The Status of Our Friend Red. - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 59

Thread: The Status of Our Friend Red.

  1. #31
    The Old Schooler
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Wherever my car parks.
    Posts
    26

    Default Re: The Status of Our Friend Red.

    No matter what any other character does, they will always be following in Red's footsteps. He's like the older brother of every PC that they're all trying to live up to.

  2. #32
    I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    With Feliciano, my true love
    Posts
    35,471
    Blog Entries
    256

    Default Re: The Status of Our Friend Red.

    Quote Originally Posted by OddObsession View Post
    Even if you couldn't fly away (I think you can) that doesn't explain why it's hailing. I don't think it usually hails inside of a cave...

    I agree the game isn't canon.
    I like to think that Red is, and always will be, the strongest trainer in the game.
    Yes it is. The original media is always canon.

    Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

  3. #33
    The Antithesis of Fun Feng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    Stanford 2015
    Posts
    1,602
    Blog Entries
    43

    Default Re: The Status of Our Friend Red.

    I like gold. Its cool that he replaced red. I hate red. Yup totally. Yup. Yup. Yup.... yupp. yuup... yupp... yyy--..

    (Actually, they purposely make Gold the new Red.. EHEM GEN 2 WAS A DIRECT SEQUEL OF GEN 1 UNLIKE THE OTHER GEN GAMES[NON REMAKE])

  4. #34
    The True Vanity; ~Vanitas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: The Status of Our Friend Red.

    Your all over thinking it. Red was the main person to beat the 8 gyms, the elite four, defeat a criminal organization and encounter all legendary pokemon in the first gen game. In the 5 or so years in between the gap of Gen 1 and Gen 2, who knows what was accomplished. He could of caught all the pokemon, defeated all johto and beat the elite 4 again and again. He's just in the game to set a challenge for Gold or Soul. Once a trainer beats the best, they know they have accomplished the best.

  5. #35
    I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    With Feliciano, my true love
    Posts
    35,471
    Blog Entries
    256

    Default Re: The Status of Our Friend Red.

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Vanitas View Post
    Your all over thinking it. Red was the main person to beat the 8 gyms, the elite four, defeat a criminal organization and encounter all legendary pokemon in the first gen game. In the 5 or so years in between the gap of Gen 1 and Gen 2, who knows what was accomplished. He could of caught all the pokemon, defeated all johto and beat the elite 4 again and again. He's just in the game to set a challenge for Gold or Soul. Once a trainer beats the best, they know they have accomplished the best.
    1. It was three years
    2. There is no mention of him challenging Johto leaders.
    3. He obviously didn't capture all the pokemon. *coughMEWTWOcough*

    Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

  6. #36
    We are venom to you Venom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,875
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: The Status of Our Friend Red.

    If you are considering the new remakes HGSS as canon doesn't that mean that the 3rd gen remakes FRLG are also canon? if so aren't the rocket admins in the rocket warehouse the same admins that are running the johto branch in HGSS? so doesn't that mean that Red has already beaten neo team rocket?
    Is there anything worse than being all alone in the night?

    Yes... being all alone in a crowd.

  7. #37
    I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    With Feliciano, my true love
    Posts
    35,471
    Blog Entries
    256

    Default Re: The Status of Our Friend Red.

    Quote Originally Posted by Venom View Post
    If you are considering the new remakes HGSS as canon doesn't that mean that the 3rd gen remakes FRLG are also canon? if so aren't the rocket admins in the rocket warehouse the same admins that are running the johto branch in HGSS? so doesn't that mean that Red has already beaten neo team rocket?
    Sort of. He beat them in the Sevii Islands but then they came back.

    And to be honest, we only know he beat Ariana and Archer. No indication of Petrel or Proton (though I am doing my damnedest to find them in those games)

    EDIT: Found the guy who may be Proton. A grunt with a koffing and a zubat in the rocket hideout. Don't remember him? He dropped the lift key.

    EDIT2: Screw it, I'm calling the guy guarding the poster Petrel. He at least has two of the pokemon.
    Last edited by Ryuutakeshi; 26th April 2010 at 03:02 AM.

    Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

  8. #38
    Doc Octillery FTW VeggiePopper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Silent Bridge
    Posts
    4,489
    Blog Entries
    1
    Follow VeggiePopper On Twitter

    Default Re: The Status of Our Friend Red.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakesh! View Post
    Sort of. He beat them in the Sevii Islands but then they came back.

    And to be honest, we only know he beat Ariana and Archer. No indication of Petrel or Proton (though I am doing my damnedest to find them in those games)

    EDIT: Found the guy who may be Proton. A grunt with a koffing and a zubat in the rocket hideout. Don't remember him? He dropped the lift key.

    EDIT2: Screw it, I'm calling the guy guarding the poster Petrel. He at least has two of the pokemon.
    "We only know"? Do Ariana and Archer specifically say Red beat them 3 years ago? While I also believe the new Admins are the grunts who Red fought back in Sevii, I don't remeber any proof of who is who. About the rosters they had when they faced him, well, it's been 3 years so they might have changed their Pokémon.


    Pt: 5285 3562 3697- Veggie
    SS: 5156 5108 0540- Dany
    B1: 0175 8413 2944- Popper
    B2: 1163 7552 4502- Jonatan
    3DS: 1418-6718-4136

  9. #39
    I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    With Feliciano, my true love
    Posts
    35,471
    Blog Entries
    256

    Default Re: The Status of Our Friend Red.

    They don't say Red beat them, no.

    But on Sevii those admins had similar teams, had computers talking about the Lake of Rage plot, and said that they would revive Team Rocket.

    It's a lot of evidence.

    Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

  10. #40
    Doc Octillery FTW VeggiePopper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Silent Bridge
    Posts
    4,489
    Blog Entries
    1
    Follow VeggiePopper On Twitter

    Default Re: The Status of Our Friend Red.

    I get your point, that's why I said I believe that too, I just was wondering if there was any concrete proof besides the teams, but it seems we'll have to go with that one.


    Pt: 5285 3562 3697- Veggie
    SS: 5156 5108 0540- Dany
    B1: 0175 8413 2944- Popper
    B2: 1163 7552 4502- Jonatan
    3DS: 1418-6718-4136

  11. #41
    Registered User The Outrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,173
    Blog Entries
    952

    Default Re: The Status of Our Friend Red.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakesh! View Post

    EDIT: Found the guy who may be Proton. A grunt with a koffing and a zubat in the rocket hideout. Don't remember him? He dropped the lift key.
    That's like most of the rocket grunts.

  12. #42
    I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    With Feliciano, my true love
    Posts
    35,471
    Blog Entries
    256

    Default Re: The Status of Our Friend Red.

    Quote Originally Posted by Outrage View Post
    That's like most of the rocket grunts.
    I know, but he's the only one with just a zubat and koffing.

    I jsut needed a rocket to be my Proton. It has no impact on Red defeating TR. I just mentioned it because it was somewhat related and I go off on tangents a lot.

    Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

  13. #43
    Dragon Master Champion Lance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Indigo Plateau
    Posts
    425

    Default Re: The Status of Our Friend Red.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakesh! View Post
    Yes it is. The original media is always canon.
    What you do in them is not. Just because they player can defeat Red doesn't mean that Ethan or Lyra have officially done so anymore than catching 151 Pokemon in RBY means that Red necessarily has also done so.

    I mean, I've lost miserably against Lance my first time in SS--and as much as I'd like that to mean that Lance is superior to Ethan in the canon, it's just not true. :p

    I mean, one might argue that the main storyline sets up a bare bones of events that must have occured, but facing Red isn't really a part of it.
    "You know that dragons are mythical Pokémon! They’re hard to catch and raise, but their powers are superior!" - Lance

    Princess of Hoenn id peperit.

  14. #44
    The Nice Guy BTJoker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    86

    Default Re: The Status of Our Friend Red.

    Red is certainly epic enough. I'm running through LeafGreen as him now. =P
    SoulSilver FC: 0990 3961 5270
    JP White FC: 3739 5143 2753

  15. #45
    I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    With Feliciano, my true love
    Posts
    35,471
    Blog Entries
    256

    Default Re: The Status of Our Friend Red.

    Quote Originally Posted by Champion Lance View Post
    but facing Red isn't really a part of it.
    Since the credits roll after you beat him, yeah, I'd say he is.

    Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •