Strongest trainers relying on healing items
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strongest trainers relying on healing items

Default Strongest trainers relying on healing items

I am so mad!!! I truly hate how all the Gym Leaders and Elites Four not only use healing items, but how they rely on them. It's like, oh you're the strongest trainer in all of the region and you have to use recovery items when your pokemon's health gets low.

I'm somewhat thankful that they don't even know what revives are, or God forbid Max Revives.

There i'm done, it felt good to let that all out, thank you for reading

Default Re: I'm Ranting

Oh dear...Arceus knows how many of those healing items I've abused...I bought so many Revives and I had to use so many of those during battles, just to revive a certain Pokemon since it had the advantage.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

I don't like how the gym leaders (and elite four) are allowed to use them.

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

Blog Entries

@Benster404; If you wish to "rant" in the future, please make a blog for the rant instead of making a thread.

Though, if other people do wish to discuss this topic then I'm fine with this thread being left open (it will be getting renamed, however).

Default Re: Strongest trainers relying on healing items

I won't rant about it because the healing items they use are limited. They can only use one, while I can use as many as I want/need. But it is annoying in the end.

Oh, it's absolutely annoying. But on the other hand, we can use them too, so it's not a huge deal. In fact, if I were one of the Gym Leaders/Elite 4, or for that matter, just about any other trainer other than the hero, I'd be pretty upset at the hero always having the advantage.

This comic here illustrates it perfectly:
    Rare Candy Treatment

Poor, poor Blue.

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

I don't like the other strong trainers using Full Restores inside their homeground, but I can understand bosses like Red because he'll probably need a bunch if he wants to keep surviving the harsh environment of Mt. Silver while acxepting challenges from new regional champions every now and then

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

I don't have a problem with it, because it increases the challenge and frustration, thereby making it more satisfying when you win.

Bringing Shinx to Hoenn! Shiny Shinx's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Shinx's Youtube Channel

I think it's cool. I mean, annoying, but cool.

Heheh. I bet this is DEFINITALLY people who play Wonder Launcher Battles feel like. But 10x worse.

I'm a full time Pokemon Breeder! But please visit, I really do appreciate the help.

Ugh, it makes me so mad that those trainers get two Hyper Potions to combat the player character's endless Revives and free switches after every KO. The nerve!

Also Known As BB ^.^ British Banette's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A trainer in 3rd gen uses a full restore on Her zizagoon....and You haven't even beaten a gym leader :/ XD

On the other hand, it sucks when they restore WHEN THERE ON RED (critical HP), and they heal. Specially when they have the type advantage

Kudos to Neodark for the best banner! AWESOME job!

Also Known As BB ^.^ British Banette's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A trainer in 3rd gen uses a full restore on Her zizagoon....and You haven't even beaten a gym leader :/ XD

On the other hand, it sucks when they restore WHEN THERE ON RED (critical HP), and they heal. Specially when they have the type advantage

Kudos to Neodark for the best banner! AWESOME job!

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

I love that!

it makes battles against them that much more memorable, and also harder and more interesting, besides, you can use many more of them yourself anyway.

追放されたバカ

I think it's fair, and I try to limit myself to only using what they use. Hence if they have 2 healing Items according to Serebii, I will allow myself to use 2 healing items (not necessarily the same items) during the match I don't allow myself to go over this limit, and it has caused me to lose occasionally.

I fully heal inbetween E4 matches though. But during an E4 match, I limit myself to the number they can use.

It can definitely be annoying at times (especially if you have type disadvantage).

That's why I'm glad I still have Empoleon with Peck in Gen IV--takes away their Sitrus Berry and uses it himself. Still can't counteract the potion use, but at least that takes something out of the equation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast