Things You Hate About New Generations Approaching - Page 10

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree454Likes

Thread: Things You Hate About New Generations Approaching

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Things You Hate About New Generations Approaching

When the game's gonna come out, you're first gonna have to watch the japanese play it happily, until we will get the translated version.

Blog Entries

I really hate the news droughts. I don't know about you, but I was waiting with baited breath for this month's Coro Coro leak and what did we get when it hit? Nothing of real import. Not having any news just drives me nuts.
    Crysta Blade likes this.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silverwynde View Post
    I really hate the news droughts. I don't know about you, but I was waiting with baited breath for this month's Coro Coro leak and what did we get when it hit? Nothing of real import. Not having any news just drives me nuts.
    Indeed. Especially when we have so little info to go on that it's just going to be the same stupid discussions until they decide to tell us more about the game.

That annoyed the hell out of me in BW2 as well, we knew even less of that game until like, what? 2 or 3 months before it came out?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miles101 View Post
    My least favorite part is the speculation. Not all speculation, just one, tiny bit:

"OMG WHAT IF THEREZ ROMANCE??!!??!11 WHAT IF U CAN MEET A HOT BISHIE AND DATE HIM?!!?!!11111one IT WOULD BE SO MATUR!!!!elevenone11!!"

No, it wouldn't. Girls are smelly and boys have cooties, and that's the way I like it. It's for kids! Forget the kissing for once and have fun! There's a reason everyone's attractive, anyways.
    Nancy/Yancy and Christoph/Curtis say hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Edge View Post
    When the game's gonna come out, you're first gonna have to watch the japanese play it happily, until we will get the translated version.
    The games come out in all countries in the same month (October) except for Korea. Sorry, Koreans.
    It might just be North Korea, but I don't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by ルカリオ View Post
    "Game Freak is running out of ideas! Snowflakes, ice cream cones, candles, garbage bags..."

Well, that may be so, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if we find a few little Pokémon gems among all the junk.

Seriously, what I dislike most (and I'm surprised no one else has mentioned it) is the speculation of what the starter evos are going to look like, and more specifically (trying to be as tactful as I can), the "Rule 34" speculation that instantly sprung up on DA, FA, ...
    1. How do you speculate Rule 34?
    2. Yeah, and piles of sludge evolving into bigger piles of sludge, rebellious teenagers*, and regular old birds are SO original. Let's also not forget the genius that said "Ooh, let's make a mime and pass it off as a Pokemon! Better call it by it's formal name, too!
    Last edited by Shiny Celebi; 20th March 2013 at 06:28 PM.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Poko907 View Post
    The games come out in all countries in the same month (October) except for Korea. Sorry, Koreans.
    Really? I don't think they did that for previous games.

The work on that game is only in Japan, so obviously it's being made in a japanese language. Making it into other languages while developing would be a terrible hindrance. So since that game is made in Japan, you gotta factor at least the fact that it will take time to transport the copies into other countries.

destroyer of worlds kingdragon33's Avatar

The work on that game is only in Japan, so obviously it's being made in a japanese language. Making it into other languages while developing would be a terrible hindrance. So since that game is made in Japan, you gotta factor at least the fact that it will take time to transport the copies into other countries.
    This is the first time, haven't you noticed the information coming out at similar times in japan and everywhere else? there is a world wide release at sometime in october.

Quote Originally Posted by kingdragon33 View Post

This is the first time, haven't you noticed the information coming out at similar times in japan and everywhere else? there is a world wide release at sometime in october.
    Yes, worldwide release is confirmed and Gen 6 will be released in all the usual countries within the month of October.

*facepalm*

Dude. Worldwide release. It was confirmed back in January. It's a topic of as much discussion as the new games themselves. Just...dude.

My choice of thing I hate most about an approaching new gen? Whiny fans. I'm really, really looking forward to the usual 'EW! this is SO unoriginal! all new pokemon SUCK! Gf are running out of ideas!' bawlfest which so many seem to take it upon themselves to troll the rest of us with once a generation. And of course the always popular 'these new games are going to be SHIT and I stopped liking pokemon 5 years ago but I'm gonna buy them anyway just so I can whinge about how Nintendo are taking my money' highlight. I never even know what to say to that last one, but I can't count how many times I saw people expressing that sentiment on Serebii forums. Just...what. Why would you? Why, for the love of Yveltal, just why? And can I have your money, since you clearly have too much of it and not enough brains to go with it?

I don't mean to be negative because the whole experience of a new generation unfurling is a wonderful, beautiful thing. But as with everything else there are always gonna be bratty dunderheads who try to spoil our collective moment of fangirl/boy joy.
    Morru Magnum and Silverwynde like this.

I breed egg move pokes & DW females.

Scandal In The Firenation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Akira Bond on Tumblr

Yes, a lot of you are correct. Pokemon X and Y will in fact be released worldwide simultaneously, which I'm very happy about considering Australia is usually one of the last countries to have the Pokemon games available to them.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LadySasaki View Post
    My choice of thing I hate most about an approaching new gen? Whiny fans. I'm really, really looking forward to the usual 'EW! this is SO unoriginal! all new pokemon SUCK! Gf are running out of ideas!' bawlfest which so many seem to take it upon themselves to troll the rest of us with once a generation. And of course the always popular 'these new games are going to be SHIT and I stopped liking pokemon 5 years ago but I'm gonna buy them anyway just so I can whinge about how Nintendo are taking my money' highlight. I never even know what to say to that last one, but I can't count how many times I saw people expressing that sentiment on Serebii forums. Just...what. Why would you? Why, for the love of Yveltal, just why? And can I have your money, since you clearly have too much of it and not enough brains to go with it?

I don't mean to be negative because the whole experience of a new generation unfurling is a wonderful, beautiful thing. But as with everything else there are always gonna be bratty dunderheads who try to spoil our collective moment of fangirl/boy joy.
    I never said those things, so I wonder why do you adress them to me. Also you could've noticed that two other posters have already pointed it out for me. I guess you're really careless and/or in a bad mood when you take it out on me, since I am one of the most active posters in this section.

Worldwide release is confirmed, but it's the first time, so I had a reason to not know that. On a side note, first times are usually feeble so we shouldn't be so overconfident.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LadySasaki View Post
    *facepalm*

Dude. Worldwide release. It was confirmed back in January. It's a topic of as much discussion as the new games themselves. Just...dude.
    Everyone may not be so up-to-date when it comes to information, even if you may think it's one of the most obvious things in the world. No need to mock people about it.

---

Whenever a new generation is coming, discussions of a new type always comes up. While some people have intelligent for and against discussions about it, others downright dismiss it and saying it's either "stupid", "unnecessary", "too complicated" or the like.

I find those people annoying, cause they're kind of like those people who whine about the new designs without actually giving the Pokemon a chance. I find it rather judgmental, and in some cases a bit ignorant.

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Whenever a new generation is coming, discussions of a new type always comes up. While some people have intelligent for and against discussions about it, others downright dismiss it and saying it's either "stupid", "unnecessary", "too complicated" or the like.

I find those people annoying, cause they're kind of like those people who whine about the new designs without actually giving the Pokemon a chance. I find it rather judgmental, and in some cases a bit ignorant.
    Are you saying that you don't act like that?

If you want me to be specific, with this gen, I don't like how they just cut off the 5th generation. It seemed so abrupt to me.
    In general, I don't like waiting. That's the worst part. Though, it does give me time to save the money for it! Also, we're all getting it at the same time, so I don't have to wait. c:
    I'm not looking forward to the people whining about the Pokémon's deigns, though.
    Last edited by OrcaCity; 21st March 2013 at 12:28 PM.
    Silverwynde likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post

Are you saying that you don't act like that?
    What?

Maybe it wasn't clear, but I was saying that I find it annoying when people think that the idea of introducing a new type is "stupid" or "unnecessary" without giving any kind of argument on why they think that. Besides, to those people who think it would be "too complicated", I'm sure it won't. If Game Freak or Nintendo want to introduce a new type or two, they would make it work.

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate

I hate that I'm a broke college kid who can't afford a 3DS to play the new gen T-T

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast