The Top 10 Reasons Why Lance is an Awful Person - Page 2
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Top 10 Reasons Why Lance is an Awful Person

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: The Top 10 Reasons Why Lance is an Awful Person

Quote Originally Posted by Gligar13 View Post
    1 more. In the power plant he says "we must make those electrode faint" Why doesnt he catch them? Because he has his hacked dragonite!
    NO, it's because he wants to save his hacked x999 masterballs. Btw, great thread.
    Sarcasm is the body's natural defense against stupidity.

Platinum FC: 2665-1784-2682

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

LOL it might be true but I still like him plush how many dragon types are in Johto before the national dex? And how else can a champion be difficult to test your abilities as a trainer right?

Þæ åsåmste mæn ån þæ sæit Battaman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FusengerShadow View Post
    Maybe the Electrodes had already been caught by Team Rocket? *shrug*
    Well I caught my 3...

FC: 2766-8797-7935 Known as Bent in game
    Due to reaching 90 friends om my 3DS, I will not add anyone anymore random people, I'm sorry, don't take it personally.

Stranger than you dreamt Batbloodx's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gooblah View Post
    Completely original. I edited out some of the swears I originally had in my rant. Basically, five minutes of rage after the Mahogany Rocket HQ converted into words.

2) He dresses like a douchebag, like a f***ing bat. For a Dragon Master, he could take a few lessons in style from Claire.
    If I was a Trainer in the Pokemon World, I'd dress like a bat, too. T.T
    You're running after something that you'll never kill; if this what you want, then fire at will...

Stranger than you dreamt Batbloodx's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I caught my Voltorb in Rocket HQ. I nicknamed it Poke' Ball. =D
    You're running after something that you'll never kill; if this what you want, then fire at will...

Post Thanks / Like

And you KNOW he got Clair her job as the Gym Leader, despite her having the worst possible disposition for a potential GL. Nepotism for the loss.
    SoulSilver FC: 3782 1205 0348
    Platinum FC: 2879 5571 5372

I think instead of a quote, I might just start listing the number of people whose signatures contain quotes by me. My goal is to be in ALL OF THEM.

Post Thanks / Like

one reason I really don't like about him is that he was Elite four from older games and now made a champion. I would much prefer the champion to be a new person like in the other regions.
    Travel the world, taste great food, till we are old.

Post Thanks / Like

10) He clearly cheats. His Dragonite in Mahogany Town is level 40, even though Dragonair evolves at level 55.

9) He used Hyper Beam on an unarmed, un-Pokemon-using shopkeeper in order to bully him. Hyper Beam is an energy beam that deals 150 damage before modifiers take effect. He's lucky the shopkeeper didn't die.

7) Furthermore, while inside said base, he doesn't actually attack anyone. He just kind of runs around and battles only four people, two of whom he battles with the player in a double battle.

6) His battle techniques are a piece of shit. He simply spams Fly.

3) He meets Silver, the Player's Rival, and dominates him, even though he doesn't affect the events in Mahogany at all; on the flip side, he can't even handle taking on a Rocket Executive for the Player.

2) He dresses like a douchebag, like a f***ing bat. For a Dragon Master, he could take a few lessons in style from Claire.

1) Finally, he uses three (count them, THREE) Dragonites during the Player's Championship battle with him; they're all hacked (levels 49, 49, and 50); and they all have the same moveset, excluding one move. None of these different moves even receive a STAB bonus.

Edit: If this isn't kosher for the forum or in the wrong forum, please move it. Nothing I read gave an indication that it violated any rules, but I probably missed something. Sorry in advance!
    10 Maybe he used the same frequency Team Rocket was using to evolve Magikarps?

9 He knew he wouldn't. Yes I know the anime isn't considered the same cannon as the game but the very fact people usually come out alright in the anime when attacked by pokemon implies the same would happen in the game.

7 How do you know? Maybe there were people that didn't attack you because Lance kicked their asses?

6 This I can agree with.

3 Silver deserves it, he's a douche.

2 Ew, you think Clair dresses good and Lance doesn't?

1 Good. One hit ko from hitmonchan's ice punch for all three of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Keegman View Post
    I'm just shocked, shocked, that after all the brouhaha, he just leaves that warped, broken metal tree-tenna standing there next to the house. I mean, come on, Lance—followthrough is important. Clean up after your jobs.
    Oooooh, is that what that's for? An antenna? I am slightly less confused now.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu200 View Post
    LOL it might be true but I still like him plush how many dragon types are in Johto before the national dex? And how else can a champion be difficult to test your abilities as a trainer right?
    A kingdra would have been good in place of one of those dragons. Dragonites, as I mentioned, all fell easily to ice punch. Kingdra would have been much more of a challenge for someone who didn't have any dragon type attacks on any of their team members.

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Kingdra was Clair's gig. Flygon was more appropriate.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was funny
    seriously lance is a coward he needs a 10~12 boy/girl to beat team rocket he has a hacked dragonite can't he just hack more and use walk thru anything and just do everything that way?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Speaking of lance... when and where can you find him buying capes?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RegiRuler View Post
    Speaking of lance... when and where can you find him buying capes?
    He makes them.

Post Thanks / Like

10) He clearly cheats. His Dragonite in Mahogany Town is level 40, even though Dragonair evolves at level 55.
    Cheats? Obviously, my skills at raising Pokemon are vastly superior to your own--and indeed, most other mortals. Have you forgotten that my grandfather is a dragon elder?

Also, I'm not sure if you've ever been to the Safari Zone before, but it's possible to find level 15 Dragonair there, at least back in Kanto. It was difficult to catch them, but it happened.

Some trainers are just a cut above. I am such a trainer.

9) He used Hyper Beam on an unarmed, un-Pokemon-using shopkeeper in order to bully him. Hyper Beam is an energy beam that deals 150 damage before modifiers take effect. He's lucky the shopkeeper didn't die.
    Sorry, did you mean to put this on a list entitled "The top 10 reasons why Lance is an awesome person" and get mixed up? I'm the only person, as far as I know, to treat these Team Rocket thugs as they ought to be treated: with a hyper beam to the face.

Make no mistake, fellow trainer, that man was a willful participant in a criminal enterprise. That he was operating a front organization by no means absolves him of his crime.

8) He refuses, on the other hand, to use Hyper Beam on inanimate, nonsentient metal doors which are password-locked, instead running around a three-floor base to collect said passwords.
    What? I respect property! Somebody would have paid for those heavy doors, and it's likely that it was paid by the blood and sweat of innocents who were exploited or mislead by Team Rocket. It would add insult to injury were those doors to be blasted open.

7) Furthermore, while inside said base, he doesn't actually attack anyone. He just kind of runs around and battles only four people, two of whom he battles with the player in a double battle.
    Oh, I'm terribly sorry. Would you prefer if I did all the work for you, instead? How do you think you'd grow as a trainer! Sure, the League has responsibilities--but I won't live forever, and if the younger generations aren't ready to take up the mantle... well.

You kids have a lot to learn.

6) His battle techniques are a piece of shit. He simply spams Fly.
    You can't argue with results, can you? Plus, Dragonite likes to take to the air. He (or she? I forget.) does enjoy it, and I let my dragons have their fun. But then, I'm a good trainer.

5) By spamming Fly, he forces the enemy Pokemon (BOTH of them) to attack the player's Pokemon every other turn.
    AWWW, cannot get your ship out? [/Yoda]

4) He even spams Fly when his Dragonite is paralyzed, resulting in a 50% chance that he left the player's pokemon open for damage for no reason, as the paralysis forces Fly to fail.
    Well, I was kind of hoping my paralyzed Dragonite would land on those Rockets... you know, an ad hoc Body Slam? True League Champions need this kind of ingenuity: how do you think new Pokemon techniques are invented?

3) He meets Silver, the Player's Rival, and dominates him, even though he doesn't affect the events in Mahogany at all; on the flip side, he can't even handle taking on a Rocket Executive for the Player.
    Don't mistake unwillingness for inability. You want everything to be handed to you? Honestly, a 10 year old trainer speaking this way to the League Champion... if Agatha were still alive, she'd have something to say about that.

Oh, and I suppose wearing your hat backwards and not wearing socks with your shoes is haute couture?

1) Finally, he uses three (count them, THREE) Dragonites during the Player's Championship battle with him; they're all hacked (levels 49, 49, and 50); and they all have the same moveset, excluding one move. None of these different moves even receive a STAB bonus.
    Well, I wanted to give you a chance. Come back for a rematch, and I'll use my senior team. We'll see about STAB damage then, won't we?
    "You know that dragons are mythical Pokémon! They’re hard to catch and raise, but their powers are superior!" - Lance

Princess of Hoenn id peperit.

Post Thanks / Like

And I hear he's into little kids.
    SoulSilver FC: 3782 1205 0348
    Platinum FC: 2879 5571 5372

I think instead of a quote, I might just start listing the number of people whose signatures contain quotes by me. My goal is to be in ALL OF THEM.

Post Thanks / Like

I..what! Lies! Who told you that? Methinks somebody else needs a hyper beam to the face...
    "You know that dragons are mythical Pokémon! They’re hard to catch and raise, but their powers are superior!" - Lance

Princess of Hoenn id peperit.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast