Which starter will you get in D/P? - Page 6

View Poll Results: Which starter will you take?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Naetle - the Young Leaf Pokémon, Grass type

17 28.33%
  • Hikozaru - the Small Monkey Pokémon, Fire type

11 18.33%
  • Pochama - the Penguin Pokémon, Water type

32 53.33%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Which starter will you get in D/P?

Real California Cheese. Birdyspot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Al View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinosaurs
    Dinosaurs are by definition repitles.
    Only if you classify Order Reptilia monophyletically. In which case, modern birds, proto-birds, and coelurosaurs are also strictly reptiles. Taxonomy, however, is never that simple. Note that I mindfully constructed the statement as "Reptile /= dinosaur" and not vice versa.

I see you recognize that cold-bloodedness is not a requirement for a "reptile" (one may speak of modern sea turtles' quasi-endothermy, though their metabolisms fluctuate unlike strictly endothermic animals). There is of course contention over the status of sauropod dinosaurs like Brachiosaurus (quasi-warm-bloodedness via gigantothermy), which you brought out to compare to Chikorita. (As an aside, even Meganium wouldn't have the same issues with excess body heat, at less than 2 meters/6 feet in height).

So, it's just that you specifically brought out Brachiosaurus to compare to Chikorita, and then declared that this was the first time two or more starters in a set were based on warm-blooded animals, which is not entirely true as long as one holds that Chikorita's line are supposed to be sauropod dinosaurs. Of course, anyone's entitled to imagine any real-world life form into a given Pokemon. Just checking your real-world facts.

BTW, Wikipedia is not the final word on anything. Far from it. But you knew that already.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw all the final evolved stages on Serebii.net and I didn't really like any of them. So, I'll just go for the grass-type, Naetle, because that's what I always start with.

Meganium ♀ - Beautifly ♀- Ampharos ♂ - Dewgong ♂ - Flygon ♂ - Dragonite ♂

hiding in the darkness shadowslayer 101's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone i'm new to the forum

anyway I am going to get the fire hikozaru because its evos look cool and its got good attacks aswell.
    Last edited by shadowslayer 101; 1st October 2006 at 01:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

the grass turtle. i was originally going to choose the pengui. but after seeing its final evolution which looks like a robot i decided the evolution of the turtle was the only one out of three which looked ok.

Post Thanks / Like

I am going with Hikozaru.

It came down to Pocchama's moves. I felt like it didn't have enough good moves, and plus I needed something Fire that was dual-type.

I'll still get to see Pocchama's final forms, and I imagine I can breed Hikozaru's final form and trade the babies for Pocchama and Naetoru later on.

- Trip
    AIM: Just One Trip
    YIM: murky_krow
    Google Talk murkykrow (at) gmail (dot) com

RabbitEars

Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand... - Rush "Witch Hunt"

Post Thanks / Like

I think I already voted that I'm going with Naetle. But that will be in my Diamond version.

Since voting, I've ordered a copy of Pearl that should be here the end of this week. I'm thinking I'll go with Hikozaru. I'm not too fond of it, but so many people I know plan to go with Pocchama when the english version comes out, that I figure I can always get that from them later.. and I'll be able to trade them a Hikozaru and a Naetle.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456