Trainer Customization - Page 13
Page 13 of 72 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Trainer Customization

What news from the Mark?! IS1296's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Trainer Customization

Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    What if GameFreak offered us options instead of full player customization? Such as a default brunette, a default blonde, a default redhead, etc. How would you all feel about that? Although I feel that full player customization would be best, that would serve as a nice medium.
    that's not really customization is it? unless of course we can change hair color/style later on. If those are the only ways to "customize" then i would not be happy. it might be a start towards the customization route, but it'd be a weak start imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    What if GameFreak offered us options instead of full player customization? Such as a default brunette, a default blonde, a default redhead, etc. How would you all feel about that? Although I feel that full player customization would be best, that would serve as a nice medium.
    That wouldn't be customization, but... it would be better than not having any other options but playing with the two boring characters showed on the video.

I just watched the trailer again. cause of the gadget thread. and I saw the trainer having his gadget already in the room.
    And it's not quite often that the trainer has his gadget before leaving!

Is it or I'm wrong

On the other hand I'm not a fan of customization for that excist Sims. Things which should be under development should be only hair and skin color.

I don't care what race the player character is. I just like the single characters.

And who here doesn't want another "Hat vs Hair" discussion/argument?
    (I am "vulpix" in the bulbagarden irc chat! Come talk to me!) (I like black women!)

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I actually kind of like playing as a character with a set design. In most cases, I don't want to play as a character who looks like me, even if I use my real name, since playing video games is a means of escapism for me. Even so, I wouldn't be against a feature like this, but at the same time, I'm not really going to be hoping for something like this either.

In glorious technicolor The Outrage's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    I actually kind of like playing as a character with a set design. In most cases, I don't want to play as a character who looks like me, even if I use my real name, since playing video games is a means of escapism for me. Even so, I wouldn't be against a feature like this, but at the same time, I'm not really going to be hoping for something like this either.
    Customization doesn't mean making the character look like you either. It lets you create an idealized version of "you"

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    Customization doesn't mean making the character look like you either. It lets you create an idealized version of "you"
    That's true. I've only played a couple of games where I could customize the character, but I never thought of it as creating an ideal version of myself, or at least not consciously. I just went with whatever looked nice enough. I do see the appeal in trainer customization, but I still don't think it's something that I'd really be eager to have, especially compared to other features.

Im gonna go at this from another point of view for a minute. Apart from giving players some individuality and distinction i think having customization can also play a small part in the game-play of games and attract some of another crowd. Pokemon has always been a game that allows you to collect items around the world. In older gens (more specifically gen 3 with secret bases) we had collectables that provided some level of customisation. So its not too far of a stretch for them to add customization options that must be found scattered around the world or bought from shops. This would add extra game play time for those that want to find them or just like finishing games 100%. It may also draw in some female gamers or girls from the same ~10 year old age group that pokemon is marketed to (this is generalization i agree but that's how these things tend to get marketed).

Quote Originally Posted by Solacen View Post
    Im gonna go at this from another point of view for a minute. Apart from giving players some individuality and distinction i think having customization can also play a small part in the game-play of games and attract some of another crowd. Pokemon has always been a game that allows you to collect items around the world. In older gens (more specifically gen 3 with secret bases) we had collectables that provided some level of customisation. So its not too far of a stretch for them to add customization options that must be found scattered around the world or bought from shops. This would add extra game play time for those that want to find them or just like finishing games 100%. It may also draw in some female gamers or girls from the same ~10 year old age group that pokemon is marketed to (this is generalization i agree but that's how these things tend to get marketed).
    Oh I agree animal crossing is currently the best selling 3ds game in Japan and the majority of its players are female. Part of that is Japanese girls love to play dress up in games. You can't tell me nintendo didn't write down what worked there and passed off the recipe to game freak. Though Pokemon is generally a fairly unisex game series, adding in more reasons to be bought by the casual gamers won't hurt.

There's a pretty solid chance that player character customisation is finally going to be introduced. The PC in the trailer looked like he was wearing a simplified version of the male Black / White PC's clothing, I assume that along with generic, simplified versions of the PC outfits from previous games would be included if customisable hair / clothes / accessories was going to be introduced at long last.

The architecture in the cities shown in the trailer seems to be drawn from France and other western mainland European countries, as well as the Eiffel Tower looking structure that there is a brief glimpse of. If France, maybe Paris specifically, is the basis for the new region in X and Y then it would make sense that fashion would be something of a focus. The PC standing in front of a mirror is a good hint, too.

I know I'm just repeating what others have said, but I'm excited at how likely it's looking.
    I do regular Pokémon giveaways on Tumblr, click here and come trade with me!

Quote Originally Posted by vulpix View Post
    I don't care what race the player character is. I just like the single characters.

And who here doesn't want another "Hat vs Hair" discussion/argument?
    ...I don't.

And it is not just about the race of the character. Character customization is a feature that makes the game much more enjoyable.
    Hell, it was one of the features that made me love Dragon Quest 9 and believe me when I say that I don't like any of the other games in this franchise.

Fiery passion that burns! Season's Avatar
    Follow Season On Twitter Add Season on Facebook

It may not be clothing that can be changed but you may have the chance to add and change accessories? We saw in the trailer that the Male Protagonist was wearing Shades.

The 'unShiny' Umbreon! unShinyUmbreon's Avatar

I would actually enjoy character customization. I mean, in the previous games you would always play as a chibi, but now the characters are more elaborate! So why not?

Visit Dralcax's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by johnr754 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja-Mage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    Customizations are fine and all - but they should be limited to clothing and accessories. If they enabled skin color as part of customizing, there will be one heck of an uproar on that about skin color issues and the like.

Well, maybe hairstyles could be acceptable as well
    Why would skin color be an issue? If anything it should be a bigger issue if they don't allow customization of that lol
    No one wants another Jynx and Lenora incident.
    Why would it cause one? If someone wants to be proud of their race and choose a darker skin color, it's up to them, and that's better than making everyone a generic white person.

Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

I actually think they may switch PC designs I would not be surprised if these were not the final designs. I actually hope for the Trainer customization due to how generic the guy character looks.

Page 13 of 72 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast