Things You Hate About New Generations Approaching - Page 8

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree454Likes

Thread: Things You Hate About New Generations Approaching

Blog Entries

Default Re: Things You Hate About New Generations Approaching

Quote Originally Posted by Reila View Post
    I hate how people is already talking bad things about Generation V just because VI was announced.
    Example: Everyone loved Reshiram and/or Zekrom. Now they aren't awesome anymore just because Xerneas and Yveltal were revealed.

I think it was more of a "I initially liked Xerneas and Yveltal more than I did of Reshiram and Zekrom when they were revealed", though. At least that's how I understood it.

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate

"Game Freak is running out of ideas! Snowflakes, ice cream cones, candles, garbage bags..."

Well, that may be so, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if we find a few little Pokémon gems among all the junk.

Seriously, what I dislike most (and I'm surprised no one else has mentioned it) is the speculation of what the starter evos are going to look like, and more specifically (trying to be as tactful as I can), the "Rule 34" speculation that instantly sprung up on DA, FA, ...
    97SaturnSL1 likes this.
    "My trainer is different from other trainers. My trainer is in the bottom percentage of trainers. Okay bye." - Pikachu
    Claimed 24/11/2012
    Are you a Pokéfur? If so, come to http://www.pokefurs.net !

Nyx

Quote Originally Posted by ルカリオ View Post
    "Game Freak is running out of ideas! Snowflakes, ice cream cones, candles, garbage bags..."

Well, that may be so, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if we find a few little Pokémon gems among all the junk.

Seriously, what I dislike most (and I'm surprised no one else has mentioned it) is the speculation of what the starter evos are going to look like, and more specifically (trying to be as tactful as I can), the "Rule 34" speculation that instantly sprung up on DA, FA, ...
    Every time I google a pokemon's name those images come up, it's disgusting. Isn't that borderline bestiality?

Blog Entries

One thing I always cringe at the thought of when a new generation is announced, is the inevitable complaints of "These new Pokemon are ugly. Their designs are terrible.", and then go on to cite that Generation 1 and 2 have always had the best Pokemon designs. I swear this has been happening ever since the days of Generation 3, and it bothers me every time. It's like people have this kind of expectation upheld from at least Gen 2, and it's the kind of thing that really should be dropped, because whether people will like it or not, the franchise is always going to evolve, and always going to introduce new Pokemon species with every new generation. And then, when the new games are actually released, people then start to get used to the new Pokemon and stop complaining about them, or at least don't make it quite as vocal. So then it is like, what's the point of complaining in the first place?

I like Gen 1 and 2 as much as the next guy. Heck, I love Generation 1 to death. But I don't let the earlier generations dictate my thoughts and opinions of the later Generations, nor do I cling too strongly to my nostalgia of those generations. I admit that Gen 3 isn't really my favorite, but I don't outright hate it either.
    The_Doctor and Owain like this.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Warrior View Post
    ...the "Rule 34" speculation that instantly sprung up on DA, FA, ...
    Every time I google a pokemon's name those images come up, it's disgusting. Isn't that borderline bestiality?
    Not sure about the bestiality part, but I agree it's revolting, and quite honestly, paints Pokémon fans in a bad light.
    "My trainer is different from other trainers. My trainer is in the bottom percentage of trainers. Okay bye." - Pikachu
    Claimed 24/11/2012
    Are you a Pokéfur? If so, come to http://www.pokefurs.net !

Add Chiss on Facebook

I hate how people is already talking bad things about Generation V just because VI was announced.
    Example: Everyone loved Reshiram and/or Zekrom. Now they aren't awesome anymore just because Xerneas and Yveltal were revealed.

I actually was kind of annoyed with Reshiram and Zekrom from the day I got the game. Too many people wanting lvl 9 Zekroms for their Patrat. Xerneas and Yveltal look a lot more fresh in design, too.
    What I really hate about new releases is when people bash other people for disliking any small thing about the game...

People having a go at anyone who dares !! yes dares to suggest GameFreak are running out of ideas, in generation 5 there were pokemon based on lamps, candles, garbage/rubbish bags, ice cream cones, snow flakes, coffins, mushrooms,metal gears this would suggest to me there running out of ideas a wee bit and its a very resonable opinon but of of course no one is allowed to suggest this.

What do you mean no one is allowed to suggest this. There are many posts on every Pokemon message board by people complaining that GF is running out of ideas. You are clearly allowed to rant if that is your opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dragondisaster View Post
    People having a go at anyone who dares !! yes dares to suggest GameFreak are running out of ideas, in generation 5 there were pokemon based on lamps, candles, garbage/rubbish bags, ice cream cones, snow flakes, coffins, mushrooms,metal gears this would suggest to me there running out of ideas a wee bit and its a very resonable opinon but of of course no one is allowed to suggest this.

What do you mean no one is allowed to suggest this. There are many posts on every Pokemon message board by people complaining that GF is running out of ideas. You are clearly allowed to rant if that is your opinion.
    I'm not too quite sure what you're saying exactly, but here are my thoughts,

If you ask me, I don't think they are running out of ideas. If we were to get hundreds of mice, bats, rabbits, goldfish and such, rather than other, different things, then I would say that GF is running out of ideas. In fact, I would say that they have plenty, especially if they take an inanimate object and turn it into a living creature. It actually explores their creativity process a little more, and I find it more creative than the millions of fakemon out there, personally. Of course, this is just my humble opinion. And besides, the earlier generations had plenty of Pokemon that would fit the category. Grimer is based on a pile of sludge, and Elekid is a living plug, for instance.

Now, I'm not trying to argue or rant. I'm civilly debating that.
    Reila, Ange and Owain like this.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Blog Entries

There is no point in suggesting that GF is running out of ideas, because that is not true at all. There is no problem with Pokémon based on lamps, candles, garbage, ice cream, mushroom. We have this kind of Pokémon since Generation I: Voltorb/Electrode (Poké Balls), Grimer/Muk (Sludge), Magnemite/Magneton (Magnets), Parasect (mushroom... kinda), Geodude/Graveler/Golem (rocks), Koffing/Weezing (naval mine/wtf), Chansey (wtf), Ditto (blob/smiley face), etc. If you really think GF is running out of ideas, you clearly don't pay much attention to this franchise or you don't know the first 151 Pokémon/never played the original games.

Making/believing theories and then they all turn out wrong.

On a side note, I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this but I think the Eeveelutions are supposed to be released in a pattern, every 2 generations, starting with 2. (Gen 1, 2, 4, (6?)) Idk I just always figured that.

There is no point in suggesting that GF is running out of ideas, because that is not true at all. There is no problem with Pokémon based on lamps, candles, garbage, ice cream, mushroom. We have this kind of Pokémon since Generation I: Voltorb/Electrode (Poké Balls), Grimer/Muk (Sludge), Magnemite/Magneton (Magnets), Parasect (mushroom... kinda), Geodude/Graveler/Golem (rocks), Koffing/Weezing (naval mine/wtf), Chansey (wtf), Ditto (blob/smiley face), etc. If you really think GF is running out of ideas, you clearly don't pay much attention to this franchise or you don't know the first 151 Pokémon/never played the original games.
    Actually I don't think Game Freak is running out of ideas. I am merely replying to a post in which the poster believed he/she was totally alienated for suggesting that GF has run out of ideas, when that is a very common comment on Pokemon message boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Warrior View Post

I have no idea what rule 34 is, seriously, no clue.

I hate the long waits, the whining about the new designs and the farfetch'ed theories some people post on the internet.
    Last edited by Jungleluke; 14th January 2013 at 02:02 PM.

Nice weather we're having SirOni's Avatar
    Blog Entries

R34 is inevitable as we all know. Especially for the fan favorites and the cooler Pokemon when they are released (poor Fennekin). We can spread the word around about how that kind of thing only exists because of a tiny section of the fandom, but at times the association is too strong and it just hurts everyone. It's the same for most huge fandoms (I don't think the bronies or the Sonic fans will ever live it down).

Quote Originally Posted by Jungleluke View Post
    So if my guess is right let me be the first to welcome you to the internet!
    Last edited by SirOni; 14th January 2013 at 03:04 PM.
    Caro: 0774-4484-9102

IGN: Antonio

URPG:http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f401/cerony-urpg-66373/

Berry Incinerator Heatmor C. Dawson's Avatar

Sonic has that problem as well. But it is foolish to argue with the Rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerony View Post
    R34 is inevitable as we all know. Especially for the fan favorites and the cooler Pokemon when they are released (poor Fennekin). We can spread the word around about how that kind of thing only exists because of a tiny section of the fandom, but at times the association is too strong and it just hurts everyone. It's the same for most huge fandoms (I don't think the bronies or the Sonic fans will ever live it down).

Quote Originally Posted by Jungleluke View Post
    So if my guess is right let me be the first to welcome you to the internet!
    Sooo, sexualizing mons or something?

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast