Trainer Customization - Page 12
Page 12 of 72 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Trainer Customization

Default Re: Trainer Customization

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakeshi View Post
    I hate to say it like this, but if we do get character customization then Pokemon will have finally caught up with many of its competitors in terms of features. It's really sad that a franchise as well-selling as pokemon that has been around for as long as it has doesn't actually have some of the features we consider a huge part of the RPG experience today. We get all excited about the prospect of it not because it's something new, but because it is something new for Pokemon.
    I'm sad to say as fans we generally let Gamefreak get away with murder for the most part. Prior to X and Y's announcement I suggested trainer customization a lot, and almost unanimously other fans would strike it down. Mind you I always mentioned it with 3D in mind as most have said sprites would have been a waste of time for customization.

From Gold and silver to Heart Gold and Soul Silver they never really truly added onto the game, at least not in the way most developers do. It took us five generations to get a lot of the added benefits of Black and White and even then it's still missing a lot of things. Specifically getting rid of the deposit and withdraw feature on the PC, just let us drag and move to our hearts content. I love Game Freak, but as dev's they really don't listen to the fans. I think this is a problem for most Japanese Dev teams.

Blog Entries
    Add Stratago on MySpace

It would be awesome to be able to customize the look of your character, kinda like DQ9 or something, but the mirror could just be a way of showcasing the game's 3D engine by showing depth. I hope I'm wrong....

Smogon: 'Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkIceFox View Post
    Having a blonde, light brown, brown, dark brown, and black option would be nice for hair
    *cough* Ginger *cough* Don't forget the redheads. But aside from that, yes, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    Having a blonde, light brown, brown, dark brown, and black option would be nice for hair
    *cough* Ginger *cough* Don't forget the redheads. But aside from that, yes, I agree.
    Doh! You're right. You'd think I'd remember that since my own hair is reddish brown! I like red hair too. |: Brain fart.
    An IceFox who prefers fire types? That's... interesting.
    I'm more partial to blues and greens as well~

You've been waiting a while to be ginger too! ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja-Mage View Post
    You've been waiting a while to be ginger too! ;p
    Haha yep. Still not ginger.

Chameleon Circuit - Still Not Ginger - YouTube

Although I will say that if customization is used, then I'll probably go with my real hair color: brown. If there's a reddish brown option as well, I'll use it instead because I do have a bit of red in my hair (mostly my facial hair, it's more reddish)

I have brown hair also, honestly I wouldn't be upset if they ever forced me to play a non white male, but I would be upset if they forced me to be blonde.. Fingers crossed for an end to pre-determined characters.

I've also been wanting a way to transfer my trainer card across generations so they'll stop addressing me as a new trainer...I've been playing Pokemon since before the intended audience was born.. But I'll take what victories I can get

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja-Mage View Post
    I have brown hair also, honestly I wouldn't be upset if they ever forced me to play a non white male, but I would be upset if they forced me to be blonde.. Fingers crossed for an end to pre-determined characters.
    Exactly my feelings. I am not sure if I want to play as that blond female.

You know I was just thinking, if they add player customization. Maybe it's time they get rid of the parents? They don't really serve a major purpose in game. Maybe you start out new to the region and fend for yourself kind of how animal crossing pulls it off.

Surrender now or carry on Bikini Miltank's Avatar Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

I demand pink hair. I want to play as a magical girl, damn it.
    Haven't been able to do that since the days of Phantasy Star Online...

Blog Entries

What if GameFreak offered us options instead of full player customization? Such as a default brunette, a default blonde, a default redhead, etc. How would you all feel about that? Although I feel that full player customization would be best, that would serve as a nice medium.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    This is the first time it's ever made sense for the Pokemon main series games to begin a player customization feature, so I think there's definitely a possibility. I also wouldn't say that the player character being presented in the mirror clearly indicates player customization, but it definitely doesn't refute the idea, either. I hope that if GameFreak has added the feature that they go full-tilt: skin colour, hair colour, eye colour, and although I'm not one to care about fashion I think they should incorporate clothing as well. That being said GameFreak needs to focus on the quality of the options when implementing a customization feature, rather than the quantity of options.
    You know, I wonder if they did do this, would the appearance of your in-game mom change to accommodate the appearance of the character? The last two mom's highly resembled the PC's for example, so I wonder how that would work out. (Especially if they ever give you a dad like they did with Norman again)

Might not be that big of an issue, and I support overall character customization as it draws you more into the game. Would be cool to intentionally design your PCs to be different if your playing more than one version, too.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Visit Rocky505's Youtube Channel

I would like us to be able to unlock clothes, hats etc throughout the game, but if you start a new game they stay unlocked. They did a similar thing like this in the Yu-Gi-Oh 5d's games for it's story mode.

"I'm just a passing through Pokemon Trainer,"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    This is the first time it's ever made sense for the Pokemon main series games to begin a player customization feature, so I think there's definitely a possibility. I also wouldn't say that the player character being presented in the mirror clearly indicates player customization, but it definitely doesn't refute the idea, either. I hope that if GameFreak has added the feature that they go full-tilt: skin colour, hair colour, eye colour, and although I'm not one to care about fashion I think they should incorporate clothing as well. That being said GameFreak needs to focus on the quality of the options when implementing a customization feature, rather than the quantity of options.
    You know, I wonder if they did do this, would the appearance of your in-game mom change to accommodate the appearance of the character? The last two mom's highly resembled the PC's for example, so I wonder how that would work out. (Especially if they ever give you a dad like they did with Norman again)

Might not be that big of an issue, and I support overall character customization as it draws you more into the game. Would be cool to intentionally design your PCs to be different if your playing more than one version, too.
    I totally agree! The fact that we have 3D player characters now and the theme seems to involve DNA (as shown by the game titles), then would it not just make sense for player customization? DNA, in essence, is an encoding of genetic instructions that make you who you are and make your body operate the way it does. Your DNA differentiates you from the person next to you.

I feel that everything lines up in such a way that it would be foolish of GameFreak not to at least attempt a player customization feature.

One other point to be made in favor of player customization. Did anyone else notice there was no trainer to be found at all in the battles?

Page 12 of 72 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast