Theme for this Generation - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Theme for this Generation

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Default Re: Theme for this Generation

Quote Originally Posted by Reila View Post
    What would be the goal of the evil team, to make everything look ugly and deformed?

An "ideal beauty" is an entity which is admired, or possesses features widely attributed to beauty in a particular culture, for perfection.

Perfection.

Perhaps the evil guys are trying to achieve perfection in terms of manipulating the genes of Pokémon? Though at the end, it all would most likely resolve with something corny such as 'the beauty is on the inside' or something.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tsutarja View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Reila View Post
    What would be the goal of the evil team, to make everything look ugly and deformed?

An "ideal beauty" is an entity which is admired, or possesses features widely attributed to beauty in a particular culture, for perfection.

Perfection.

Perhaps the evil guys are trying to achieve perfection in terms of manipulating the genes of Pokémon? Though at the end, it all would most likely resolve with something corny such as 'the beauty is on the inside' or something.
    sounds to Fascist or Nazi to me to be used for a game in Europe because of all the STRICT anti-Nazi/fascist laws which could make this a hard sell there.

Blog Entries

possesses features widely attributed to beauty in a particular culture, for perfection.
    Here lies the problem in using Beauty as the theme for the new gen. Ideal beauty, or as you said, perfection, is a very subjective concept. I don't know how they would portray this ideal beauty in the games... The theme definitely isn't as interesting as "Truth/Ideals" or "Recreating the universe", but then again, it depends of how they use the said theme...

Follow Meophist On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    It would be really interesting if it played a role with the evil team and their goal. I'm not sure how that would work out, but it sounds pretty cool.
    I imagine they're goal would be to impose their own ideas of beauty to everything else.
    Team Gaara, Sakuraa and Hidden Mew like this.

Electrifyingly Adorable Sakuraa's Avatar

The theme being related to beauty sounds very interesting, especially of the villainous team plays a role in it. Something similar to Meophist's idea sounds like it could be good.

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

So, Xerneas is the Pokémon of life and Yveltal of Destruction.

Hopefully this means something in plot-related terms.
    Lugiafanatic and Hidden Mew like this.

Blog Entries

Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

So, Xerneas is the Pokémon of life and Yveltal of Destruction.

Hopefully this means something in plot-related terms.
    It should, considering that since Generation 3, it always does.

I got a scum result on that bush! LYNCH IT LYNCH IT LYNCH IT!

Blog Entries

I remember "life and destruction" being a theme in at least one rumour... though since basically everything that isn't Pokebeach's leaks has been soundly debunked, it was probably just a lucky guess.

El_
    Blog Entries

I remember as well. Basically, that rumor was detailing your basic Light Gaia vs Dark Gaia plot line. Light Gaia rejuvenates the world, granting life and rebirth, while Dark Gaia destroys the world after time passes and the process needs to begin anew again.

From what we have so far, I don't think that rumor was that far off. Yveltal is the destruction Pokemon because thats what its function is, while Xerneas grants life.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Yeah, I imagine that Xerneas being the Pokemon of life, while Yveltal is the Pokemon of destruction would tie into the plot. I wonder if it also ties in with the theme of beauty. I can see it with Xerneas, but I'm not sure abotu Yveltal.

El_
    Blog Entries

After thinking about it for a while, I'm starting to suspect that there could actually be a deeper meaning this Generation other than the whole circle of life theme, and it deals with psychology: Death drive - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia & Life and Death Instincts

Pretty much, lets assume under this hypothesis that Xerneas represents Eros or the pleasure principle, which focuses on natural, instinctive, sexual and life producing themes. This would also tie into Xerneas's other possible influences, as both Cernunnos - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia from Celtic myth, and Artemis from the Greeks have nearly the same life principle. Yveltal on the other hand would represent Thanatos or the death drive, which opposes the other principle by having an urge in organic life to restore an earlier state of things.

Since these psychological drives or instincts are found within everyone, this could tie into biology and what role it may share with genetics and behavior. If utilized correctly, this would definitely make for a deeper plot in the games this Generation.
    Reila and Lugiafanatic like this.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post
    After thinking about it for a while, I'm starting to suspect that there could actually be a deeper meaning this Generation other than the whole circle of life theme, and it deals with psychology: Death drive - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia & Life and Death Instincts
    If this were the case, it would make it feasible for my theory about Mr. Fuji to work. Basically, he might have suffered from conflicting desires, or a personality split if you will. The destructive part of him (Dr. Fuji) spliced the genes of the newborn Mewtwo, making it suffer a great deal. But his benevolent and life-loving side (Mr. Fuji) was able to turn away from science and start a new life. I just hope that he gets to make it up to Mewtwo.
    Lugiafanatic and El_ like this.

Blog Entries

If Xerneas is the Life Pokemon and Yveltal is the Death Pokemon, then the third "Z" Pokemon will probably have to do with something that transpires with being in the center of life and death.
    After a quick research on Google, the Z Pokemon could be the "Purgatory" Pokemon, the concept of being dead and alive at the same time, awaiting the approval of going to heaven or hell.
    In the Pokemon world, heaven would be Spear Pillar, while hell is the Distortion World. In Sinnoh, of course.

Blog Entries

I really hope they don't introduce concepts like Heaven, Purgatory and Hell in Pokémon, they don't need to put religious concepts in the plot just because Xerneas and Yveltal are related to life and death. Also, The Spear Pillar and the Distortion World aren't nothing like Heaven and Hell. El_'s idea sounds way more interesting to me.

El_
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    If this were the case, it would make it feasible for my theory about Mr. Fuji to work. Basically, he might have suffered from conflicting desires, or a personality split if you will. The destructive part of him (Dr. Fuji) spliced the genes of the newborn Mewtwo, making it suffer a great deal. But his benevolent and life-loving side (Mr. Fuji) was able to turn away from science and start a new life. I just hope that he gets to make it up to Mewtwo.
    Yes, I would definitely tie that in with Mewtwo as well, considering it's original form that Fuji created was highly destructive (Thanatos principle) and the newly awakened one that may value life more. (Eros principle) I'd say if your right about Fuji's personality then it reflected on Mewtwo's quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Shushupu View Post
    I really hope they don't introduce concepts like Heaven, Purgatory and Hell in Pokémon, they don't need to put religious concepts in the plot just because Xerneas and Yveltal are related to life and death. Also, The Spear Pillar and the Distortion World aren't nothing like Heaven and Hell. El_'s idea sounds way more interesting to me.
    That depends, I'd agree with you (heaven/hell is kinda boring on its own to me) though I suppose it depends on the "theme" in question. I don't think Game Freak should go so "literal" with it if they ever wanted to do it. The Spear Pillar and Distortion world are based entirely around Shintoism, so I'd prefer something more cultural like that I suppose. The closest I'd want to see would probably be Mount Olympus and Hades/Tartarus, not really heaven/hell at all, but somewhat close while being a bit more interesting. I'd compare Olympus to Arceus's Spear Pillar & Hades To Giratina & it's Distortion World.
    Akromatic likes this.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast