Too much experience?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Too much experience?

Exclamation Too much experience?

I think Black and White are giving us too much freedom,In regards to the leveling of our pokemon.
    I mean, here I am in Mistralton City, haven't fought Sklya yet, and my team is an average of 33-35. I know Skyla's Swanna is level 35, but I haven't even foughten any of the gym trainers yet( so more leveling up). I really don't want to overpower the gym leaders for an easy win, but seriously the game made leveling up way too easy, and not difficult at all. I mean, I try not level up, but it just happens. what do you think?
    A starting coordinator...BRANDON!!!!

Sentinal of Anistar Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Too much experience?

Too much experience would mean you were rather overleveled. Throughout the game, for the first time ever, I matched everyone's levels. It wasn't too much. It was perfect.

Well then are yousaying to avoid trainers and not fight every wild Pokemon encountered? Because that is what I'm doing, and how I have my team now ^^;;

And it cannot be that I'm overleveling. Clay's Excadrill is level 31. while Skyla's Swanna is 35. That is a four level difference from the two cities, not to mention everything in between ( Bel, Route 6's trainers, Route 6's wild Pokemon, Chargestone Cave's wild Pokemon, Team Plasma, N, Chargestone Cave's Trainers, Skyla's Gym Trainers). Also, since you must pursue Sklya to Celestial Tower, ( possible Route 7 wild pokemon and trainers, and Celestial tower trainers and wild pokemon).

Tell me how you aren't going to overlevel by going through all of that?
    A starting coordinator...BRANDON!!!!

Blog Entries

Think of it this way: because the levelling of Pokemon will be the same post-game, wouldn't you think this is a very convenient way to level up your Pokemon? I mean, if you raise different Pokemon, you would definitely enjoy the younger Pokemon getting to high levels faster, which makes them learn level-up moves faster and evolve faster as well. Of course, the free Lucky Egg is quite handy too, so you can't go wrong with that. Of course, if you really want to have low levels, just keep in mind that you will want to avoid using a Lucky Egg.

Thanks for reading.
    “Detachment does not consist in setting fire to one's house, or becoming bankrupt or throwing one's fortune out of the window, or even giving away all of one's possessions. Detachment consists in refraining from letting our possessions possess us.”

Bonus articles: Improving the Ice-type (04/09/2014)

Bulbapedia Administrator Force Fire's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Pfft. You think you're overleveled. My Pokémon were at their 40s when I got to Skyla.

Team Black

Team White

Blog Entries

I didn't battle every pokemon, but a good chunk of them. And I battled every trainer. And I was still around Skyla's level.

Ooh-hoo. 8D; I did my best to avoid trainers, since the stupid wild Pokemon wouldn't leave me alone, and I couldn't afford repels until about Opelucid City. I was very much under-leveled until I reached Victory Road. OTL It's a miracle I survived!
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

I disagree...I just defeated the eighth gym and my team is at level 43's..

I heard the Elite 4 are level 50s??

By the way, I got through Drayden's team pretty easily. Looking back, I think the gym leaders should have more than 3 Pokemon to make it more challenging. I remember going up against that electric gym leader..Wattson? It was heck.

Fear my Bulbamander! ultralucario64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frugrow View Post
    I disagree...I just defeated the eighth gym and my team is at level 43's..

I heard the Elite 4 are level 50s??

By the way, I got through Drayden's team pretty easily. Looking back, I think the gym leaders should have more than 3 Pokemon to make it more challenging. I remember going up against that electric gym leader..Wattson? It was heck.

The highest levels in the E4 are in the 40s, but i suggest training
    your pokemon to atleast Lv. 60, or else you'll regret it.... i still have nightmares every day just thinking about it.... ._.
    lucario or zoroark, i dont know which one is better....

Blog Entries

In all honesty, none of my pokemon were higher than 52 or so when I finally made it to Ghetsis. No one topped 50 with the league. I simply managed to hold my own with my team and pray I got lucky.

Blog Entries

Follow gallowsCalibrator on Tumblr

I reckon the new experience system is the best update made in BW. It actually makes it alot easier to maintain an average level through the main story.
    My team was Lv. 55ish when I fought Ghetsis.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakeshi View Post
    In all honesty, none of my pokemon were higher than 52 or so when I finally made it to Ghetsis. No one topped 50 with the league. I simply managed to hold my own with my team and pray I got lucky.
    I'm there with Ryuu

YouTube|Breeding Service
    Pokemon FireRed Let's Play with episodes released every weekday at the Youtube link

Blog Entries

Follow Ein on Tumblr

Well I'm still really under levelled, but my team has been going through many changes, trying to decide which pokemon would be good for my team and whatnot. But thank god for the Lucky Egg and Audinos.

My highest member of my team, Simon is level 50, but my lowest, Meema is level 41. The others are around the 47 mark.
    White FC: Blair 4126 8383 6387

My claims: Joltik, Run Away, Snag Ball, Luck Incense, Shadow Rush.

Really? My team was only level 44 when I started battling the elite 4. I also switched my team around a bunch, though.
    Grape is the best flavor and you know it.

Blog Entries
    Follow hurristat On Twitter
    Follow hurristat on Tumblr

I've gone through the game under-leveled and I'm fine. So, no, not too much experience. Trust me, you'll want it come post-E4.

content reblog tumblr | dumb reblog tumblr | if youre able to figure out like seven or eight of these characters than we are going to be friends.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast