Team Plasma: Hypocritical or Fridge Brilliant?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team Plasma: Hypocritical or Fridge Brilliant?

Blog Entries

Default Team Plasma: Hypocritical or Fridge Brilliant?

A lot of people criticize Team Plasma for using Pokemon in battle while being an organization dedicated to freeing Pokemon from people. Calling them hypocritical, if you will.

While I know that everyone has their own opinions about anything, I'm surprised that those critics fail to see the Fridge Brilliance behind Team Plasma. If a Pokemon syndicate was going to free Pokemon all on their own, they'd need Pokemon in case anyone will go up against them with their own Pokemon. Without Pokemon to assist them, they'd be helpless on their own. Despite how hypocritical it seems, they need to use Pokemon to free Pokemon. Fight fire with fire.

What do you think?

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Team Plasma: Hypocritical or Fridge Brilliant?

I don't consider them hypocritical...more like they realize that you need to break a few eggs to get some things done, and the ultimate outcome is what matters.

Didn't really bother me, especially as I imagine quite a few of the grunts were probably in it for power more than the cause, like how Team Galactic's grunts had no clue about Cyrus' goal, they just wanted to cause trouble.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Big the Budo View Post
    I don't consider them hypocritical...more like they realize that you need to break a few eggs to get some things done, and the ultimate outcome is what matters.
    And yet, some don't get this.

Well, if everybody else frees their Pokemon but they keep theirs, then they will be the most powerful people in the land...

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

I'd say it's something similar to Roy Mustang's goal in Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood:

Also, there's Celestial Being in Mobile Suit Gundam 00, who aim to eradicate war...using force. Yet, through the run of the show, it actually works.

I'd say the main reason Team Plasma use Pokémon, is it's the most reliable force in the Pokémon world, and the only way to get your voice heard is through force.

Then we get to Ghetsis' real goal:

Blog Entries

How is that fridge brilliance. More like common sense with a little Captain Obvious.

Also the fact that the grunts are seen beating a Munna to get its dream smoke shows that only N and his sages (that aren't Geechis) take their role seriously.

Whats real fridge brilliance is N using Pokémon as he only uses Pokémon found in the local routes (except for his last team). The rest of Team Plasma is just nothing.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 25th February 2011 at 09:45 PM.

Blog Entries

"You can't make an omlet without blowing up a few eggs" - Andy from Red vs. Blue
    I don't always resist, but when I do, it's with The Resistance. Stay resistant, my friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Defense
    After all, what is a Resistance member if he doesn't resist?

The majority of Team Plasma are hypocrites, though, sorry.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Blog Entries

To me it is a little hypocritical but I can forgive it because...well, what other options do you have for using force? I mean, firearms and other weapons don't exist.

But it is possible some of the grunts in Team Plasma just want to cause trouble and do not buy into their beliefs.
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Drakon View Post
    To me it is a little hypocritical but I can forgive it because...well, what other options do you have for using force? I mean, firearms and other weapons don't exist.
    If the Galactic bomb in DP proves anything, they clearly do have other weapons, but what are you going to do? Pidove Vs. Gun?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Outrage View Post
    If the Galactic bomb in DP proves anything, they clearly do have other weapons, but what are you going to do? Pidove Vs. Gun?
    It's also a kid's game. They're obviously not going to have guns. And if there were guns, the pokemon would die instead of faint... and there would be... pokemon. What? Were you expecting me to say blood? No! I drink your milkshake! (Not off topic at all)
    I don't always resist, but when I do, it's with The Resistance. Stay resistant, my friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Defense
    After all, what is a Resistance member if he doesn't resist?

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Outrage View Post

Also the fact that the grunts are seen beating a Munna to get its dream smoke shows that only N and his sages (that aren't Geechis) take their role seriously.

Whats real fridge brilliance is N using Pokémon as he only uses Pokémon found in the local routes (except for his last team). The rest of Team Plasma is just nothing.

Agreed fully, the N using Only-Pokémon-from the area, is really well thought out IMO, and really awesome at the same time.

Surrender now or carry on Bikini Miltank's Avatar Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Drakon View Post
    Perhaps try persuading people through rational arguments?

Honestly, though, Team Plasma are hypocrites. The sole exception is N, who honestly believes that Pokémon would be better off being separate from people. But even he was carefully manipulated into this position, his worldview carefully engineered by others.

Blog Entries

To be fair, the world does seemingly revolve around conflict being solved with Pokémon battles.

Dangan Ronpa avatar and sig pic by me. Bases from here.
    3DS Friend Code: 1177-7801-6992. Friend Safari is Psychic with Abra, Espurr and Xatu. If you add me, let me know!
    Me on LiveJournal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bikini Miltank View Post
    Perhaps try persuading people through rational arguments?
    Perhaps they originally tried and became violent when people failed to listen? Or they just simply saw violence as the easiest and fastest solution because they saw pokémon training as too deeply entrenched for peaceful removal.
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast