Strongest trainers relying on healing items - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Strongest trainers relying on healing items

Not a Power Ranger Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Strongest trainers relying on healing items

Because being allowed only 2 healing items is relying on healing items right?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I don't really care about this anymore, to be honest. I've been playing Pokemon games for seven years now, and so I got over it years ago. Who cares if Cynthia (just picking a random trainer) uses a Full Restore on her Milotic, which you've taken so long to beat? You're allowed healing items as well, you know. And the main series games are easy enough anyway, so taking away the AI's right to use healing items would make the game even easier.

While I think it would be better to just make the elite 4 champion etc harder to beat would be better than just giving them healing items; however, in my first blind run through White I used more healing items on each battle then the entire E4 did. Unless they disallow the player to use healing items themselves in battle it would only be fair to allow trainers to as well. One thing I liked was it made me think a little harder during the final battles I figured out that the E4 only used 2 Full Restores each so I used my tank (Serperior with coil) to make them use them on their first Pokemon so I could take the rest a little easier and it let me build coil on serperior. This only worked with the physical half of course. In the end them using their healing items was their undoing.
    I am Elso. That's all I can tell you.

My FanFics:
    FireRed&LeafGreen Chronicles (Archived and unfinished) http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/firered-leafgreen-chronicals-129743/#post4222761

A Legendary Spirit Book One http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/legendary-spirit-book-one-pg-13-a-136706/

Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

It's often pretty bloody obvious when they are going to use them, so quite frankly they are often very beneficiary. Ooooh, nice Full Restore, now watch my Swords Dance, GG.

Blog Entries

I don't really have a huge problem with it; most of the time I know it's going to happen so I set up my Golurk for a Focus Punch and snicker that I'm getting a free turn. The only time I've gotten frustrated with an NPC doing this is when I faced Wallace in Emerald. He used two (or was it three?) Full Restores on his Milotic, which got irritating quick. That's the only time I've actually snapped, "Quit healing your stupid Pokemon and freaking lose already!"

But then again, if my precious Riser gets hurt, you better believe I'm going to heal him. So I guess I can be just as annoying.

I don't see what the problem is really. You can use healing items. I think they should be allowed a few healing items to make the game tougher, but I agree its annoying when they use a Full Restore right when you're about to win. It isn't like you can't beat them when they use those items though, it just takes longer.

I completely agree with this. I especially hate it when the opponent lowers your stats and then when he's just about to lose he restores.

It never really bothered me since I can use healing items too, but I'm not going to pretend I don't go "FUCK!" when they use them if I'm in a Whitney type battle. I actually find it challenging and I hope B2/W2 makes trainers use it more in Challenge Mode instead just letting only Cool Trainers/Gym Leaders/Elite Four/Champions use them.

A true gamer is one plays who for fun and appreciates a decent storyline.....even if some games frustrate them.

Hyping over Steven Stone Kyriaki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

I change my mind. Nowadays, I deliberately pick on their weakest and second weakest pokemon and make them waste Full Restores on thrm so I can just smash attacks on their trump card

So I don't mind them as much as I do

Blog Entries

Nah, I don't really care. They just never seemed to pose too much of a problem for me. They're just really annoying, but I don't think they're truly crippling. You can actually do beneficial stuff in that one free turn their heal grants you; a heal of your own, a free shift, whatever.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12