Things in Pokemon you thought were true but are not
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Things in Pokemon you thought were true but are not

Default Things in Pokemon you thought were true but are not

I remember thinking you could get Jirachi in Granite Cave, that beating the Elite Four a lot of times would unlock new content, and that breeding Jirachi and Deoxys would make a new Pokemon.

Darkrai is unstoppable!!! Shadowlord XD's Avatar
    Add Shadowlord XD on Facebook
    Visit Shadowlord XD's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Things in Pokemon you that were true but are not

I once thought that u could get celebi after defeating the elite four and simply press the A button at the shrine at ilex forest.i also thought that u could get ultra-rare pokemon by fishing at the dark patches of water in r/s/e.

Oh, golly. Back when I was a little kid, I honestly believed that maybe Mew was under that truck, but I never really bothered trying to break the game to find out.

I still often try to time hitting A when a pokeball hits a 'mon, and move the control stick/d-pad to the left when I'm hoping that an opposing pokemon will lose all of it's HP and faint. And move the control stick and/or d-pad back and forth when a pokemon is in the ball, hoping that it'll somehow help capture it or something. I mean, I know it doesn't work, but I've been doing it since the 1990s, why stop now?

The Science Overlord carboncopy's Avatar

Always believed in the space rocket stuff, you could get Jirachi and Deoxys by going to the moon from mossdeep

KYOGRE ! THE GOD OF THE SEA ! THE SLUMBERING GIANT !
    Did you Know that there is a Protein Called Pikachurin, As this Protien is Supposed to Be As Fast And Nimble As Pikachu ?
    For More Cool Science Facts Click Here.

Fiery passion that burns! Season's Avatar
    Follow Season On Twitter Add Season on Facebook

The Mew under the truck always got me, I'd go looking around that area and when I actually saw the truck and nothing happened it was like oh...

When I was a kid I thought your game would crash and become unplayable if you caught Missingno.

I also thought Jirachi and Deoxys were related when I first saw them, and that Munchlax wasn't a Pokemon when he first started appearing (I still sometimes forget he actually is a Pokemon).

I also remember thinking that Latias and Latios were in some way related to Lugia when I first saw them, too.

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate

Blog Entries
    Follow Ziggy Stardust On Twitter

Mew and the truck, obviously. (If you didn't fall for this, you didn't have a childhood!)

Also, for some reason, I thought that Deoxys would come out from an Enigma Berry tree.

It's impossible, said pride. It's risky, said experience. OU suspect, yelled Smogon.

Join Team Aqua, we have hot girls
    I bet you didn't notice the guy behind

Add bangbronze on MySpace

Sadly when i played Red it was like 2005 and I wasn't allowed on the WWW. (Which makes sense if you were 4 then.) Anyways, I was caught up in something REALLY stupid. When you throw the Pokeball, hit the D-pad Up annd hold B. When the Pokeball opens, let go of the D-pad and hold A and B, the it will become a Master Ball. If it doesn't work one time, it will the next. And apperantly you need lightning tiger eye-hand coordination. And I still use it today. It's odd when you start using something in your games, you end up doing it EVERY SINGLE TIME no matter how stupid it is. I honestly think that now doing that will make it HARDER to catch the Pokemon.

More fab than Sylveon. Sir Fabulous's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Things in Pokemon you thought were true but are not

Many different weaknesses and resistances. I thought Ghost was immune to Psychic, Water resisted Rock, Dragon wasn't supereffective against anything, and Ghost was only supereffective against Psychic. Besides that, I believed that if you had a Kecleon in your party, it increased the chance of finding a shiny, because of it's ability. Not to mention I thought the Striaton trio was kidnapped by the Shadow Triad before B2W2 came out, hence why Bianca didn't get to them, but they were freed once you beat Ghetsis.
    I have claimed: Staraptor (01/12/13), Shiny Stone (02/12/13), and Limber (02/12/13).

Blog Entries
    Follow Ziggy Stardust On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Purazuma View Post
    Many different weaknesses and resistances. I thought Ghost was immune to Psychic, Water resisted Rock, Dragon wasn't supereffective against anything, and Ghost was only supereffective against Psychic.
    That reminds me... when I played Gold I thought:
    - Steel was weak to Electric
    - if a dual-type Pokémon has, on each type, a weakness and an immunity to certain type, it becomes a resistance.

So I was completely sure I could hit Steelix with a "not very effective" Electric attack. Moreover, for some reason, I'm almost sure I did once (and yes, I know it doesn't make sense). Later, I wasn't unable to understand why that won't work anymore. The only logic explaination I can think, is that actually I hit Steelix with a normal attack and thought it was electric for some reason.

Offtopic:
    Quote Originally Posted by bangbronze View Post
    Sadly when i played Red it was like 2005 and I wasn't allowed on the WWW. (Which makes sense if you were 4 then.)
    4? In 2005 I was a freshman at the university. Oh, man, I'm so old...

It's impossible, said pride. It's risky, said experience. OU suspect, yelled Smogon.

Join Team Aqua, we have hot girls
    I bet you didn't notice the guy behind

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Thundershock will work on Geodude. I really believed that, and I blame the anime for that... XDD

The Jet Black Pokemon Ninja_Oscar's Avatar

Follow Ninja_Oscar on Tumblr

Mashing A/B/X/Y/Any button would help me catch a pokemon...

Arms... like... nooodles! The Togekiss's Avatar

Follow The Togekiss on Tumblr

I thought that Ice was super effective against Rock for the longest time, until last year I learned it was neutral...

My deviantArt account... http://thetogekiss.deviantart.com/
    Claimed: Togekiss (yay!) ,Oblivious, Pokeradar,and Razor Fang! July 8th, 2012, Air Slash July 20th, 2012

Rotom is a legendary Pokemon.

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

I'd definitely say I thought something would happen with the rocket in Mossdeep. I still think it's odd that place existed without really having any use, especially in the originals.

Hell, I still believe button combos make it easier to catch pokemon. I think I'll never not believe that.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast