Theory on Zoroark/Legendaries. - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Theory on Zoroark/Legendaries.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Theory on Zoroark/Legendaries.

I tend to agree with those who say Zoroak will take on a 'Lucario-like' role in this movie. I think with the three beasts, they will serve as the legendary pokemon role in this movie.

Actually, the fact that they've withheld their Ability for months probably means there is something of their illusion powers represented in-game. I can't think of any other reason they're concealing it (as well as pointing out that they're concealing it).

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Well, it's not like they've actually given us any game details, much less new abilities.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Before Zoroark we had Lucario. Before Lucario we had Marril (Pikablu). Since they showed Zoroark's 'baby' form I don't think he's a Legendary. Now I'll lay you odds he'll be a Lucario rare type that you only get from an ingame event.
    Last edited by Mostlyjoe; 14th April 2010 at 08:42 AM.

Blog Entries

He kind of seems like the opposite of Lucario too, if you know what I mean. If Lucario sees the "aura" inside of people, he can see truth telling and stuff like that. He can be "WhiteKing". Maybe Zoroark if his opposite and the...uh..."BlackKing".

Faithful Contestshipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Keegman View Post
    I dunno. My gut is telling me that Zoroark is the new Lucario: a "cool" pokemon that they announce early that you'll only get one of in-game who will have a ridiculously "cool" and certainly unique power attributed to them but with no in-game mechanics to back it up or reflect that.
    I agree, I think Zorua and Zoroark are rare, powerful Pokémon that have been released for the hype. Like Lucario.

Quote Originally Posted by Region Master View Post
    *sorry to interrupt your thread but this sort of goes along the same lines (on the topic of Zoroark/theories)* I just want to point out the obvious: Zoroark's hair/mane is in a "pony tail." The end of said pony tail looks like a paintbrush. Perhaps these "illusions" are "painted" by Zoroark. AND if said paintbrush IS a paintbrush, this could play a key role in Black and White! Black and White (or at least white is) are two of the most creatively-useful colors to draw, color, or PAINT onto.
    This ties in with the idea about how the world is turning black and white and you have to recolor it, which I heard somewhere. That would be awesome if Zoroark played a major story part.
    Avatar made by FullMetal! Go visit his shop!Visit my URPG stats!

I like the theory alot but im afraid they are probably not legendary. Id be surprised if they were.

Monochrome JC The Supreme Tiger's Avatar

Lightbulb Re: Theory on Zoroark/Legendaries.

I have an idea. Zorua would be the Kecleon of gen V, and it would require a special item in order to detect it.

In one of the towns, a wild zorua is tormenting a town and taking shapes of both people and pokémon. Until you get the special item, and battle the zorua, the gym would be closed as the gym leader, a psychic-type gym leader is scared that the town is being haunted, and locks herself up inside the gym. You would have to find the zorua, disguised as one person and/or pokémon, and catch it or faint it in order to challenge the gym leader.

Later, in or near the dark-type gym city, a zorua appears once a week, but you have to find it, as there are several other pokémon wandering around the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Airplane Guy View Post
    I have an idea. Zorua would be the Kecleon of gen V, and it would require a special item in order to detect it.

In one of the towns, a wild zorua is tormenting a town and taking shapes of both people and pokémon. Until you get the special item, and battle the zorua, the gym would be closed as the gym leader, a psychic-type gym leader is scared that the town is being haunted, and locks herself up inside the gym. You would have to find the zorua, disguised as one person and/or pokémon, and catch it or faint it in order to challenge the gym leader.

Later, in or near the dark-type gym city, a zorua appears once a week, but you have to find it, as there are several other pokémon wandering around the city.

Genius. That would be awesome if it was in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Airplane Guy View Post

I know ideas get repeated often on the forums, but this one in particular gave me the strangest sense of Deja Vu.

I believe it stems from a discussion on the boards about a month or two back when Zoroark was revealed and applying it to in-game availability. Some people were convinced it would be an event Pokemon, similar to the shiny Beast trio being released. The more likely situation (I felt) they'd use would be an event within the game that required some kind of manipulation, but did not limit Zorua/Zoroark to a single encounter.

In other words, capturing Zorua/Zoroark would not be like your typical legendary encounter or Rotom encounter (only one chance), but would be an event in which catching multiples would be possible (like the Kecleons in RSE, or Drifloon at the Windworks, or Lapras in Union Cave).
    V Faction: Bulbatized

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3136 - 6603 - 1330

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction View Post
    I know ideas get repeated often on the forums, but this one in particular gave me the strangest sense of Deja Vu.

I believe it stems from a discussion on the boards about a month or two back when Zoroark was revealed and applying it to in-game availability. Some people were convinced it would be an event Pokemon, similar to the shiny Beast trio being released. The more likely situation (I felt) they'd use would be an event within the game that required some kind of manipulation, but did not limit Zorua/Zoroark to a single encounter.

In other words, capturing Zorua/Zoroark would not be like your typical legendary encounter or Rotom encounter (only one chance), but would be an event in which catching multiples would be possible (like the Kecleons in RSE, or Drifloon at the Windworks, or Lapras in Union Cave).

Any opportunity to see more Pokémon in the overworld is something I support, really.
    SoulSilver FC: 3782 1205 0348
    Platinum FC: 2879 5571 5372

I think instead of a quote, I might just start listing the number of people whose signatures contain quotes by me. My goal is to be in ALL OF THEM.

Since a great many people find that zoroark is the new lucario then the likely event could involve a master of disguise giving you an egg which has zorua inside it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mostlyjoe View Post
    Before Zoroark we had Lucario. Before Lucario we has Marril (Pikablu). Since they showed Zoroark's 'baby' form I don't think he's a Legendary. Now I'll lay you odds he'll be a Lucario rare type that you only get from an ingame event.
    I agree.

The pre-evolution makes Zoroark like Lucario...it will probably have little influence on the storyline.

Spriteshop | URPG Stats

SoulSilver FC: 0045-9985-8956

Formerly GTT Grass Type Warrior's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    That's just my theory. Your idea is as plausible as mine but it makes you wonder: Where would an evil team fit into this? This is Pokemon after all.
    Y'know, the evil team doesn't have to be after any powerful or legendary Pokemon. They've only done that twice. Once in RSE (albeit with two teams) and once in DPPt. It is possible the new team is after something else entirely (kind of like...oh, say....TEAM ROCKET). Two points make a line, not a pattern, after all. I'm just sayin' ;)
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

Zoroark is an evolved Pokémon,and I don't think it's likely that it's the mascot.(Hopefully the mascots will be legendaries,but not titanic ones such as in D/P)
    The mascots will be something completely different,although I hope that Z and the storyline are somewhat connected(more than Lucario,anyways)

Maybe Zoroark is kind of like the new Lucario,but I still like it so far.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast