Thoughts on Team Galaxy [spoilers]

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Team Galaxy [spoilers]

φιλομαθής Zhen Lin's Avatar Vice-Webmaster

Default Thoughts on Team Galaxy [spoilers]

The first thing you notice is that the grunts have absolutely no idea what the goals of Team Galaxy are but will do everything to stop you stopping them.

The next thing, of course, is the megalomania of the leader. The goal of Team Galaxy is thus: to destroy the known universe, and create it anew with himself as a god.

The goals of the antagonists get more and more surreal... what's next? I'm not sure you can really top that level of insanity.

Finally, I would like to comment on the fact that some of the grunts are given... L.30+ Wurmple, Cascoon/Silcoon and Dustox/Beautifly. How utterly ridiculous. (On the other hand, the skunks and the cats are annoying, the fat one especially - it seems to have a huge amount of HP.)

Doesn't one Team Galaxy Grunt try to blow up Shirona's Grandma's Hometown?

Their certainly more violent.

φιλομαθής Zhen Lin's Avatar Vice-Webmaster

Forget blow up the shrine, they blew up a whole lake and left lots of Magikarp flailing about in puddles!

Blog Entries

It'll definately be difficult to top these nutcases. I wonder if NoA will have a spine and keep it all in tact. I'm sure the Soccer Moms will notice the leader wants to be a god.

I feel like Poomo tonight.

Merciless Goddess Misty's Avatar Retired Staff
    Trophies

Quote Originally Posted by Zhen Lin View Post
    The next thing, of course, is the megalomania of the leader. The goal of Team Galaxy is thus: to destroy the known universe, and create it anew with himself as a god.
    Estuans interius, ira vehementi... x)

But seriously, it's cliche, but it's a lot more believable than Team Aqua and Magma...

Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

Regarding Team Galaxy's admins, I'm begging for confirmation. Are there just three (Saturn, Jupiter, Mars) or it there an admin named Venus as well?

I was told the Bulbapedia was mistaken, and I really need to know if there is or not, beyond a shred of doubt.

*figured asking here was better than making a new thread*

Quote Originally Posted by Zhen Lin
    You know he's going to see the error of his ways once you defeat him though. <.< They all do. I want a boss that severely in denial about his plans for world domination/destruction/landscaping and willing to commit himself to the bitter end. Even if that end requires legal counsel and a straight jacket.
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

Blog Entries

He could wind up killing himself in his goal but then the Soccer Mom's would really throw a fit.

I feel like Poomo tonight.

So your standard Final Fantasy villain then, eh? That's new for Pokemon, anyways.

You know what I'd like for the fifth evil team? Base it on the PokeSpe Version of the Elite 4/PETA. A bunch of crazy nutjobs who want to use a Legendary Pokemon to wipe out all of humanity so Pokemon will no longer have to be "slaves to humans". I would sincerely enjoy beating the crap out of such an organization.

Er, anyways - this plot is going to rock in PokeSpe, as long as they aren't forced to drag it out to ridiculous length. They need to start doing Yellow-Esque filler sagas rather than having to extend every story to three years.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

when you need more, have+ bell02+'s Avatar

The first thing you notice is that the grunts have absolutely no idea what the goals of Team Galaxy are but will do everything to stop you stopping them.

The goals of the antagonists get more and more surreal... what's next? I'm not sure you can really top that level of insanity.
    I'll take you up on that comment:

Gen 5 evil leader wants to consume Aruseus and other legendaries to become a god only to find out that his main pokemon has been manipulating him the whole time so it can become human and recreate the world to be nothing but dunsparce.

Team Dunsparce Dinner?
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

It will be Team Commie, with Korobooshi.

The Dude Abides

Let's see.
    They've done ecological terrorists, the Mafia, and and demented cult lead by maniac.
    My guess is either wacko religious extremists, or a drug organization.
    :D
    There doesn't seem to be any coherent answer as to exactly what Team Galaxy does within the game, and how many admins there are. Would someone care to enlighten me?

when you need more, have+ bell02+'s Avatar

Well... Colosseum's and XD's villians were like drug lords with the dark pokemon :p

That's some serios bizness. 8D Does this guy have a name?

I'll be quite sad if they somehow alter that goal in the NA version...

Merciless Goddess Misty's Avatar Retired Staff
    Trophies

Also -- games have easily topped that sort of thing many, many times since the SNES era. The only question becomes whether they can do it and still keep their E rating X)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast