Theory on Zoroark/Legendaries.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Theory on Zoroark/Legendaries.

Default Theory on Zoroark/Legendaries.

Just plucking at strings here but the film describes Zoroark as the "Ruler of Illisions". Well, Illusions are a lie, right. So Zoroark could possibly be Black's fronting Pokemon while the asofyet unannounced Pokemon fronting white's would be something along the lines of "Conveyor of Truth". For this thread, I'll call it "WhiteKing". It sounds cool.

While Zoroark uses its powers to shapeshift and produce illusions (going off movie only at this point), WhiteKing has powers that allow to detect the "truth" in situations and instantly know whether someone is lying to it or not.

How these would reflect into the game or not could possibly intern that "WhiteKing" cannot have its accuracy lowered, or be hit by attacks such as Future Sight, while Zoroark could automatically have a bonus in evasion, and/or have a moveset that revovles around abilities such as Transform & Substitute.

Just a theory I'm winging on here.

Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayde View Post
    "OH HOT DAMN! LOOK AT THAT FUCKING BELL! IT'S SMALL AND CUTE AND HAS A FUCKING RIBBON ON IT'S FUCKING HEAD! BACK THIS PARTY VAN UP! I GOTTA CATCH THAT SHIT!!"

Default Re: Theory on Zoroark/Legendaries.

YOU ARE HORRIBLE AND WE HATE YOUR ID—

Sorry.

I dunno. My gut is telling me that Zoroark is the new Lucario: a "cool" pokemon that they announce early that you'll only get one of in-game who will have a ridiculously "cool" and certainly unique power attributed to them but with no in-game mechanics to back it up or reflect that.

I mean, aside from a couple of moves having the word "Aura" in the name and the flashy blue light in Riley's trainer sprite animation, what is there? Brawl did a better job of showing this off than the real games did.

But then the same can be true about some of the legendaries. i.e.,
    "Hey Palkia, you're the master of space, right?"
    "Roar."
    "Right. Wanna wormhole us over to the Pokemon League?"
    "Roar."
    "What do you mean you don't know Teleport?!"
    SoulSilver FC: 3782 1205 0348
    Platinum FC: 2879 5571 5372

I think instead of a quote, I might just start listing the number of people whose signatures contain quotes by me. My goal is to be in ALL OF THEM.

Blog Entries

Perhaps. But aren't illusions associated with darkness and, therefore, the night sky? I'm still willing to bet that the storylines revolve around a team plotting eternal night and a team plotting eternal day with legendaries relating to the sun and moon.

That's just my theory. Your idea is as plausible as mine but it makes you wonder: Where would an evil team fit into this? This is Pokemon after all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Keegman View Post
    I dunno. My gut is telling me that Zoroark is the new Lucario: a "cool" pokemon that they announce early that you'll only get one of in-game who will have a ridiculously "cool" and certainly unique power attributed to them but with no in-game mechanics to back it up or reflect that.
    That's what I'm thinking as well.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Zoroark may just be Lucario's successor, but at the same time its precedor, and at the same time its counterpart.

Quote Originally Posted by Keegman View Post
    My gut is telling me that Zoroark is the new Lucario: a "cool" pokemon that they announce early that you'll only get one of in-game who will have a ridiculously "cool" and certainly unique power attributed to them but with no in-game mechanics to back it up or reflect that.
    I know I posted my theory, but this is also my gut feeling. Not that I have a problem with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayde View Post
    "OH HOT DAMN! LOOK AT THAT FUCKING BELL! IT'S SMALL AND CUTE AND HAS A FUCKING RIBBON ON IT'S FUCKING HEAD! BACK THIS PARTY VAN UP! I GOTTA CATCH THAT SHIT!!"

I do want to come out in support of thread-specific names for hypothetical pokemon. That's something I can get behind.
    SoulSilver FC: 3782 1205 0348
    Platinum FC: 2879 5571 5372

I think instead of a quote, I might just start listing the number of people whose signatures contain quotes by me. My goal is to be in ALL OF THEM.

Blog Entries

*sorry to interrupt your thread but this sort of goes along the same lines (on the topic of Zoroark/theories)* I just want to point out the obvious: Zoroark's hair/mane is in a "pony tail." The end of said pony tail looks like a paintbrush. Perhaps these "illusions" are "painted" by Zoroark. AND if said paintbrush IS a paintbrush, this could play a key role in Black and White! Black and White (or at least white is) are two of the most creatively-useful colors to draw, color, or PAINT onto.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Region Master View Post
    *sorry to interrupt your thread but this sort of goes along the same lines (on the topic of Zoroark/theories)* I just want to point out the obvious: Zoroark's hair/mane is in a "pony tail." The end of said pony tail looks like a paintbrush. Perhaps these "illusions" are "painted" by Zoroark. AND if said paintbrush IS a paintbrush, this could play a key role in Black and White! Black and White (or at least white is) are two of the most creatively-useful colors to draw, color, or PAINT onto.
    Or maybe it has a move like Sketch where, instead, of a single move, it stores an entire Pokemon and moveset (so four total) that can be switched at will (or once per battle).

Maybe Solrock will be exclusive to white and lunatone to black and you will need solrock to get to the white ledgendary and lunatone to get to the black one (or evos of the two)

Quote Originally Posted by Pokestar View Post
    Maybe Solrock will be exclusive to white and lunatone to black and you will need solrock to get to the white ledgendary and lunatone to get to the black one (or evos of the two)
    And you base this off of the Sun/Moon theme that Solrock and Lunatone are designed after? Which then I assume you're associating with the colors of the titles? Even though we've got no evidence to support a Night/Day theme going on; Black and White are just colors. You can't possibly make a connection yet.
    V Faction: Bulbatized

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3136 - 6603 - 1330

Blog Entries

I see someones read my ideas. :p

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Just because Zoroark appears in a movie does not make him a legend. Chances are his is not a legend, he's just a new Lucario and will have no impact on the plot, jsut like Lucario.

I thought we learned this lesson from the Lucario movie, but I suppose not.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Monochrome JC The Supreme Tiger's Avatar

I agree, however, however, depending on how much planning game freak had, they could pull a fast one on everyone, and make the Zoros legends. It could be gen V's manaphy.

However, legendaries do not evolve. Even manaphy isn't an exception to this rule that has been established for the las 15 years.

Imacutyou

zoroark look like a lucario pallet swap wit lipstick. nothing cool about a humanoid lipstick weasel. lets hope that the rest of the gen 5 pokes look better. this is just my opinion. maybe zoro will haxe interesting backstory who knows...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast