Trainer Customization
Page 1 of 72 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Trainer Customization

Default Trainer Customization

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say customizing our trainers is finally coming. My reasoning are a few and ill list them off as so. (Mind you I'm on a iPad so I won't go to in depth quite yet).

1. The trainers shown look just a tad generic
    2. Did you notice how the trainer was looking in a mirror? Often times character creators use this setting for the creation set up. The "getting dressed approach".
    3. There were no official images of the trainers to be found in the trailer, as I recall all the past trailers always introduced who you're playing.

I know it sounds like I'm grasping at straws and yes I am. But that's the fun of speculation! Ill post more thoughts I have when I can use a key board. But please discuss!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Trainer Customization

I had the exact same thoughts, if I'm honest. The trainers were not particularly outstanding or very different, and I did think of the customisation thing because of the 'looking in the mirror' featured in the trailer. Additionally, the whole concept is definitely more feasible now that everything is going to be 3D, and the player character is going to be more developed in terms of graphics (customisation with those tiny sprites was never going to happen), so I don't see why it wouldn't happen. :>

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    I had the exact same thoughts, if I'm honest. The trainers were not particularly outstanding or very different, and I did think of the customisation thing because of the 'looking in the mirror' featured in the trailer. Additionally, the whole concept is definitely more feasible now that everything is going to be 3D, and the player character is going to be more developed in terms of graphics (customisation with those tiny sprites was never going to happen), so I don't see why it wouldn't happen. :>
    At the very least I think we'll be able to customize outfits through out the game. The whole goggle thing is too digimon for me lol

Humanity's Strongest Shiny Celebi's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Its a nice feature I definately want to see. Player characters are nice, but i want to see mine be a little more like myself at least.I think they should let you customise hair color, eye color, and clothing or possibly the color of the clothing. Those would all let player really play as themselves to an extent, it would enhance the gameplay and I think people would enjoy the game more.

Hyping over Steven Stone Kyriaki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Customizations are fine and all - but they should be limited to clothing and accessories. If they enabled skin color as part of customizing, there will be one heck of an uproar on that about skin color issues and the like.

Well, maybe hairstyles could be acceptable as well

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    Customizations are fine and all - but they should be limited to clothing and accessories. If they enabled skin color as part of customizing, there will be one heck of an uproar on that about skin color issues and the like.

Why would skin color be an issue? If anything it should be a bigger issue if they don't allow customization of that lol

Somalian Anarchy Leader! John Understands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow John Understands on Tumblr Visit John Understands's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja-Mage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post

Why would skin color be an issue? If anything it should be a bigger issue if they don't allow customization of that lol
    No one wants another Jynx and Lenora incident.

Blog Entries

Wouldn't not allowing skin color change also be a tad controversial? Even more than Lenora and Jynx? It would be like saying everyone is white. That, and I know France has a high immigration rate, so it's not like it will look out of place. (Although they don't really want the inmigrants.)

That being said, I don't mind if we don't get to pick the skin color, even if I am not white. I'm just ecstatic because it looks possible. It would be a waste to have a France-based region but no fashion stuff, at least in my opinion.
    Last edited by Sapphire; 8th January 2013 at 01:19 PM.
    My mom's Puerto Rican. That's why I'm so lively and colorful.

The character design itself looks really "Vannila" to me, so it seems that we might get some customizations options.

Visit Rocky505's Youtube Channel

Saw these on Serebii Forums. No glasses in one, glasses in the other.

"I'm just a passing through Pokemon Trainer,"

Trainer customization is something I would really like to see in XY, even if it's just really basic customization like hair/skin/clothing color. It would be a start, so that's good enough for me.

I'd like some character customization, not a fan of that hat.

I'm sure they're gonna allow trainer customization this time around. Partly because it gives them a chance to utilize DLC without locking Pokemon to DLC only and pissing people off.

Banner by JokesterJesse

Insert Witty Title Here Azure Butterfly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dragon Quest IX had this functionality, and you can tell that Game Freak took gameplay elements from it (the art style is incredibly similar, and everyone and their grandmother plays DQ in Japan).

Blog Entries

doubt we'll see skin/eye color... the PC is a charcter so changing skin colar makes no sense
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Page 1 of 72 1231151 ... LastLast