Stuff that's happened to your games - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Stuff that's happened to your games

Follow Ekachu on Tumblr

Default Re: Stuff that's happened to your games

I couldn't find my gold version for the longest time, and when I did, all the data was erased. I tried starting a new game, but it doesn't save. I refuse to throw it out though.

Blog Entries

About a year after meeting my boyfriend, we were discussing growing up playing Pokémon and whatnot and he told me that he had lost touch with the franchise during Gen 3 and had never played any of the Gameboy Advance games. So, I decided to loan him my copy of Sapphire to give him the chance to experience what he'd missed. About a week later he stopped playing it. A year later, by this time my boyfriend was practically living at my house with me and my family, I had asked him where my copy of Sapphire was as I was hankering to play it. He told me that he had left it at his parents house and would bring it back next time he was up. Sure enough, a few weeks later, I got it back from him, but... there was something weird about the game cartridge - now, when it first came out, I played Sapphire religiously, all day every day after school for a full year, I knew this cartridge back to front, inside and out. I immediately picked up on little details - a mark here, a scuff there - that were not right. I called my boyfriend out on it and he said that I was over-thinking and to not start an argument over something silly. That was fair enough and I dropped the subject.

So, skip to a year later - my boyfriend and I got our own house and, while he was at university for the day, I was taking my time to unpack and organize all our stuff. I have a tendency to keep my GBA games in DS cases, so Sapphire lives in the same case as my copy of Diamond. I got all the DS games in their cases on a shelf for easy access and made sure everything was there and in their cases and whatnot - the copy of Sapphire that my boyfriend returned to me, which in my mind was still not my copy, was nestled safely in the case with my copy of Diamond. Perfect. About three hours later, I was going through a box of my boyfriend's stuff which had come from his parent's house and what do I find in there? Sapphire. MY copy of Sapphire. Scuffs and dents and all. And, what was more, it still had my last save file on it - my boyfriend had never even tried to play it. Perplexed, I got the other one from the Diamond case and laid them both on the bed, waiting for my boyfriend to come home. Carrying on with unpacking, I go back to the box I found my copy of Sapphire in and proceed to find a Pokémon Ruby version. What? As far as I had been aware, my boyfriend had by-passed Gen 3... so why did he own copies of both Ruby and Sapphire?

When my boyfriend came home... I confronted him...

This is how it all happened - the day after I loaned him my copy of Sapphire, he had went back to his parents house and casually unpacked his things, not really thinking about where he was putting things as he was only staying for a few days. Upon packing again to return to my parents house, he could not find my copy of Sapphire anywhere. Not having time to think about it as he was running late for the bus, he decided to just let it go and have a proper hunt for it next time he was back at his parents house. It was three months by the time he was next back and, by then, he had completely forgotten about the missing Sapphire. It wasn't until a year after I had loaned it to him that it crossed his mind again as I had asked him where it was. Remembering that he had lost it, he became pretty frantic when up at his parents house. Unable to find it at all there, he felt he only had one option - buy a new one, replace it and pass it off as the same copy. However, as it had only came up in conversation all of twice and as he only had it in his possession a short time and given how frantic and wound-up he was, my boyfriend couldn't remember whether it was Ruby or Sapphire that I had loaned him. So... he bought both copies. For about three weeks after, according to him, my boyfriend kept the new copies on him at all times - Ruby in his left pocket and Sapphire in his right pocket, just waiting for me to ask for whatever one it was back. When I asked for Sapphire, he gave it to me and Ruby was cast into the abyss of his bedroom at his parents house... until his mum and dad packed up all his stuff.

So, the long and short of it is - I now have two copies of Sapphire and one Ruby, all because my boyfriend didn't want to admit to losing my favorite Pokémon game <3
    Yato likes this.

//mahLOVE//mahLIFE//
    //mahART//
    Volcarona avatar made by myself

Blog Entries
    Follow Shadow Raikou On Twitter Add Shadow Raikou on Google+
    Visit Shadow Raikou's Youtube Channel

I got Pokemon White in, I think, three months after it was released. Well, we went on a family vacation. I took my DS and my pokemon games with me. On the train ride back home, beside me was a kid seven or eight years old who was watching me play it. Well, we talked about games and all that. He didn't like Pokemon, through, so we both decided to play Mario Kart. He had a Gameboy Advance on him, with, Mario Kart. Comparing the two versions of Mario Kart was pretty fun. Well, when I came home, two days later I realize that my White is missing. After totally searching my house like a detective, I came to a conclusion that I lost White when I switched to Mario Kart DS, and it was lost in the train.

...I still think it will show up in my house someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Laterna View Post
    So, the long and short of it is - I now have two copies of Sapphire and one Ruby, all because my boyfriend didn't want to admit to losing my favorite Pokémon game <3
    Actually that was pretty sweet.
    Laterna likes this.

They should make all quadruple Pokemon ride able along with Gogoat.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ekachu View Post
    I couldn't find my gold version for the longest time, and when I did, all the data was erased. I tried starting a new game, but it doesn't save. I refuse to throw it out though.
    Your internal battery probably died. This happens to older games, especially the gen 2 ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    My DS wasn't so lucky; now the top screen and part of the shell are part of my nephew's Frankenstein-ish DS. The other screen just crashed and since it's the very first model, one does not simply find selling parts. And the battery is slighty swollen, so I don't think it's very trustful to use it. That's when I decided to buy a 3DS.
    Swollen battery? Just be glad you didn't decide to use it! Lithium based batteries start swelling when they near the end. Then, under use, they will swell more as they release gasses from the inside because of the heat. then, it will blow, spew its gas everywhere for half a second, and then it goes up in a 3000C fireball. Lckily, these kind of things can be noticed way before they happen. It would take a couple more hours of use and someone who doesn't pay attention to their environment at all to get it to do what is above.

I've read some crazy stuff here. Liked the Ruby and Sapphire + boyfriend story and the Pokémon yellow that survived months of snow a lot! Unfortunately, there are also games that didn't survive. SoulSilver, 2010-2012, Rest in Pieces.
    My YouTube Vids (Pokémon White 2, Randomized Emerald and soon Platinum)

-Why don't use Pokémon who you like instead of powerful ones? You'll have fun in every battle and winning gives more satisfaction!

This is when I was a dumbass kid but I let my friend borrow half of my pokemon games so that he can help with something but I can't remember what is was. But later on his cousin stole the games and lost it himself. -____-

Follow scarlettpeony on Tumblr

The most devastating thing that ever happened to one of my games was my Pokemon Emerald. I was just playing normally having beaten the game and playing around the Battle Frotier (I loved that place!) when I was unfortunate enough to encounter the Thunderbolt glitch. Not knowing what it was, I didn't understand when my game crashed. When I tried to switch it back on it said "The save file has become corrupted" and that all my data was lost. I was literally heart broken. Worst of all my cartridge has been iffy ever since.

+ Black 2: 2581 1942 8822
    Serperior - Magmortar - Lucario - Zororak - Espeon - Vaporeon

Blog Entries

Shortly after Prime and I moved to our current locale, I re-found my copy of Crystal and started playing it to death. I mean, I was on that cart every single day, battling the E4, smacking around my Rival, you name it. Then one day, out of the blue, the cart just disappeared. I've yet to find it again and as of right now, I don't know if I want to, as the battery is probably gone. *sigh* All those level 100s, gone forever....

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

The Power of Electricity Jolty94's Avatar
    Follow Jolty94 On Twitter Add Jolty94 on Facebook

Well I have 2 stories to tell. The first being: Before my Mum became an air hostess, she was on Airport ground as a check in lady or w/e it's called? Lol, and sometimes (not often) she got the chance to go onto the planes once they landed after long flights with the cleaners, and she got to pick up loads of free stuff passengers had left that hadn't been claimed! So one day, she comes to me, from work, with a bag... It was filled with literally every Pokémon GBA game (FireRed, LeafGreen, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald). Although I should've been excited, I felt so... so guilty, just thinking of the kid that left this on that plane must have been devastated for weeks/months, so I continued all his games in his name and trained his Pokémon to their full potential in remembrance of the kid that lost them. Haha, it just kept me sane, from the guilt lol.

The 2nd story would have to be November 2011, I went on a trip to Paris with my College, and I'm that kid that literally takes my ds and all my Pokémon games everywhere even if I know they won't get played with over the time. I had just got White version, along with all my other games in my ds carry case that I cherised so much (Platinum, Pearl, MDblue, MDtime, 2 Ranger games, Emerald, Sapphire, FireRed, Heart Gold)........................ So on the way back, we're all tired, just wanna get back to college from the coach after the 4 day trip in Paris......... I get my bag off the coach..... I get home, and I've realized I left my ds, my gameboy advance sp, AND ALL OF MY GAMES on the coach........ It was literally the worst night of my life... and now that I'm 18 going on 19 and learning to provide for myself, I'm still building on the collection I once had... So far all I have back is a Gameboy advance, a 3DS (that broke 3 weeks ago after dropping it ONCE!, I was EXTREMELY annoyed), Black, White, Heart Gold & Emerald............. One day when I have my collection back up again, is when I can smile, haha, hope you enjoyed my story!
    Laterna and Rocky505 like this.
    N is finished yet.

Noble shine! Likeitornot.'s Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I remember being about 7 years old, and finding my brother's Gold in a Lego box. I dropped it back into the box, for whatever reason. Several times, I've scourged through that same Lego Box without any luck on retrieving it, and no one else in my family has ever seen it since I put it back into the Lego Box.
    "I shall have some peace there for peace comes
    dropping slow."
    - Lake Isle of Innisfree, W.B Yeats.

Follow Season On Twitter Add Season on Facebook

My "friend" dropped my Silver version down the drain when I was about 9, we eventually got it back but the file had been erased and the battery had been permanently damged since whenever I saved my game and reset, it would only give me the option to start a new game.

Blog Entries

I threw my GBC with Silver in the air since I was so happy when my Skiploom evolved into Jumpluff. It fell on the ground and took me back several save files, wasn't even at Bugsy's gym. ;_;

The Science Overlord carboncopy's Avatar

I made friends with this older guy. We decided to share our pokemon card collections. I used buy these random cards and he used to trade them and get the best and rarest from many people. But, the cards one still technically with me. I think many of my other friends were jealous of the cards. So, one day all of decided to come to my house. They asked me to see my cards. I was quite gullible at that time, so brought it out. I had kept it in this big box. So, then one of them knows the whole box down and all the cards come out. So, the act nice and pick it up for me. So, after that I go home and then I find out that my Charizard ( the most valuable card back then ) was lost. My friend was furious with me. I think we stopped our sharing after then.
    To this day I'm not a cent % sure what happened. I am kinda sure that those guys stole the card when the dropped the box. Dunno exactly. Anyway, I was stupid back then.

KYOGRE ! THE GOD OF THE SEA ! THE SLUMBERING GIANT !
    Did you Know that there is a Protein Called Pikachurin, As this Protien is Supposed to Be As Fast And Nimble As Pikachu ?
    For More Cool Science Facts Click Here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12