Themed run throughs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Themed run throughs

Default Themed run throughs

So, I'm planning a run-though of Pearl with a themed party, Canine Pokemon.

I plan on playing normally until I can access the union room, then using a second DS available to me, trade my party (freshly hatched at lvl 1 or so I think) over from SS.

Have any of you ever done this, or something similar? Any tips for me?

Default Re: Themed run throughs

I attempted to go through Red with only water types once. Got to Surge and gave up, lol. I'm gonna do a bunch of Elite Four runs with themed teams, though.
    Diamond friend code; 0389 3902 8809

Blog Entries

I've bred and EV trained teams for HG and SS, for the first run through I did in Japanese HG I transferred level 1 pokemon, which works ok, but can be difficult to level them at the start as the struggle with wild pokemon. Since then I breed and EV train then level to 4 or 5 before trading.

That's a good point with wanting to level them up to 4 or 5 before the trade...

Slightly off topic, but where should I go to get help on party building? I'm still a bit green on these specific forums.

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulweaver On Twitter Add Soulweaver on Facebook Add Soulweaver on Google+
    Follow Soulweaver on Tumblr Visit Soulweaver's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by revaar View Post

Slightly off topic, but where should I go to get help on party building? I'm still a bit green on these specific forums.
    On this forum, and more specifically in the In-Game Teams thread if you're looking for help with the normal game team.

Former staff member · X Pokédex status (incl. foreign dexes) · Bank Living Dex status · 3DS FC: 4699 6589 8963

Blog Entries

I did a run-through on gold once of all the cattle-like pokémon. Tauros, Miltank, Stantler, and Girafarig. Worked pretty well actually.

I've always wanted to create a team of only Eevee evolutions, but I've never actually gone through it.

now's the time to shine coolking503's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I played through platinum with a monosteel team, all caught in game:
    empoleon, steelix, magenzone, bronzong, probapass, and lucario. no troubles there, except afterwards I found out my magnezone was adamant natured, LOL. ou could also try a nuzlocke challenge. the rules are:

1. If a pokemon faints, you must release it as soon as possible.
    2. You can ONLY catch the first pokemon you encounter in a route/cave/town/area (You get the idea). If you defeat the first pokemon you see, tough shit, you get nothing from this area.
    3. Obviously if you run out of pokemon, you must start again.
    4. Potions, healing items of any kind infact, are DISALLOWED.

I'm playing ruby through like that. Its challenging yet fun.
    If we are having a battle and I disconnect, it is 100% unintentional; my power goes off often and each time my modem resets.

Gone until Aug, 10 or something for a trip w/out net access. C u after that. If I suddenly dissapear after that you can bet I got bad grades on my IGCSE's, since results are coming out the week afterwards.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by coolking503 View Post
    empoleon, steelix, magenzone, bronzong, probapass, and lucario. no troubles there, except afterwards I found out my magnezone was adamant natured, LOL. ou could also try a nuzlocke challenge. the rules are:

2. You can ONLY catch the first pokemon you encounter in a route/cave/town/area (You get the idea). If you defeat the first pokemon you see, tough shit, you get nothing from this area.

that sounds awesome. you'd really want to grind your pokémon so they won't faint. it would be so frustrating if they did though! "Ratata used Quick Attack! Critical Hit!" "FUCK!"

it should be called the Fire Emblem challenge!

Fairy Queen Kaori's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kaori on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by 1998 View Post
    I've always wanted to create a team of only Eevee evolutions, but I've never actually gone through it.
    I had considered that too, but I just can't really bring myself to do it. I didn't consider enough of them aesthetically pleasing or strong enough. ^^'

I am tempted to trade over a Dratini and make myself a Dragon playthrough. Might be a bit too easy compared to others to keep me entertained, though.

[12:40:02 AM] Karamazov: I call Kaori the chick who could crush me under her tits
    ~ Proud Head of Entertainment, Inc. ~ Fanclub ~ Come join the conversation in the Entertainment, Inc. General Chat Thread!~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by revaar View Post
    Actually, I'd recommend against that. In fact, you should send them over as eggs. It's actually very easy to overlevel an outsider Pokemon in the early stages of the game. I learned this the hard way when I restarted my Pt game and brought over a bunch of hatchlings for my team.

As far as themes go, I've always wanted to make a Hound team, but I've never gotten around to it. I think my biggest issue would be that most hound type Pokemon that aren't Legendaries or Eeveelutions are Fire-Types.

Lt.
    Blog Entries

When i get HG, i'm gonna transfer in some pokemon and do a All-Fighing run through
    My current plan is Machamp, Hariama, Lucario, Hitmonchan,Hitmonlee and Blazeikan
    I have claimed
    Ninetails: Rydel Guy:

White FC:3224 4959 6211.
    Silver:5328 3164 4969

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by coolking503 View Post

Oh...that just sounds...cruel...

I want to do a playthrough of Heart Gold with only Water-types my next time around...but no Water-types outside of RSE can learn Fly, so I'm either going to have to bite the bullet and get something else, or just use a Pidgey or something to get everywhere.
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

I've always wanted to have a Flying team, because of the vast number of types they're matched with, and you'd be good as long as you have a Gliger/Gliscour to handle the electrics, the only thing that's stopped me is that for real type diversity you'd have to use a couple of legendaries, and that just feels cheap to me.

Plus I had Zapdos. I mean look at him.
    SoulSilver FC: 3782 1205 0348
    Platinum FC: 2879 5571 5372

I think instead of a quote, I might just start listing the number of people whose signatures contain quotes by me. My goal is to be in ALL OF THEM.

Keep Moving Forward MasterKenobi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yes, most hound like Pokemon are mostly fire or legendaries which is a pain when you are going for that theme. I have been trying to get around to doing an eeveelution play through as it would be very fun! I would probably go with all of them but Leafeon or exchange Umbreon and Leafeon out as I need them, it would actually be good to stick with the Sinnoh based evolutions though you are unable to get Glaceon until much later in the game so Leafeon would probably do for the time being.

Since CoolKing mentioned the Nuzlocke Challenge, here are a few others that I found:

The Solo Pokemon Challenge:

The Mono-type Challenge:

The Mono-colour Challenge:

The no Poke Ball Challenge:

The No Pokecenter Challenge:

The No Pokemart Challenge:

The Survival Challenge:

Done by the amazing Blazaking! ^^

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast