Summarizing the opinions on the Poison type against the Water type - Page 7

View Poll Results: Should the Poison type become super-effective against the Water type in the next gen?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

35 59.32%
  • No

24 40.68%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Summarizing the opinions on the Poison type against the Water type

Follow metalamor on Tumblr

Default Re: Summarizing the opinions on the Poison type against the Water type

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by metalamor View Post
    Just a random thought concerning a poison type Pokemon...I think Koffing/Weezing should explode when hit by fire moves...you know, noxious gasses that are extremely flammable.
    Will it be more like Seldestruct/Explosion where the opponent survives, or will it be an instant OHKO? Regardless, Weezing still enjoys its Levitate ability.
    Kind of like selfdestruct, but slightly less powerful than it and explosion. In multiple battles it hits everything. However I am still torn on whether survivors are ultimately poisoned by it.

Blog Entries

Yes, because poison is only se on grass, and I really wanted to try a Seviper on my team, but it didn't help. Grass already has the super common Bug, Flying, and Fire and some others. Poison types would be a lot more useful if it could be used against two types.

N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N !!!!!!!!!!!

Add Chiss on Facebook

That sounds really cool. It should be an ability next gen.

Quote Originally Posted by Grass Type Trainer View Post
    If Water gets a nerf, then the logical assumption is that Water type usage would decline (though since it's Poison we're talking about, it would be laughable to presume Water types would all of a sudden fall into disuse, meaning they'd still be very prominent, just less so than right now.) If Water type usage declines, then Grass types have less reason to be used, therefore Grass type usage declines.
    Having a water type on the team is almost essential. Surf HM. 150 Pokemon can learn it, and 106 of them are water types. I can't see water usage ever declining by much.

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If Water gets a nerf, then the logical assumption is that Water type usage would decline (though since it's Poison we're talking about, it would be laughable to presume Water types would all of a sudden fall into disuse, meaning they'd still be very prominent, just less so than right now.) If Water type usage declines, then Grass types have less reason to be used, therefore Grass type usage declines.
    Having a water type on the team is almost essential. Surf HM. 150 Pokemon can learn it, and 106 of them are water types. I can't see water usage ever declining by much.
    He isn't talking about ingame use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Clowncrete View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He isn't talking about ingame use.
    I think he's talking about both ingame use and competitive use. Most Water Pokémon have Surf as one of their moves (some prefer Scald or Hydro Pump, but I think it's safe to say that Surf is still the most popular).

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567