Those who Stand Alone - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Those who Stand Alone

PS Kanto wasn't destroyed it was placed 3 years later, time changes, so does the surroundings.
    Convient as to how time changed to drastically shrink the maps of all the areas. I wasn't aware that a province could shrink by a third in a span of three years.

Sorry if it wasn't RBY all over again, but I found it very interesting to see what 3 years did to the not only the lands but the people who lived there as well. Indigo was fine as it was in the game, if you wanted to see the whole game as is play RBY, but a brief glance at what happens to it over the years was awesome.
    Sounds like something that belongs more in an anime or manga than the games to me.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

So, instead of focusing on a entirely new Region (which Shinou is HUGE) they should cut that in half by rehashing an old region and removing all the good stuff?

P-P-P-P-PHAILED!

Whatever you can come up with all the counter active excuses all you want, point blank they got lazier as the series went on...the DS cart can hold WAY more than what is in there so I don't want to hear "it can't fit" going through Hoenn, Johto, and Kanto again while limited would have been fun and cool.

Whatever you can come up with all the counter active excuses all you want, point blank they got lazier as the series went on...the DS cart can hold WAY more than what is in there so I don't want to hear "it can't fit" going through Hoenn, Johto, and Kanto again while limited would have been fun and cool.
    It's not a matter of space, its a matter of time. It takes time enough to develop a new region and a new Pokemon. Reprogramming 4 old regions (counting Sevii Islands) would've extended development time immensely, unless they were seriously trunicated. Maybe they could do it some day if they don't have anymore regions to develop, but its just not on a realistic time-table with new, more important content to be added to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Habunake NEOS View Post
    Wi-Fi >>>> Everything.
    You do not know a great deal about Crystal's Mobile Adapter, do you?

If to keep it short, Crystal had all of Diamond and Pearl's online connectivity features, obviously barring Double/Tag Battles and the ability to talk. Unfortunately, the Generation III additions (which were in part meant to fill the void of online communication) were not translated to WiFi come Diamond and Pearl (remaining local wireless).

WiFi is, in fact, only the means to allow fairly accessible online communication without further charges, unlike the Mobile Adapter (hence why it was eventually dispensed in Japan and never saw the light outside it). It is also different in that it defines Generation IV from the get-go.

But in spite of these two major advantages, anyone who actually knows about the Mobile Adapter would not use WiFi as a trump card that grants Diamond and Pearl some sort of immunity in other departments.

So, instead of focusing on a entirely new Region (which Shinou is HUGE) they should cut that in half by rehashing an old region and removing all the good stuff?
    I am not positively certain that the in-game Shin'ou is as huge as the official artwork would lead us to believe. The fact of the matter is that the number of towns is not greater than that of Hoenn (14); the Champion's Pokémon roughly correspond to those of the RGBY Champion (they were each reduced two levels for FireRed and LeafGreen's initial stage). It could be that the vastness of the main island is only felt in the game through the number of tiles (leaving aside that every region as in the map, is not completely covered within the respective games).

Otherwise, I would rather reserve my judgment for when I am absolutely certain that others have completed the game. The post-Elite Four challenges are unclear at this point in time (I would certainly like to know how many days it took to track down Red after Gold and Silver's release).

(I would certainly like to know how many days it took to track down Red after Gold and Silver's release).
    Two for me. I was incredibly bored. So much so that I never even bothered to actually challenge Red.

I dunno, D/P seems pretty big to me, the routes and towns are alot larger then those of the past.

I'd rather have a longer wait with a better production value and effort than a shaddy push out the door cut and paste money maker.

look at how long the new Zelda has been in development for since 2003, and that game looks amazing, and they delayed it 2 times to polish it.

And it took me maybe 2 weeks to get to Red, I remember taking my time and enjoying G/S plus I had school and foobtall.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    Two for me. I was incredibly bored. So much so that I never even bothered to actually challenge Red.
    And by which means did you receive your Japanese version on November 21st, 1999?

Quote Originally Posted by Habunake NEOS
    I dunno, D/P seems pretty big to me, the routes and towns are alot larger then those of the past.
    Up till the Elite Four, Shin'ou is essentially Kanto with the required cosmetics, giving it Hoenn's number of towns (it is unarguably vast, but tiles do not determine the number of available Pokémon and levels of trainer Pokémon). The rest, I hope, has yet to be fully explored.
    Last edited by Silktree; 4th October 2006 at 03:35 PM.

You should actually play Diamond and Pearl before you judge it. And we had a longer wait from RS to DP, then we did from RB to GS.

Seriously Justin, your like the Anit-Poke Christ when it comes to anything other then GS or Kanto Anime.

And by which means did you receive your Japanese version on November 21st, 1999?
    Erm, no. I meant that it took me two days after completing Silver's Elite 4 to reach Red. Relative time and all that. It took me about a week and a half to get to the Elite 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    Erm, no. I meant that it took me two days after completing Silver's Elite 4 to reach Red. Relative time and all that. It took me about a week and a half to get to the Elite 4.
    I knew what you meant; your answer was irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaster Justin View Post
    I'd rather have a longer wait with a better production value and effort than a shaddy push out the door cut and paste money maker.
    So, wait, wait, wait. Completely new region in and of itself, unoriginal. Including a PREVIOUS region that's been explored countless times, original. New = unoriginal. Old = original. New = UNoriginal. Old = original. Am I right so far?

Especially since the only region that they would "add" in would be Johto most likely, and we will probably have a remake of that soon enough.

Yup, who cares about new stuff, Conservatives like Justin need the old voices, old Pokemon, old episodes, and old regions!

Quote Originally Posted by GrnMarvl13 View Post
    So, wait, wait, wait. Completely new region in and of itself, unoriginal. Including a PREVIOUS region that's been explored countless times, original. New = unoriginal. Old = original. New = UNoriginal. Old = original. Am I right so far?
    No because your putting words in my mouth. I said I wanted a mix of the two.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast