Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Things You Hate About New Generations Approaching

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Things You Hate About New Generations Approaching

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Edge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Whenever a new generation is coming, discussions of a new type always comes up. While some people have intelligent for and against discussions about it, others downright dismiss it and saying it's either "stupid", "unnecessary", "too complicated" or the like.

I find those people annoying, cause they're kind of like those people who whine about the new designs without actually giving the Pokemon a chance. I find it rather judgmental, and in some cases a bit ignorant.
    Are you saying that you don't act like that?
    What?

Maybe it wasn't clear, but I was saying that I find it annoying when people think that the idea of introducing a new type is "stupid" or "unnecessary" without giving any kind of argument on why they think that. Besides, to those people who think it would be "too complicated", I'm sure it won't. If Game Freak or Nintendo want to introduce a new type or two, they would make it work.
    Okay,

We have the right to to think logical and devise logical for ourselves standards. But by doing that we use to also check the logic of other people, if our purpose is to agree with them. They post to find others who will agree with them. So for me to agree with them, they have to work with my logic, or else I'm gonna tell them why do I not agree with them. That's what you describe as wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by LadySasaki View Post
    My choice of thing I hate most about an approaching new gen? Whiny fans. I'm really, really looking forward to the usual 'EW! this is SO unoriginal! all new pokemon SUCK! Gf are running out of ideas!' bawlfest which so many seem to take it upon themselves to troll the rest of us with once a generation. And of course the always popular 'these new games are going to be SHIT and I stopped liking pokemon 5 years ago but I'm gonna buy them anyway just so I can whinge about how Nintendo are taking my money' highlight. I never even know what to say to that last one, but I can't count how many times I saw people expressing that sentiment on Serebii forums. Just...what. Why would you? Why, for the love of Yveltal, just why? And can I have your money, since you clearly have too much of it and not enough brains to go with it?

I don't mean to be negative because the whole experience of a new generation unfurling is a wonderful, beautiful thing. But as with everything else there are always gonna be bratty dunderheads who try to spoil our collective moment of fangirl/boy joy.
    I never said those things, so I wonder why do you adress them to me. Also you could've noticed that two other posters have already pointed it out for me. I guess you're really careless and/or in a bad mood when you take it out on me, since I am one of the most active posters in this section.

Worldwide release is confirmed, but it's the first time, so I had a reason to not know that. On a side note, first times are usually feeble so we shouldn't be so overconfident.
    Okay. See the first sentence of that big chunk of text you quoted? Clearly separated from my first section of text which replies to you? Where I begin by saying 'my choice of thing I hate most about an approaching new gen?' Please explain to me how you can in any earthly way interpret that as aimed at you and not at answering the OP's title of the thread in general.

I guess you're really careless or maybe don't know how discussion threads work? Weird considering you're such an 'active poster' (and what does that have to do with anything!?) Pls don't be taking your insecurities out on me, yo.

Everyone may not be so up-to-date when it comes to information, even if you may think it's one of the most obvious things in the world. No need to mock people about it.
    Was not mocking, twas joking, Seriously though, I'm just amazed that anyone could be on an XY discussion thread and not know. At this point it's like not knowing the starter's names or that the games are going to be in 3D. It was announced at the same time as the games & it's kind of hard to miss unless you've been living under a Geodude or do not have internet access.
    Last edited by LadySasaki; 21st March 2013 at 08:50 PM.

I breed egg move pokes & DW females.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

My choice of thing I hate most about an approaching new gen? Whiny fans. I'm really, really looking forward to the usual 'EW! this is SO unoriginal! all new pokemon SUCK! Gf are running out of ideas!' bawlfest which so many seem to take it upon themselves to troll the rest of us with once a generation. And of course the always popular 'these new games are going to be SHIT and I stopped liking pokemon 5 years ago but I'm gonna buy them anyway just so I can whinge about how Nintendo are taking my money' highlight. I never even know what to say to that last one, but I can't count how many times I saw people expressing that sentiment on Serebii forums. Just...what. Why would you? Why, for the love of Yveltal, just why? And can I have your money, since you clearly have too much of it and not enough brains to go with it?

I don't mean to be negative because the whole experience of a new generation unfurling is a wonderful, beautiful thing. But as with everything else there are always gonna be bratty dunderheads who try to spoil our collective moment of fangirl/boy joy.
    I never said those things, so I wonder why do you adress them to me. Also you could've noticed that two other posters have already pointed it out for me. I guess you're really careless and/or in a bad mood when you take it out on me, since I am one of the most active posters in this section.

Worldwide release is confirmed, but it's the first time, so I had a reason to not know that. On a side note, first times are usually feeble so we shouldn't be so overconfident.
    Okay. See the first sentence of that big chunk of text you quoted? Clearly separated from my first section of text which replies to you? Where I begin by saying 'my choice of thing I hate most about an approaching new gen?' Please explain to me how you can in any earthly way interpret that as aimed at you and not at answering the OP's title of the thread in general.

I guess you're really careless or maybe don't know how discussion threads work? Weird considering you're such an 'active poster'.

Everyone may not be so up-to-date when it comes to information, even if you may think it's one of the most obvious things in the world. No need to mock people about it.
    Was not mocking, was merely amazed that anyone could be on an XY discussion thread and not know. At this point it's like not knowing the starter's names or that the games are going to be in 3D. It was announced at the same time as the games it's kind of hard to miss unless you've been living under a Geodude or do not have internet access.
    I will then explain, though I'd much rather not continue this..
    You didn't state anywhere that you're not talking to me either. And saying things that aren't motivated by anything you actually saw there I can wonder why do you do that, if not to take it out on me.

You're arrogant and ignorant, it's like you blame other people for not paying for and browsing internet like you do.

I guess you're really careless or maybe don't know how discussion threads work? Weird considering you're such an 'active poster'.

Was not mocking, was merely amazed that anyone could be on an XY discussion thread and not know. At this point it's like not knowing the starter's names or that the games are going to be in 3D. It was announced at the same time as the games it's kind of hard to miss unless you've been living under a Geodude or do not have internet access.
    Sure I will explain, though I'd much rather not continue this..
    You didn't state anywhere that you're not talking to me either. And saying things that aren't motivated by anything you actually saw there I can wonder why do you do that, if not to take it out on me.

You're arrogant and ignorant, it's like you blame other people for not paying for and browsing internet like you do.
    So you just assume I was, rather than assume that I was replying to the OP like every other single post on this thread despite my very obvious paragraph break and opening line? This is clearly your problem, hon, not mine.

I did not blame you for anything. I simply established my astonishment that anyone could be on a specific discussion thread for a set of games and not know something very basic about them. I'm very sorry if you find logic to be arrogant and ignorant. I suggest you learn to take internet humour (tip - facepalms are not usually meant to be taken maliciously) a little less personally, or you're going to find everything, everywhere very offensive to you.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

So you just assume I was, rather than assume that I was replying to the OP like every other single post on this thread despite my very obvious paragraph break and opening line? This is clearly your problem, hon, not mine.
    Hey, now You didn't notice how I separated my second sentence too. Because in that other sentence I wasn't reffering to you refferring to me, but to you reffering to everybody.
    That kind of thing can be done all the time and it doesn't justify you. If you really didn't want to attack anybody, then you should not write those things.

I did not blame you for anything. I simply established my astonishment that anyone could be on a specific discussion thread for a set of games and not know something very basic about them. I'm very sorry if you find logic to be arrogant and ignorant. I suggest you learn to take internet humour (tip - facepalms are not usually meant to be taken maliciously) a little less personally, or you're going to find everything, everywhere very offensive to you.
    You're saying that if you call someone stupid in a funny way then it won't count.

Hey, now You didn't notice how I separated my second sentence too. Because in that other sentence I wasn't reffering to you refferring to me, but to you reffering to everybody.
    That kind of thing can be done all the time and it doesn't justify you. If you really didn't want to attack anybody, then you should not write those things.

You're saying that if you call someone stupid in a funny way then it won't count.
    Really? We're still on this? Okay.

Right. If I don't want to 'attack' anybody? Whom do you believe I was attacking? My post was a statement about what I don't like about new generations approaching. Like everyone else on this thread. It's kind of the point of this thread. Implied by its title. Oh my god, how are you not getting this?

Please point out where and when I called you stupid and I will apologise. Except I didn't. I made a lightearted jab at you then moved on, which you seem unable to do. You were the one who brought insult slinging into the discussion by calling me 'arrogant and ignorant' simply for pointing out your mistake, and as a result have clearly proved yourself too immature to carry a conversation without resorting to unnecessary non sequitors.

Just to stay on topic (and no this henceforth isn't aimed at infinity edge, just as a disclaimer), something I equally abhor and adore about the emergence of a new gen is the inevitable fake scans which pop up. Some of them are obvious fakemon, but there are the rare times where we're sitting around in agonised speculation over whether we want them to be real or not, and are just about getting our hopes up when they're disproved.

Blog Entries

I hate it when people discuss new types.

Happens every. Fricking. Generation. And will likely never stop because people actually think that Pokemon needs new types to become interesting or solve issues.

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." -George S. Patton
    Arceus is a false god. Only science knows the true answer.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Implied by its title. Oh my god, how are you not getting this?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post

Happens every. Fricking. Generation. And will likely never stop because people actually think that Pokemon needs new types to become interesting or solve issues.
    Thank you! My gosh, it's like I'm the only one who doesn't want new types! I don't see why we need them. Or how something like "light, sound, or fairy" would even work against they types we have.

Electrifyingly Adorable Sakuraa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Team Gaara View Post

Thank you! My gosh, it's like I'm the only one who doesn't want new types! I don't see why we need them. Or how something like "light, sound, or fairy" would even work against they types we have.
    I agree with you both. I've already discussed how I don't see any reasons on why new types should exisit when the type chart seem totally balanced.

In addition, I also hate all the fakes and rumors that pop up all the time; especially during time coro is about to leak.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Gaara View Post

I agree with you both. I've already discussed how I don't see any reasons on why new types should exisit when the type chart seem totally balanced.

In addition, I also hate all the fakes and rumors that pop up all the time; especially during time coro is about to leak.
    I can't agree more with this. I don't hate fake's, but I hate it when people say things like: 'This one is much cooler than *insert random mon*!, they should implement it!'' . -.-

Blog Entries

What's happening right now. Info droughts. The torturous hype cycle of being baited with the smallest bit of new info, speculating about said info until it just dries up, but then still speculating about said dried-up, exhausted info, trying very hard to extract anything new from something so dated simply because there hasn't been anything new, and therefore nothing to do while waiting for confirmations of speculation, the very speculation generated by the tiny morsel of info that started it all.

Ouroboros. Over and over again until you're lost.

Also, not everyone who thinks that there will be a new type actually wants it or thinks it's necessary. Perhaps they only see it as a probable explanation of the given facts. Well, at least, that's how I see it.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

Blog Entries

One of the things that I do not look forward to are basically complaints.

One such complaint is the fact that respondents believed the developers ran out of ideas as soon as they are not satisfied with what they see, usually the new Pokemon. One way they may not be satisfied is when the animal used for that Pokemon is the same as an existing one, so for example, when they see Fennekin, they thought that it's not new because we already have Vulpix, another fire fox. Another way they may not be satisfied is how the designs don't quite satisfy them, so it would seem the blame is shifted to the designers. Thankfully, the complaints of how Pokemon look like Digimon is not present, much to my relief. I am to believe that if there are new designers introduced to this project, there will bound to be new ideas. It's not like there is a very limited scope on what defines a Pokemon, because there are many ways to make a Pokemon.

One thing I dislike when it comes to new Pokemon is when people compare parts of a new Pokemon with the older Pokemon. To me, it seems like those that put this up don't view the new Pokemon on its own merit, but rather compare them to other older ones. Not saying that the ones that put them up have this idea, but it seems to attract comments of "running out of ideas", which as I mentioned, is not my favourite. To a lesser extent, when someone makes evolutions of what was viewed so far (e.g. starters) or making their own Pokemon, comments saying that whatever they made should've been the real deal is irritating to me. It's the reason I am not entirely fond of the idea of evolution speculation, because it is normally a hype-douser (case in point: Tepig's evolutions).

I also personally don't like comments condemning suggestions of changes that seems to not have been done before. There are things we don't expect to change, and those changes could be for the better actually. Rotom, for example, is a change that goes two ways, but it's something we would have thought would be forbidden before Generation 5. While I am not expecting a new type soon, I see no reason in condemning the possibility of a new type showing up when little is known so far.

While there are bound to be some bumps here and there, it's part of the ride. After all, any ride isn't always perfect.

Thanks for reading.
    “Hear no evil, and see no evil, abase not thyself, neither sigh and weep. Speak no evil, that thou mayest not hear it spoken unto thee, and magnify not the faults of others that thine own faults may not appear great; and wish not the abasement of anyone, that thine own abasement be not exposed.”

Latest Review: Dark-type Award Ceremony
    Bonus articles: Mega Evolution Candidates (Part 7) -- Generation 6 Pokémon (07/12/2013)

Blog Entries
    Add Stratago on MySpace

I discovered something new I can't stand about new gens: People who think that their (completely out of left field) idea that they're positive will happen holds more credibility than some other person's (completely out of right field) idea, and then elaborates ad nauseum about why he/she is right and everyone else isn't (when ultimately neither of them have any idea, since they can't know anything about it). It's maddening.

Smogon: 'Nuff said.

One thing I dislike is that I can't play the games since I have no 3DS.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast