Trainer Card Requirements...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trainer Card Requirements...

Blog Entries

Default Trainer Card Requirements...

I posted this in the Status Reports thread though decided to delete that post and make a new topic. Everything will be listed here as follows and copied from a Japanese Wiki:

トレーナーカードの星

* 殿堂入り
    * プラチナフラッグ獲得(地下で50個旗を獲得)
    * マスターランクコンテスト優勝(1部門で良い)
    * バトルタワーのシングルバトル最高連勝数100回以上
    * 全国図鑑完成
    o 以下不要

151 ミュウ | 249 ルギア | 250 ホウオウ | 251 セレビィ
    385 ジラーチ | 386 デオキシス | 489 フィオネ |490 マナフィ
    491 シェイミ | 492 ダークライ | 493 アルセウス

0 Stars - Red Card (Default)

1 Star - Blue Card (Defeat Elite Four)

2 Stars - Copper Card (Complete all Super Contests on Master Rank. There is also a building in the Resort Area that sells expensive ribbons, and I believe that may have something to do with this specific trainer card star. I do not have my official guide yet so I will look into it).

3 Stars - Silver Card (Complete National Dex, to my knowledge this includes everything: Kanto, Jouto, Houen and Shin'ō) Zhen Lin or someone else (please excuse my ignorance if I spelled the Diamond and Pearl region incorrectly) As you can see by that semi-table, you do not need Mew, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Fione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Sheimi, or Aruseus.

4 Stars - Gold Card (Battle Tower, and here is where I am confused. It says apparently that you need 100 wins and there is even a person in the Battle Tower as well that speaks of 100 wins as well. However after defeating Kurotsugu (the Tower Tycoon) on my first attempt, I checked my trainer card and it had another star on it. While it could be from my contests, keep in mind that after I won my last Master Rank contest.

I did not have another star on my card that I can recall, it was only after I defeated Kurotsugu on that first shot after 20 consecutive victories. Also there is a something I read on that same Japanese Wiki where you face Kurotsugu again after winning 48 consecutive victories. This time instead of having a Dragonite, Dosaidon, and Milotic, he has a Hiidoran, a Regigigas, and a Kureseria.

I do not have my guide yet so I cannot look this up and confirm it for good. Perhaps I made an error and think I got the star from the Kurotsugu when I really got it from the contests. I have to look into it and my guide is not arriving for a few weeks.

5 Stars - Platinum (I guess) Card (Mini-game that you must play with a friend. Capture a flag, something to do with the Underground. This kind of deal with mini-games is similar to the fourth star for the Gold Card on Fire Red and Leaf Green where you had to play the Mini Game on Island 2 and get a high score).

http://www18.atwiki.jp/pokemondp/pages/10.html <--- Wiki page for Trainer Card requirements.

Search for トレーナーカードの星 in the Firefox find box.

http://www18.atwiki.jp/pokemondp/pages/72.html <--- Wiki page for Battle Tower.

My goal is to let this be the first game where I am able to get the highest ranking for a trainer card. Fire Red and Leaf Green I never bothered with and with Emerald, I only got Silver due to the Battle Frontier being insanely difficult. Ruby (never bought Sapphire), I just used as a game to trade over things.

Does the site linked to make a mention of the "Xbox Live Achievements"-esque feature on Diamond and Pearl's Trainer Cards? I'm referring to the points total listed on the front side of the card that seems to increase through trades, battles and whatever else I have not figured out.

Blog Entries

As far as the Tower Tycoon's team goes, yes, it does seem to be true about the 49th battle. Serebii says he has the Heatran/Regigigas/Crescelia team as well.

We confirmed that the requirements are:
    -Complete the National Dex in capture mode.
    -Get 50 wins in the Capture the Flag Underground Minigame.
    -Win a Master Rank Super Contest.
    -Defeat the Elite Four and the Championness.
    -Get 100 consecutive wins at the Battle Tower.

And the Five Star Card is Black.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by greatfire View Post
    We confirmed that the requirements are:
    -Complete the National Dex in capture mode.
    -Get 50 wins in the Capture the Flag Underground Minigame.
    -Win a Master Rank Super Contest.
    -Defeat the Elite Four and the Championness.
    -Get 100 consecutive wins at the Battle Tower.

And the Five Star Card is Black.
    Interesting, then maybe I just originally thought that defeating Kurotsugu the first time gave me the star though it was really the contests. Is there a picture of the Black Card?

Also what's a recommended team for getting 100 wins? I am curious from those that are Battle Tower/Battle Frontier experts.

Blog Entries

As far as the Tower goes, that depends on two things. One, do you see National Dex Pokémon there, or only those from the Sinnoh Dex (ala Ruby/Sapphire)? And two, do you fight the Tower Tycoon at regular points after the Heatran/Regigigas/Crescelia battle? Taking the answers to those factors in mind may help craft a team based on the likeliness of certain types to appear.

No matter how you slice it, though, the best Pokémon are always those with a wide variety of attacks available, I think. I also think using a Regigigas of your own may be a good idea, because it gets the element punches to play off its MASSIVE Attack stat (and it's such a juggernaut that it should survive long enough to work off the effect of Slow Start)

Blog Entries

Regigigas is definitely an option and I'll be looking into it. Thanks for that. By the same token, I would like to complete the National Dex first and also play the mini-game. I want Black, though I can settle for Gold (Four Stars), however I do want something better than Silver.

Blog Entries

I must say that I am rather surprised Regigigas is even allowed into the Tower. Isn't he an uber?

φιλομαθής Zhen Lin's Avatar Vice-Webmaster

The Battle Tower uses the Pok&#233;mon from the National Dex. The Tycoon appears after 20 consecutive wins and 48 consecutive wins.

Blog Entries

So it's Tower Tycoon with Dragonite/Dosidon/Milotic at battle 21, Heatran/Regigigas/Crescelia at battle 49, and then you don't see him again unless you lose and start your run over?

Blog Entries

To TGB's first post - I do find it kind of interesting that Regigigas is allowed as well, though perhaps as you talked about with it having a speed disadvantage is why it was included.

To TGB's second post - Yes that is how it goes. You will fight Kurotsugu every time after you win 20 and 48. Allowing you to gain a lot of battle points if you succeed each time.

To Zhen - Indeed, though I am curious, how well did you fare in Tower? What is your streak as of this moment?

It looks as though in the end the Gold will be the highest that I will be attempting. Just as with the Battle Frontier from Emerald, it got very old, very fast to get so close to the goal only to fail right at the end. 4/5 isn't bad though considering all that's involved you know.

φιλομαθής Zhen Lin's Avatar Vice-Webmaster

20 wins. Beaten by Milotic, as expected.

Blog Entries

All right, I received my official guide yesterday. It's decent, and has a huge section on the Super Contests. However it only shows one small page on the Trainer Card explaining what all of us already knew and doesn't even cover the Battle Tower, acknowledge the existence of Kurotsugu, or even cover on how to get some of the legendaries.

Overall, it's an okay guide though I'm going to try my luck with some others, to both build up my collection as well as maybe get some tips on things I didn't already know about. In the end, I will probably not be able to get the "Five-Star" rank that I was hoping for because 100 wins is just too tough for me.

Heh it's kind of interesting how in certain games, I always seem to fail at getting 100 of something, consecutively. In Super Mario RPG, I couldn't get 100 Super Jumps in a row. In Ruby/Sapphire, I never even attempted to try and get 100 wins in the Battle Tower there even though there was an example guide written by Mild_Altaria for SPP. And now, I don't think I'll be able to get 100 wins here in Diamond/Pearl.

I suppose that some people just train their Pokemon to absolute perfection though then again even still, I don't know of anything that would be absolute perfect to really be able to take on 100 battles and win them without relying too much on luck.

That combined with the fact that Kurotsugu has two really good teams that can trip up even the most experienced of players. I guess I just have to study Smogon for hours and hours and perhaps maybe I can clear this.

Scans, plz?

Does the guide have Sugimori art of all the new Pokemon?

Blog Entries

Unfortunately Habunake, it does not. It has a few pictures though it doesn't have all the art, so that's why I am going to try my luck with another. It does have full color maps though which look amazing. I can take a few pictures in the next few days though I do not have a scanner.

Getting back on topic slightly (not to jab at you Habunake), I am going to make sure I complete my National Dex and also play the "Capture the Flag" game so I can get a Gold Card.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast