Thread: Team Flare Discussion/Speculation

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Default Re: Pokemon X and Y: Villain Team(s) Speculation

Someone like Hunter J would be cool.

The Original Sylveon The Guardian Sylveon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't want the typical team of bad guys we are already used to heck not even a team. I'm just really tired of the generic grunts and how easy they are to defeat (though I am aware that the games are aimed at kids). I want something different and unexpected both name wise and plot wise. For the name (this is just an example) something like The Unity with The in infront. For the bad guys how about the grunts are just cut completely and replaced with a group of about 5 people or 1 them being the head boss in charge and the other 4 you battle at certain parts of the game like your rival (ala N in B/W and Hugh in B2/W2). I don't know but I hope they just change things up this time around.

Team Eeveelution All The Way!!!

Grass-type fanatic Frenzy Plant's Avatar
    Follow Frenzy Plant On Twitter
    Follow Frenzy Plant on Tumblr

Default Re: Villain Team(s) Speculation

As interesting as it was to see eco-activism gone bad in RSE, a misguided madman wanting to improve the world in DPPt and the 'free Pokémon' charade in BW - I long for a plain and simple criminal organisation to make it's return. I want to once again battle normal, every day thieves, I want to be appalled by what they'll do for money and I want to be compelled to take my Chespin and stop them because they're greedy and bad, not because they want to do something ridiculously drastic like restart the world.

I don't care what gender the main villain is. It's 2013. Gender is irrelevant. The only issue with the main villain being female is the relentless, intolerable, fawning over her that will come from fantasists, the same treatment Cynthia gets. I hope they make her deliberately ugly, to piss off all the people who would fuck a Gardevoir but not a Jynx.
    Last edited by Frenzy Plant; 25th January 2013 at 10:53 PM.
    I do regular Pokémon giveaways on Tumblr, click here and come trade with me!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frugrow View Post
    Anyone else noticed how the villain's clothing are usually related to the legendary mascots? For BW, they wore medieval inspired clothing since Reshiram and Zekrom are both dragons from ancient time.
    Technically, so is Kyurem. But in BW2, Neo-team Plasma looked more like pirates than knights.
    Pecking order

Got dat Kalos swag Sir Fabulous's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm a fan of the GRAMPS theory, so here's my two cents. If the X and Y have to do with genetics, it should be called Team Splice, as in gene-splicing (which Plasma already did, but there could be a larger emphasis on it). If the X and Y have to do with graphs, then it should be called Team Sigma, as in statistics that can be graphed. I want a Hunter J type leader, female obviously, but ugly and repulsive.
    YamiiDenryuu likes this.
    I have claimed: Staraptor (01/12/13), Shiny Stone (02/12/13), and Limber (02/12/13).

I would really like the dual-team thing again. It may suit up to the Legends of each game as well. In X, you have the deer thing, and you have Team So and So, but in Y, they are the good guys, and the other team are the bad guys, if you get where I'm coming from. Also, there needs to be a twist, something like the fact that your Dad is the leader of the bad team.
    Hello Everyone! This is my signature. It is useful.

Forever Lacking Rhythm Konoko Hasano's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Keasbey View Post
    As interesting as it was to see eco-activism gone bad in RSE, a misguided madman wanting to improve the world in DPPt and the 'free Pokémon' charade in BW - I long for a plain and simple criminal organisation to make it's return. I want to once again battle normal, every day thieves, I want to be appalled by what they'll do for money and I want to be compelled to take my Chespin and stop them because they're greedy and bad, not because they want to do something ridiculously drastic like restart the world.

I don't care what gender the main villain is. It's 2013. Gender is irrelevant. The only issue with the main villain being female is the relentless, intolerable, fawning over her that will come from fantasists, the same treatment Cynthia gets. I hope they make her deliberately ugly, to piss off all the people who would fuck a Gardevoir but not a Jynx.
    Corrupt scientists deciding to make money by performing illegal experiments on Pokemon, splicing DNA, and all sorts of other things like that? Not for the sake of world domination, but for money? Complete and total immoral ideals with a disregard for basic Pokemon life that make you pretty much DESIRE to kick their asses?

The people who would desire to screw a Gardevoir weird me out. There's much more to Gardevoir beyond the appearance that makes it an interesting Pokemon... Gothitelle as well. It's those kind of people who make others who like those Pokemon look bad. D:<

Also, I think Jynx is adorable in her own special way.

The Original Sylveon The Guardian Sylveon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Konoko Hasano View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keasbey View Post

Corrupt scientists deciding to make money by performing illegal experiments on Pokemon, splicing DNA, and all sorts of other things like that? Not for the sake of world domination, but for money? Complete and total immoral ideals with a disregard for basic Pokemon life that make you pretty much DESIRE to kick their asses?

The people who would desire to screw a Gardevoir weird me out. There's much more to Gardevoir beyond the appearance that makes it an interesting Pokemon... Gothitelle as well. It's those kind of people who make others who like those Pokemon look bad. D:<

Also, I think Jynx is adorable in her own special way.
    Yeah I agree 100% with what your saying about Gardevoir and the other Humanoid Pokémon, I mean I love Gardevoir but not to the extent of were others go overboard with it. Also like some may critize Jynx and make her seem like the creepiest thing ever I don't she's actually one of my favorites from Generation 1 and she needs an Evolution to make her even more badass.

Team Eeveelution All The Way!!!

Blog Entries

Gene theory: ...yeah, they wont be able to pull off a gender fusion/separation team.
    Coordinate theory: want to expand the universe ( I don't know)
    light/sound theory: inhibit artistic expression

Follow scarlettpeony on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post
    I really really do not hope the only way to have a female boss of an organization is to have the organization itself composed of all females >_> Aside from that, a guy vs girls team sounds kinda childish after what we just got with Team Plasma. Just what are they suppose to be fighting about?

Male grunt member: "Female Pokemon are weak and everybody knows males are the best!"
    Female grunt member: "No way! Female Pokemon have charms that males know nothing about and they are also stronger! Anything a males can do we can do better!"

Then the story ends with everyone learning how Pokemon breed and the sexes make peace. Overall, no thanks. I hope whatever theme they get will be as deep and hopefully deeper than what BW 1 TP's was. I really liked the idea of the antagonist making you think and question your motives, and it should be done more often.
    I think the storyline would more likely concern genetics. Maybe the modification of Pokemon to "make them better" or something like that. One thing is certain; after N and Team Plasma they really need to come up with a good plot line for the new games. One of the reasons I loved BW so much is because it actually forced me to try and justify the way I used Pokemon. How many games make you question that? I definitely would like to see a female antagonist and I am not opposed to two teams. I thought the use of two teams was a good idea in RSE, especially in the first games with one team being Environmentalist Activists and the other team being Activists against the Activists.

As I said before, the franchise seems to like to draw from real life groups that are known to have decent arguments but also double standards. The question of genetic manipulation is a big question for which there are activists for and against. While I know cloning has been covered with Pokemon like Mewtwo in RBY, it wasn't really the focus of the Kanto games nor was Mewtwo really part of the story. So to focus the games on genetic manipulation (of Pokemon) and the arguments for or against "The Power of Science" is still up for grabs.

I hope any of that made sense. I guess what I'm saying is, I'd like to see a female boss leader of a pro-genetics organization maybe and maybe a male boss leader of a group trying to sabotage the oragnization. And maybe you play it like the female boss is the goodie and the male boss is the baddie, but then two thirds of the way through its revealed to be the other way around and so on. IDK, it makes sense better in my head.
    Narcisse likes this.

+ Black 2: 2581 1942 8822
    Serperior - Magmortar - Lucario - Zororak - Espeon - Vaporeon

Nyx

I would love it if the new Team tried to combine human with Pokemon DNA in an attempt to create "enhanced humans". That would go horribly wrong, obviously.
    Narcisse and Berrenta like this.

Honestly, I could see this having a post-B2W2 story with N running off to the new region, but as far as teams go it'll be some unoriginal trash like Galactic and Plasma. I liked Galactic but Plasma seemed almost the same, although N and Ghetsis were in a class of their own. I could see them mixing it up and making two teams again, who knows?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Warrior View Post
    I would love it if the new Team tried to combine human with Pokemon DNA in an attempt to create "enhanced humans". That would go horribly wrong, obviously.
    Oh, I can get behind this. I can see a second team being made that is against this idea and after a little while having the player character being thrown right in the middle of it.
    Narcisse likes this.

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Okay, so I guess this is the appropiate topic given it's related.

But I want, for at least the climax of the story, to battle a non-pokémon. A machine, some sort of creature, whatever. But it simply isn't a pokémon.

They have already started doing things like that, too. In Pokémon Rumble Blast and Mystery Dungeon the final bosses are malevolent entities.

And in the main series, in B2W2 you could have mock-up battles with props for movies. These had their own stats and characteristics and basically run on an engine on top of the normal battle engine.

So who knows, maybe that sets a precedent for fighting something that isn't a pokémon. It could work with some of the things you guys are suggesting, like the boss decides to give him/herself a psycho serum thing to gain superpowers and you literally fight him/her in a likewise uniquely coded battle.
    Berrenta likes this.

[/overexposition]

Even Rocky had a Montage AlphaMouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Paris is full of petty criminals that try to scam you, so maybe the evil gang should just be a Rocket-esque petty bunch of thieves. I definitely didn't want an idealistic one, especially since they said they were trying to make a storyline enjoyable by all.

Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast