SPOILERS: Team Flare Discussion/Speculation - Page 6

Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Like Tree488Likes

Thread: Team Flare Discussion/Speculation

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon X and Y: Villain Team(s) Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by scarlettpeony View Post
    So basically we've had Mafia, Environmentalists, Cult-Like Religion and Pokemon-rights activists. It seems that Pokemon games do tend to choose groups from real-life who, to put it bluntly, can be corrupt and two-faced in their standards and plans. If we base it on the game titles of X and Y, then maybe it will be a Gender War of some kind? Maybe Yveltal represents masculinity (Y) often associated with the sky while Xerneas represents femininity (X) associated with the earth in Europeon Celtic mythology. It's hard for me not to look at Xerneas and not think of the Sacred Hart.

I think we could well have dual enemy teams again like in RSE and maybe the first female leader in a main series game.
    This is probably the most valid idea I've seen so far, especially with XY being based in what could be a much condensed Europe, we could have a Celtic Team, one with a male leader and one with a female. It would be nicer for the Villain team you face to be based on gender though. It can't take up too much data to do a literal body swap.
    suttonmitchell likes this.

Follow scarlettpeony on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by TerraWolf View Post
    This is probably the most valid idea I've seen so far, especially with XY being based in what could be a much condensed Europe, we could have a Celtic Team, one with a male leader and one with a female. It would be nicer for the Villain team you face to be based on gender though. It can't take up too much data to do a literal body swap.
    While I was typing that thought occurred to me too. The games have slowly been bringing in differences depending on the version you play, and did have differences depending on the gender of the player with the whole Curtis/Yancy sideplot in BW2 and other minor things like the types of people waiting at the ferris wheel or how the guy at the lift treats you in the gen 5 games.

So having differences in the villainous teams and the way their conduct themselves around you would be interesting. Maybe, if there are two teams - one with a male leader, the other a female leader - between the two games (X being female one, Y being male one) their attitude towards you as a player changes depending on the gender you chose. It can't be too hard to change the dialogue depending on the characters gender. It's only logical that a female orientated team might initially try to convince the girl trainer to join them, while the male orientated team would see potential in the boy... while if you play as the oppose gender, you are seen as a nuisance that keeps getting in the way.

+ Black 2: 2581 1942 8822
    Serperior - Magmortar - Lucario - Zororak - Espeon - Vaporeon

Follow vulpix On Twitter Add vulpix on Google+
    Follow vulpix on Tumblr

This is a random thought, but I want the main character's father to be the leader of the villainous team.
    suttonmitchell and Berrenta like this.
    (I am "vulpix" in the bulbagarden irc chat! Come talk to me!) (I like black women!)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scarlettpeony View Post
    While I was typing that thought occurred to me too. The games have slowly been bringing in differences depending on the version you play, and did have differences depending on the gender of the player with the whole Curtis/Yancy sideplot in BW2 and other minor things like the types of people waiting at the ferris wheel or how the guy at the lift treats you in the gen 5 games.

So having differences in the villainous teams and the way their conduct themselves around you would be interesting. Maybe, if there are two teams - one with a male leader, the other a female leader - between the two games (X being female one, Y being male one) their attitude towards you as a player changes depending on the gender you chose. It can't be too hard to change the dialogue depending on the characters gender. It's only logical that a female orientated team might initially try to convince the girl trainer to join them, while the male orientated team would see potential in the boy... while if you play as the oppose gender, you are seen as a nuisance that keeps getting in the way.
    I just don't see them having two separate Villainous teams on two separate games other than for money. The 3DS cartridge maxes out at 2 GBs I believe can can be upgraded to 4 GBs. Anything is entirely possible.

is back for 2014 S.S. Shadow Minun's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow S.S. Shadow Minun On Twitter Add S.S. Shadow Minun on Facebook
    Visit S.S. Shadow Minun's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by vulpix View Post
    This is a random thought, but I want the main character's father to be the leader of the villainous team.
    Not a bad idea, but you want this "Pulseman effect" happen? Remember in that day in the Pulseman game, the titular main character's father becomes a villain group leader. I bet Game Freak won't do this again after Pulseman.

I want Vikings.
    MetalKing1417 likes this.
    V Faction: Bulbatized

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3136 - 6603 - 1330

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by vulpix View Post
    LOL Star Wars XDD We get to see another "I AM YOUR FATHER!!" XDD

That would be pretty awesome, imo.

The Science Overlord carboncopy's Avatar

I hope the new evil team would start with S, coz with would fit the GRAMPS rumor.
    Blue calls oak Gramps. The full form is Galactic Rocket Aqua Magma Plasma S<something>.
    So the gen 6 team should start with S !

KYOGRE ! THE GOD OF THE SEA ! THE SLUMBERING GIANT !
    Did you Know that there is a Protein Called Pikachurin, As this Protien is Supposed to Be As Fast And Nimble As Pikachu ?
    For More Cool Science Facts Click Here.

Follow Season On Twitter Add Season on Facebook

Team Spectrum would be quite fitting with the whole Genetics/DNA theme going on. ^

Anyone else think this could be the hideout? It has a villainous team look to it and it resembles the one from Pokemon Colosseum.

2extzm0.png

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

I just don't see them having two separate Villainous teams on two separate games other than for money.
    Archie and Maxie are sad you have forgotten them.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakeshi View Post
    I just don't see them having two separate Villainous teams on two separate games other than for money.
    Like I said in an earlier post. The 3DS game carts can max out at 4 GBs. I could see GF filling that up
    suttonmitchell likes this.
    Personal Youtube: TerraTF

Follow my Pokemon Y Nuzlocke here

Shinies are just a palette swap. If its not bred well, don't use it.

is back for 2014 S.S. Shadow Minun's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow S.S. Shadow Minun On Twitter Add S.S. Shadow Minun on Facebook
    Visit S.S. Shadow Minun's Youtube Channel

Team X and Team Y, both are Mafia accross the new region which steals player's items (including Poké Balls). They will also involve in drug trafficking and illegal gambling. I want to see either one have a female leader.

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Like I said in an earlier post. The 3DS game carts can max out at 4 GBs. I could see GF filling that up
    You realize though just how big 4 GB's is right? I think they have plenty of room. Besides, the coding of the region and pokemon will be taking up the bulk of the space. Creating two different stories on two different chips wouldn't be that difficult. You're literally using the space for the same purpose: The plot.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries

You realize though just how big 4 GB's is right? I think they have plenty of room. Besides, the coding of the region and pokemon will be taking up the bulk of the space. Creating two different stories on two different chips wouldn't be that difficult. You're literally using the space for the same purpose: The plot.
    How do I put this the easy way. RSE ran at 60 fps, likely taking up a large amount of space. Its very likely that they can fit two villainous teams on one game
    Personal Youtube: TerraTF

Follow my Pokemon Y Nuzlocke here

Shinies are just a palette swap. If its not bred well, don't use it.

I kind of like the idea of a male vs. female set of teams. Seems like a rather humorous use of the battle of the sexes theme!

Though if they don't go with that theme, I'd still like to see a female boss! I'm still surprised there hasn't been a female team leader yet. When I was little I used to think Maxie was a girl because my child brain assumed Maxie was a girl's name. Imagine my surprise years later while looking information up online when I found out he was a man! When does the head villain get to be a lady! I've been waiting ages!
    An IceFox who prefers fire types? That's... interesting.
    I'm more partial to blues and greens as well~

Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast