Theory on Zoroark/Legendaries. - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Theory on Zoroark/Legendaries.

Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

Default Re: Theory on Zoroark/Legendaries.

So, didn't like everyone think Lucario was a legendary? And then didn't it turn out he had a prevo and wasn't? Didn't even have a role in D/P?

And doesn't Zoroark have a lot with Lucario in common? Prevo, star in a movie? Then wouldn't it be logical to assume that the same will happen to Zoroark? Just being an average pokémon like Lucario?

The answer is yes.

Blog Entries

Serebii has just pointed out that CoroCoro will reveal next month how Zoroark is going to be obtained. Imagine if the same thing had been done for Lucario; would they really have made a big deal about the Riolu egg? Surely if there were nothing remarkable about obtaining Zoroark, it could wait for until after the movie has premiered.

Let's go back in time to 2005 and see what Junichi Masuda had to write about Movie 8 in his blog:

Quote Originally Posted by Junichi Masuda
    If 'Lucario' will grow in such a nice way, it might become very difficult for us to try to incorporate this Pokemon in a game. (it was very hard with Lugia...) But this time I came up with ideas like 'Let's do this, let's do that!' after I saw the movie.

It's a secret... You'll be surprised when you play!

In what part of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl does 'Lucario' appear? As you enjoy the movie, don't forget to keep that in mind!

By the way, do you remember that thing that looks like Mew's family tree at the beginning of the movie. That's based on Game Freak's confidential documents about Pokemon Diamond and Pearl :) .
    Since Diamond and Pearl were still only halfway through their development at that point, Game Freak simply didn't know what they would do with Lucario yet. I have little doubt that Masuda did not have the Riolu egg event in mind when he wrote that entry, since it hardly seems worth the hype. So what changed? The fact that there was another movie before Diamond and Pearl came out, and it was important that Manaphy be prioritized over Lucario. A year had gone by and it was actually excusable not to meet the fans' expectations of Lucario's abilities.

Will this be the case now? No. The games are being promoted alongside the movie, and we will know next month what the extent of Zoroark's role in the games is going to be. If there is nothing particularly special about it, potential movie viewers will be aware of that, and I have little doubt that it may change their perception of the movie character.

But god forbid should Zoroark not follow Lucario's footsteps to the letter. How dare anyone even consider that Game Freak may have a new idea or two up their sleeves.
    Last edited by Silktree; 14th April 2010 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unown Lord View Post
    But god forbid should Zoroark not follow Lucario's footsteps to the letter. How dare anyone even consider that Game Freak may have a new idea or two up their sleeves.

It'd be nice if they did; I just don't expect them to.
    SoulSilver FC: 3782 1205 0348
    Platinum FC: 2879 5571 5372

I think instead of a quote, I might just start listing the number of people whose signatures contain quotes by me. My goal is to be in ALL OF THEM.

WAIT! Thats not edible! firelord767's Avatar

I can already say that due to evolving, Zoroark is not legendary, shooting this theory out the window. A 'Truth Seeker' pokemon could show up, though.
    Hey Bulbapedia,

I decided a few days ago to begin trading with the bulba-populace, and chose a bad day to start. Later that day, i spilled Gatorade all over my DS Lite! Feel no need to reserve anything that i asked for and disregard anything i promised anyone. I'll be more than happy to complete any trades that weren't made in the mean-time once i get a replacement (which might mean the old, bulky DS *shudders*)

~FL

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Just to say that in the movie there is no mystical connection between zoroark and the beasts.

However, since Yaminokame has revealed the Zoroark in the movie to be female, does anyone think that explains the odd brownish coloring in her fur? Gender difference?

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries

I actually have an odd feeling that Zorua's evolution has three stages.

While Zorua and Zoroark do look alike, I have a feeling that Zoroark is a third-stage evolution, rather than a second-stage evolution. Has it been confirmed that Zorua evolves directly into Zoroark?

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction View Post
    "Harumpf! I do say, THIS counterfeit was more impressive than THAT counterfeit!"

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by CypherFDP View Post

While Zorua and Zoroark do look alike, I have a feeling that Zoroark is a third-stage evolution, rather than a second-stage evolution. Has it been confirmed that Zorua evolves directly into Zoroark?
    Yeah, it does look like there is a missing link.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if they're gonna say that the Lock Capsule contains a Zorua egg, which will be downloadable in HG/SS shortly before the game's release.

No more so than it looks like there's a missing link between, say, Goldeen and Seaking. Or Scyther and Scizor. Or Tyrogue and any of them.
    SoulSilver FC: 3782 1205 0348
    Platinum FC: 2879 5571 5372

I think instead of a quote, I might just start listing the number of people whose signatures contain quotes by me. My goal is to be in ALL OF THEM.

Quote Originally Posted by CypherFDP View Post

CoroCoro and other sources have shown arrows between them from Zorua to Zoroark multiple times, and that happens only to indicate evolution. It's pretty solidly confirmed, and has been for some time.

Do you think Zoroark will be able to learn transform?

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pokestar View Post
    Do you think Zoroark will be able to learn transform?
    maybe. The movie seems to hint at it, but the movies have exaggerated before.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Rev
    Blog Entries

It could be a new, pokemon-specific move just for Zoroark, like Dark Void for Darkrai.
    White~1248 9177 2603~White
    Platinum~0604 5276 0111~Platinum

~My RNG babies and captures~

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123