Thoughts on Team Galaxy [spoilers] - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Team Galaxy [spoilers]

I could see it now....
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Akeji: Well, you beat me kid. I guess I should just move on...

Hero:.......

Akjei: You got alot of nerve! *shoots hero* Hahaha! Now no one can stop me!

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thinking about it, I realized the motive sounded familiar. There's an OC in an original story I have that has the exact same motive. She's even done it before, but not to her satisfaction.

So now everyone's going to think I got it from Pokémon. Figures.

Blog Entries

An interesting fact is that Admin Saturn (the male one out of the three) does not leave Tengan Mountain after the awakened god is quelled. In fact, only Admins Jupiter and Mars flee from the scene alongside Leader Akagi. The rest of the team, being clueless, is still there.

Not only does Akagi not change his ways, Saturn decides to replace him as leader for until and if he returns. This is very reminiscent of Team Rocket (in the original games they remained put in their Celadon base without acknowledging the disbandment; in the remakes they move onto Sevii Islands, denying the disbandment for as long as the executives do not face Red, at which point the male executive decides to replace Giovanni and disappears with the others).

I sincerely hope that all of this is resolved in the third game, as there is no reason to continue it outside this generation, when Team Magma and Team Aqua did not make it to Shin'ou. While it is true that Team Galaxy's superiors are not blind, but rather insane, their goals cannot be fulfilled outside Shin'ou.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhen Lin View Post
    Finally, I would like to comment on the fact that some of the grunts are given... L.30+ Wurmple, Cascoon/Silcoon and Dustox/Beautifly.
    The Wurmple line parallels Team Rocket's Ratatta and Team Magma/Aqua's Poochyena. It could be that they replace the Bippa line so as to follow the first Shin'ou Elite Four member, who uses Beautifly and Dustox, as Hoenn's Sidney uses Mightyena.

(On the other hand, the skunks and the cats are annoying, the fat one especially - it seems to have a huge amount of HP.)
    The skunks and the cats are to Team Galaxy as the Numel and Carvanha lines are to Team Magma and Team Aqua, respectively. The four lines have roughly the same total base stats.

All of Bunyatto's defensive stats are particularly mediocre.

Well, I have often thought of these teams as silly but surrealistic reflections of the real world's criminal and terror organisations. Team Rocket is somewhat like an underground organised crime ring, with real, live Pokémon being the "wares" they deal in, while Teams Magma/Aqua are similar to religion-linked terrorist organisations - I often see parallels between the role of Groudon and Kyogre (often referred to as "Gods") and how they are (ab)used by Team Magma/Aqua with religious extremist organisations. Team Galaxy sounds to me like it's a stylised parallel to the traditional violent terror organisation, which strives to achieve it's goals of political change by use of violent means. The only possible difference is that most of Team Galaxy's members have no clue to their organisation's goals. As for Teams Ciper and Snagem, I don't know much about them, so I reserve my comments.

One common running theme is that their lower-ranking members seem brainwashed into either helping their higher-ups achieve their goals, even if they get little or no real benifits, and in Team Galaxy's case, even if they know nothing about it's goals and - as in Team Magma/Aqua's case - even if their goal can't possibily be good to them if they looked at it with a logical mind.

As for Teams Ciper and Snagem, I don't know much about them, so I reserve my comments.
    Team Snagem is pretty much presented as a petty street-gang only with Pokemon instead of brass knuckles.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    This is the kind of thing Pokémon's needed for a long time: real, insane villains who pose a *real* threat instead of some ecoterrorists who want to flood/dry up the earth or some stuff like that, or a blatant Mafia mockup.
    Why don't we lay off Team Rocket for a second? Please?

But wow... Pokemon might actually have a decent *story* for once. Pretty deep stuff.

As to your concerns, Al, the worst that can happen to the game is it gets the new E10+. Which I've foreseen happening to Pokemon for some time now. Although NOA may not want the ESRB to do that...
    LJ~dA~R100~YT~Twitter~Facebook~Last.fm~Tumblr~Glacidia Network

A bitch lives as free as a bird that can never be caught. I'm a bitch. I'll crush anyone that stands in my way! And I do what the hell I want!

As to your concerns, Al, the worst that can happen to the game is it gets the new E10+. Which I've foreseen happening to Pokemon for some time now. Although NOA may not want the ESRB to do that...
    Considering that 10 is about the correct reading age for one to actually be able to play the games and understand everything, I don't see that much of a problem with it.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Blog Entries

Well, considering they made that so there would be something between E and T, it's interesting to think of the editing they'd probably be forced to do before now to assure an E rating. A Teen rating would really screw most of Pokemon's core demo...

I hope they don't water it down.
    LJ~dA~R100~YT~Twitter~Facebook~Last.fm~Tumblr~Glacidia Network

A bitch lives as free as a bird that can never be caught. I'm a bitch. I'll crush anyone that stands in my way! And I do what the hell I want!

This can get away with E.

I've seen far more E games with worse stuff then this.

Team Snag'em always gave me the impression that they're a band of theives who steal anything (including Pokemon) who happened to form a partnership with Cipher in Colosseum.

Cipher is basically like Team Rocket since they have world domination on the brain as well,except they specifically use Shadow Pokemon to achieve their goals.Which is pretty damn evil,since they take ordinary Pokemon and physically change their original Type into a Shadow Type.Not just evil,but cheap and effective too.All Shadow Type attacks are super-effective against every other type.

And I think Aqua and Magma don't get enough credit.They were fanatical nutjobs who honestly believed what they were doing would benefit mankind.I thought it was a nice change of pace from the usual take over the world/galaxy/universe stuff.Ruby and Sapphire sort of half-assed the story,it was Emerald that had the fully realized Aqua/Magma plot where we actually get to see Groudon and Kyogre battle against one another and the consequences of each teams' actions.This is where Aqua and Magma simply giving up is more believable,since everything that happened during Groudon and Kyogre's fight scared the sh*t out of them.

As for Team Galaxy,what they're trying to do technically isn't anything new,but it's definitely a step up for the Pokemon games.This is a heck of a lot more story than what we're normally used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    You know what I'd like for the fifth evil team? Base it on the PokeSpe Version of the Elite 4/PETA. A bunch of crazy nutjobs who want to use a Legendary Pokemon to wipe out all of humanity so Pokemon will no longer have to be "slaves to humans". I would sincerely enjoy beating the crap out of such an organization.

Or we could go the other way.An organization who believe Pokemon are too powerful,dangerous,and potentially threaten human existence.Similar to the mutant-hating humans in the Marvel universe.

You are [not] a Pokemon.

So, is this guy the leader?

http://4.bulbagarden.net/graphics/trfgra/172.png

Or is it a different sprite?

φιλομαθής Zhen Lin's Avatar Vice-Webmaster

Yeah, that's the one.

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nomekop Oen View Post
    And I think Aqua and Magma don't get enough credit.They were fanatical nutjobs who honestly believed what they were doing would benefit mankind.
    No, they thought what they did would benefit Poké-kind. They didn't give a shit about mankind.

Goronda Type Vice-Webmaster Evil Figment's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

Aqua, I can sort of see how their plan would have benefitted water pokémon.

Magma? Benefit anybody? LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka and Hurristat
    He's an evil director / He'll give out infractions / Do something wrong / And he takes direct actions
    Then what'll he do?/ He'll permaban you / You find your name slashed / With a message, 'Adieu'
    Sooooo...watch out!
    "It is said that the federal government, if it was in charge of the Sahara, would run out of sand in five years. Private enterprise, being more efficient, would do it in half the time - and they'd make money off the bridges." - me.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton's last letter. Rest in peace, Jack.

So the leader of Team Galaxy is Akutsu from Prince of Tennis.

Awesome.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast