use sort of like how we use different generic NPC avatars for GTS and whatnot. Instead of generic NPCs, we can use our avatars.
    You shot at the point and missed it. We want to look like ourselves-or, at least, an idealized version of ourselves-ingame. Not when we're battling only.
    Last edited by Shiny Celebi; 13th February 2013 at 08:48 PM. Reason: editing multiposts in

Like your jacket becoming a trench coat or something.
    The Doctor approves! ;D

Ninja-Mage likes this.

The only problem with trench coats is very few people can actually pull them off in real life. At my college there's at least three dudes wearing matrix style leather trench coats but with the body of your average magic the gathering playing nerd.just looks silly lol~
    The_Doctor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja-Mage View Post
    The only problem with trench coats is very few people can actually pull them off in real life. At my college there's at least three dudes wearing matrix style leather trench coats but with the body of your average magic the gathering playing nerd.just looks silly lol~
    Haha, nice. I'd love to see more clothing options in the customization, as well as hair, eyes, skin, etc. customization at the beginning.

Also, I've been told by a few people that I can pull off a long coat/trench coat :D

I actually kind of like that fake character art. I hope we get the character art soon, I've been wanting to see what the female player character is in detail. They didn't exactly give her a lot of focus in the trailer...all of what, 2/3 shots?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayde View Post
    "OH HOT DAMN! LOOK AT THAT FUCKING BELL! IT'S SMALL AND CUTE AND HAS A FUCKING RIBBON ON IT'S FUCKING HEAD! BACK THIS PARTY VAN UP! I GOTTA CATCH THAT SHIT!!"

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

I want to have green hair.

''Screw the rules, I have green hair!''

Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    Like your jacket becoming a trench coat or something.
    The Doctor approves! ;D

So does Castiel.
    I did not just squee, shut up...
    The_Doctor likes this.

i'm not saying it WILL srew the game up, i'm saying it MIGHT screw up the game if done incorrectly. if you want to change your characters skin tone, fine. if you want your trainer to have different coloured hair, by all means, go right ahead. (i've personally been waiting for a trainer with blonde hair for forever.) i'm just saying, if they focus to much on customization, it'll be a little like Animal Crossing, and distract from the pokemon. Animal Crossing and pokemon are both great games, but in my opinion, they wouldn't work well together.
    My Pokémon white version FC:4169-4052-9190

Blog Entries

@Youngsage3; Can't think of one game where character creation ruined the gameplay given how they are different sections of the team
    The_Doctor and Cabecote like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

Page 15 of 72 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast