Summarizing the opinions on the Poison type against the Water type - Page 3

View Poll Results: Should the Poison type become super-effective against the Water type in the next gen?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

35 59.32%
  • No

24 40.68%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Summarizing the opinions on the Poison type against the Water type

The Dude Abides

Default Re: Summarizing the opinions on the Poison type against the Water type

I think Poison should be supereffective against Fighting, under the idea that poison ruins vigor and will to fight. But mostly because a lot of my favorites are poison types.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

No, the types have stayed the same for 5 generations already, no need to change them.

If you want to give Poison types another type advantage, just make a new type, that's pretty much why Dark and Steel types were introduced in Gen 2 to add some more balance due to Psychic types being overpowered in Gen 1, that's the best way to do this.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robo-Floatzel View Post
    No, the types have stayed the same for 5 generations already, no need to change them.
    Since they were changed in Generation 2, they have stayed the same for only 3 generations.
    And there is no problem in changing them now, if it is for the sake of a better gameplay and metagame.

There is no need for creating a new type if you can fix what is wrong with the current ones.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robo-Floatzel View Post

If you want to give Poison types another type advantage, just make a new type, that's pretty much why Dark and Steel types were introduced in Gen 2 to add some more balance due to Psychic types being overpowered in Gen 1, that's the best way to do this.
    Can you think of a new type that Poison would be SE against? And please don't say Light type, because it's been beaten to death by everybody. Psychic types overpowered because of the majority of Kanto's Pokemon being Posion and the severe lack of strong Bug and Ghost type Pokemon/moves. They could've easily have Bug types resist Psychic type rather than Steel, whose resistance to Psychic makes no sense due to twisted spoons.

Someone mentioned that Poison types should be SE against Fighting, and while that's also a good idea, we're more focused on Water types because it's more overpowered than Fighting.

Following that logic, almost every type should be super effective or regularly effective as it isn't that hard to bend spoons if you are really trying to. Thicker steel isn't bent as easily, and when metals are used in construction, they are considerably denser than a spoon.

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The solute (poison) being dropped into the solvent (water) results in a Super Effectivity, as it causes a reaction.

Meanwhile, dilution consists in there being more amount of solvent than what the solute is able to effect, so it is a Neutrality. You don't "dissolve the poison with the water", it simply reacts with that little water, then as more water is added it can dissolve past its saturation point, and then with even more water is washed away.

With natural water, anyways.

But then again, it's not like physics or chemistry matter in pokémon. Specially with how loose the "generic poison" is.

[/overexposition]

Follow metalamor on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletproof Scales View Post
    There's already a handful disputable type anomalies (psychic vs steel, bug vs ghost etc), but none that's strikingly opposite to reality as this would be (I expect more posts lecturing everybody about this in an angry fashion). I'd still support it, though, seeing as a strong poison stab would be interesting, if not in place.
    I always wondered about psychic v. steel. The whole bending the metal spoon with telekenisis thing should at least make psychic normally affect steel. But I guess the whole concept of a steel Pokemon is that the metal is too strong to bend.
    I personally have always thought that electric should be super effective against psychic because of the possibility of electromagnetic forces manipulating brainwaves. It would have certainly balanced out the Gen 1 games :P
    If you really want to give the poison type more power while having type alignments make sense, make it super effective against fighting. A fighter has to be in peak physical condition to do his best, right? Poisoning would weaken their bodies so that they're less effective (unless you want to argue it's like the psychic/steel thing and the fighting Pokemon are in too good a shape to be overly affected by poison).
    I generally don't like poison-type Pokemon (except for some of the paired ones like Beedrill, Crobat, etc). I don't think many people do. I have an affinity for Gulpin/Swalot. Sad those aren't in any of the newer games until it's too late to add them to your main team...the one I had in Emerald was a BA :(

Or... let's make Poison super-effective against BOTH Water and Fighting e__e

But the Tentacool family is BOTH water and Poison... what will happen to them?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by boabiol View Post
    The Tentacool family will take neutral hits against Poison if that were the case.

Formerly GTT Grass Type Warrior's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by boabiol View Post
    The Tentacool family will take neutral hits against Poison if that were the case.
    Like Venusaur, and Vileplume, and Roserade, and every other Grass/Poison out there.

It's not rocket science.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

Actually, the only Pokémon that would truly suffer from the change would be the Lotad family.

Blog Entries
    Follow Blue Dragon On Twitter
    Follow Blue Dragon on Tumblr

No I wouldn't personally prefer the Poison type being super-effective against the Water type. My reason is that the Poison type is more of a tactical defensive type and I do not agree, when people say it's an underpowered type.

It's not my most favoured type, but I like the role a Poison type can play in a battle. It's sneaky, tricky, and sticky and the Pokemon in this category have been known to win battles using their tactics alone. It's not meant to be an offensive type and is a difficult type to use, which is one of the reasons I like it.

With the Poison type you have to think and play skill-fully to achieve a rewarding victory.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dragon View Post
    It's not my most favoured type, but I like the role a Poison type can play in a battle. It's sneaky, tricky, and sticky and the Pokemon in this category have been known to win battles using their tactics alone. It's not meant to be an offensive type and is a difficult type to use, which is one of the reasons I like it.
    You're forgetting that the majority of players prefer offense over tactics, and Poison is outclassed as a tactical type by Steel.

Formerly GTT Grass Type Warrior's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dragon View Post
    No I wouldn't personally prefer the Poison type being super-effective against the Water type. My reason is that the Poison type is more of a tactical defensive type and I do not agree, when people say it's an underpowered type.

With the Poison type you have to think and play skill-fully to achieve a rewarding victory.
    How would this change to the type chart affect that? They'd still be a primarily defensive type that requires lots of skill and strategy to use. Only now they're actually effective against a whopping two types instead of one. Oh yeah, I can see it now, Poison is the new Dragon. Step aside Dragonite, Grimer is in the hizzouse.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast