SPOILERS: Team Flare Discussion/Speculation - Page 7

Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Like Tree488Likes

Thread: Team Flare Discussion/Speculation

El_
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon X and Y: Villain Team(s) Speculation

I really really do not hope the only way to have a female boss of an organization is to have the organization itself composed of all females >_> Aside from that, a guy vs girls team sounds kinda childish after what we just got with Team Plasma. Just what are they suppose to be fighting about?

Male grunt member: "Female Pokemon are weak and everybody knows males are the best!"
    Female grunt member: "No way! Female Pokemon have charms that males know nothing about and they are also stronger! Anything a males can do we can do better!"

Then the story ends with everyone learning how Pokemon breed and the sexes make peace. Overall, no thanks. I hope whatever theme they get will be as deep and hopefully deeper than what BW 1 TP's was. I really liked the idea of the antagonist making you think and question your motives, and it should be done more often.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post
    I really really do not hope the only way to have a female boss of an organization is to have the organization itself composed of all females >_> Aside from that, a guy vs girls team sounds kinda childish after what we just got with Team Plasma. Just what are they suppose to be fighting about?
    I was thinking similarly - you can't really base a storyline about two teams that think they're better than the other because they're male/female. It wouldn't be very interesting.

Although a female team leader would be a nice change.

I thought or a reverse Team Plasma - instead of fighting for the rights of Pokemon, they're fighting for the rights of humans, based on an ideology that people have spent far too long relying on Pokemon and their unique powers, and we need to realize our own inner potential.
    UnovaCastaway likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayde View Post
    "OH HOT DAMN! LOOK AT THAT FUCKING BELL! IT'S SMALL AND CUTE AND HAS A FUCKING RIBBON ON IT'S FUCKING HEAD! BACK THIS PARTY VAN UP! I GOTTA CATCH THAT SHIT!!"

Blog Entries

If we go by the space theme for the names they can be a team of super crazy people who want to destroy existence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    I'd like to see a female main villain for once. In Gen IV we had the first female champion, Gen V had the first female professor...
    I would really like that.
    Rhonda: Okay, Curly, I admit it. I'm your secret admirer. And the truth is, no matter how hard I try and fight it, [reading off her hand] I'm really, really wild about you. In fact, I've fallen crazy in love. So what do you say? How does that make you feel?
    Curly: Give Daddy some sugar. (kiss)

Blog Entries
    Follow Magmaster12 On Twitter
    Visit Magmaster12's Youtube Channel

I think there might be two evil teams, each them will be going after Xerneas and Yveltal separately. Who ever captures either pokemon will be able able to control large sums of pokmon that are there decedents. The teams goal is to make a giant army of pokemon to take over the world.

My guess is a team that will use Yveltal or Xerneas to genetically modify pokemon to make them more powerful.

Registered User Mamasoftshellturtle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Mamasoftshellturtle on Facebook
    Visit Mamasoftshellturtle's Youtube Channel

Team Rocket were pokemon theives and Team Plasma preached the immorals of keeping pokemon as companions(i think.not too sure about team plasma). Well, the plot seems to get more serious with every generation so I think the villains of gen 6 would deal with genetics or how humans and pokemon are different and that humans are just really weak pokemon(idk)? And they're jealous of pokemon, who are stronger than humans, so they need to find a serum or energy source (which obviously brings in the 2 legendarys) in order to change the humans dna structure to make them become more powerful? Kinda goes along with some of your ideas
    Magmaster12 likes this.
    Amyda Nakornsrithammarajensis

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Maybe the evil team's goal since there seems to be a Genetic theme is that they are messing with the genes of Pokemon/genetically engineering Pokemon to make them super powerful or something, and your goal is to stop them, I can see that being the kind of goal for an evil team.

I'm envisioning a villainous team that have already caught the legendary Pokemon and are using its genes to mess with the genes of other Pokemon, making them more powerful and/or giving them abilities/moves that they normally can't learn, and it's your task to rescue the legendary Pokemon and bring down the team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayde View Post
    "OH HOT DAMN! LOOK AT THAT FUCKING BELL! IT'S SMALL AND CUTE AND HAS A FUCKING RIBBON ON IT'S FUCKING HEAD! BACK THIS PARTY VAN UP! I GOTTA CATCH THAT SHIT!!"

I really like the idea of the villainous team leader being related to the PC. D8 That would make for an intense story line, I hope.
    Berrenta likes this.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

The 'unShiny' Umbreon! unShinyUmbreon's Avatar

I really hope they take a Ruby and Sapphire villain approach in the new games. Hopefully they won't be as stupid as Maxie and Archie though, I mean really. Is it really that hard to match the orbs to each pokemon? Blue orb is Kyogre since that is the Pokemon out of the two that is blue. And vice versa.

I am going to assume the plot is about a coming world crisis. The villains (I will refer refer to them as Team Omega) known this. Team Omega warns people of the coming danger. No one believes them and they start attacking people and thus are listed as an evil organization. You find out their Leader is your father. The truth is that eventually Team Omega acquires Xerneas or Yveltal and use their powers to deceive the world. However they lose control of Xerneas or Yveltal because only someone with a pure heart can control them. Thus, Xerneas or Yveltal become corrupted and go on a rampage. Team Omega then try to kill (I mean stop) them but, do so in inhumane ways. You must stop them and then capture the Legendary.
    Sounds Farfetch'd and probably won't come true but, that's what I would like to see in a Pokemon Game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
    I thought or a reverse Team Plasma - instead of fighting for the rights of Pokemon, they're fighting for the rights of humans, based on an ideology that people have spent far too long relying on Pokemon and their unique powers, and we need to realize our own inner potential.
    Except their motives would just be essentially the same - separating humans from Pokemon. I'd rather have a team with an original motive for doing things.

...That said, a motive based on mutations and genetic engineering is interesting, and certainly appears to be the most likely plot. It may be similar to what Team Rocket did in the first movie and various manga, but that was canon in the anime and manga only.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Blog Entries

I just want to see them try to take over through massive quantities and qualities of brute force.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TerraWolf View Post
    How do I put this the easy way. RSE ran at 60 fps, likely taking up a large amount of space.
    Um, not to offend, but that's not how it works. The framerate a game runs in has nothing to do with neither the content nor the density.

How much space do the games take has been pretty much irrelevant since they made Blue in Japan. The only space issues they might have if anything is with the system's memory, which simply prevents them from do things when the game is running.
    Text and NPC behavior and cutscene scripts take pretty much a minuscule amount of space in comparision to everything else. And a bunch of textures and models aren't that big of a deal, either.

And in any case, design choices ultimately have the priority. That RSE had different teams on each game was above all a design choice, not that they couldn't fit both in the games (nevermind they are, just with lines replaced because it'd be pointless to make two scenes and needlessly complicate the code to call each when you can just change a few words).

If these games have different teams in each, it will be a design choice and the size of the cartridge will have nothing to do with it. And most likely resources for both will be in both games anyways.

[/overexposition]

Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast