SPOILERS: Starter Discussion - Page 64

View Poll Results: Which Kalos starter did you choose?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

22 34.38%
  • Fennekin

21 32.81%
  • Froakie

21 32.81%
Page 64 of 160 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast
Like Tree1424Likes

Thread: Starter Discussion

Default Re: Starter Discussion and Speculation

Well, Chespin won't turn into grass flying, and if you want them all with new type combos, then you sould take a quick look at Tropius, Fenniken will probably be pure fire, but i wouldn't mind it being part psycic, just anything BUT fighting, and froakie, well it looks like it kinda has a cloud on it's back, and it's based off of that same frog that the two frog gods in Zelda were based off, so it could become a flying type, although in it's second stage i would want wing, and it being tall, but the wings would have to develope, and be small in the second stage, but snce you said unique, then Pelliper, so Froakie might be a water fighting, but still i don't know...

My Black 2 Friend Code: 0519 5080 4323

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pastafari View Post
    But Chespin evolution will be Grass/Flying
    Fennekin's Fire/Psychic
    Froakie's will be Pure-Water.
    No, how did you get that? I hope there all Pure types, this would add a nice touch to the game ;)
    Pure Fire, Water and Grass types is something we get all the time in every single generation, so I'd rather want the starters to be all dual this time. Starters are supposed to be "special", and imo a lot of potential would be wasted if they decided to go the pure type route across the entire board.

This wasn't the case in Johto, because Meganium and Typhlosion's statuses of being pure Grass and Fire, respectively, were "special" because we didn't have any previous pure Grass or Fire starter back then. The only one that wasn't "special" was Feraligatr, but I don't think people really complained about that. Now, when we've gone through five Generations that has given us more pure typed Starters than dual typed ones (except Fire), I think it's time to make some new Starter type combinations. I guess Fennekin could end up being pure Fire to "balance" things out, but I'd rather see it being dual typed.
    Unfortunately I haven't seen anything special in Froakie !

Formerly GTT Grass Type Warrior's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pure Fire, Water and Grass types is something we get all the time in every single generation, so I'd rather want the starters to be all dual this time. Starters are supposed to be "special", and imo a lot of potential would be wasted if they decided to go the pure type route across the entire board.

This wasn't the case in Johto, because Meganium and Typhlosion's statuses of being pure Grass and Fire, respectively, were "special" because we didn't have any previous pure Grass or Fire starter back then. The only one that wasn't "special" was Feraligatr, but I don't think people really complained about that. Now, when we've gone through five Generations that has given us more pure typed Starters than dual typed ones (except Fire), I think it's time to make some new Starter type combinations. I guess Fennekin could end up being pure Fire to "balance" things out, but I'd rather see it being dual typed.
    Every Generation, people keep begging for dual typed Starters, and every generation bar the fourth, we get at least one that's monotyped.

I remember Gen V, where everyone was saying Serperior would be Grass/Dragon, Emboar would be Fire/Dark, and Samurott would be Water/Fighting. Look what we got.

Even Gen IV wasn't void of disappointment, as it was in that Gen that everyone was sure they'd mix it up and give us a Psychic/Fighting/Dark trio.

While they certainly can change the formula again to give us another round of dual typed Starters, I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

Personally, of the three, I'd rather Fennekin stayed monotype.

Oh, and I don't know what you're talking about, Sceptile, Samurott, and Serperior are all plenty special to me, regardless of type. Starters are made special because they'll be your first Pokemon in a given game, not because their typing is OMGZ!!!1!! unique or dual or whatever.

Look at Venusaur, its typing was all but 'special' in Generation I. We had Oddish and Bellsprout's families that all shared its typing. Charizard shares his typing with two Legendary Pokemon. Before Swampert existed, we had Quagsire, while Whiscash was introduced in the same Generation as Swampert, and Gastrodon came a generation later. And I don't know about you, but I think that at this point, a pure Fire Starter is A LOT more special than yet another Fire/Fighting.

The specialness doesn't come from the typing alone, it also comes from the design, the movepool, the stats, and most importantly, from the fact that the one you chose was your very first Pokemon in that game.

For the record, Meganium, Sceptile, Blastoise, and Serperior all rank among my favorite Pokemon to date, and they're all monotype.
    Last edited by Grass Type Warrior; 14th March 2013 at 11:23 AM.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

destroyer of worlds kingdragon33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grass Type Trainer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Quattro ~ Bajeena View Post
    I know people think Emboar is supposed to be the pig dude from that, but iirc he's based on the Romance of the Three Kingdoms (I'm pretty sure there's a specific character in that known for their red beard I believe which could've inspired Emboar's beard).
    In Romance of the Three Kingdoms, the character of Guan Yu was said to have red skin and a magnificent beard.

There was no character (as far as I can recall) that was famous for his red beard. :S
    Sun Quan was known for his unusual red beard. But i can see more Guan yu in emboar.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grass Type Trainer View Post

Every Generation, people keep begging for dual typed Starters, and every generation bar the fourth, we get at least one that's monotyped.

I remember Gen V, where everyone was saying Serperior would be Grass/Dragon, Emboar would be Fire/Dark, and Samurott would be Water/Fighting. Look what we got.

Even Gen IV wasn't void of disappointment, as it was in that Gen that everyone was sure they'd mix it up and give us a Psychic/Fighting/Dark trio.

While they certainly can change the formula again to give us another round of dual typed Starters, I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.
    Dual typed Starters is just something I'd like to see, because we will already get pure typed Fire/Grass/Water regular Pokemon anyway. It's nothing I'm begging or hoping for, it's just what I'd personally want. I won't mope if all of their final stages turns out to be pure typed.

Oh, and I don't know what you're talking about, Sceptile, Samurott, and Serperior are all plenty special to me, regardless of type. Starters are made special because they'll be your first Pokemon in a given game, not because their typing is OMGZ!!!1!! unique or dual or whatever.
    No, but as we can find pure Fire, Water and Grass type Pokemon everywhere throughout our journey I would just want to see a change of things and have them all be dual typed. Even if there are of course other things that define a Starter, from movepool to design and stats, making them dual typed would, imo, make them just a little more "unique".

Look at Venusaur, its typing was all but 'special' in Generation I. We had Oddish and Bellsprout's families that all shared its typing. Charizard shares his typing with two Legendary Pokemon. Before Swampert existed, we had Quagsire, while Whiscash was introduced in the same Generation as Swampert, and Gastrodon came a generation later. And I don't know about you, but I think that at this point, a pure Fire Starter is A LOT more special than yet another Fire/Fighting.
    I'm not talking about Starter typings being "special" compared to every other Pokemon, I'm talking about Starter typings being "special" compared to other Starters since they sort of belong to their own category, like legendaries. Feraligatr, for example, wasn't "special" in Johto because we already had Blastoise, while Meganium and Typhlosion were "special" because there wasn't any other pure Grass and Fire type Starter before them. Of course every Starter are special in their own way, but this "special" thing was about types alone.

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate

Fennekin's Fire/Psychic
    No, how did you get that? I hope there all Pure types, this would add a nice touch to the game ;)
    I think this is one of the reason's I love Johto, the starter typing doesn't change, unlike the other regions, adding a bit of, how do i say this without sounding like Cilan don't ask me, spice to the region.

Also i'm not picking any starter until there final evolution's come out, then i will pick one by the blink of an eye!
    Just posting some information I read somewhere else, but it has its basis (which I came on my own), like Chespin hat, resembling aviator's hats, or being a squirrel, becoming something like emolga, but bigger and more intimidating. Also, Chespin used aerial ace in the trailer (just look at aerial ace animation in white2, it's the same as the move used by Chespin against Golurk).
    About Fennekin, it used some kind of psychic attack against the Kirlia.
    Froakkie was just using some ramdon physical attack against ¿patrat? (idr).
    Maybe tomorrow (or today, exactly March 15th) we could get more information. Do you like Pinsir and Heracross? XD
    3DS-FC: 0490-4967-8538
    My Safari: Psychic, with Abra, Espurr & Gothorita
    ING: Pablo.

Fennekin's Fire/Psychic
    I think this is one of the reason's I love Johto, the starter typing doesn't change, unlike the other regions, adding a bit of, how do i say this without sounding like Cilan don't ask me, spice to the region.

Also i'm not picking any starter until there final evolution's come out, then i will pick one by the blink of an eye!
    Just posting some information I read somewhere else, but it has its basis (which I came on my own), like Chespin hat, resembling aviator's hats, or being a squirrel, becoming something like emolga, but bigger and more intimidating. Also, Chespin used aerial ace in the trailer (just look at aerial ace animation in white2, it's the same as the move used by Chespin against Golurk).
    About Fennekin, it used some kind of psychic attack against the Kirlia.
    Froakkie was just using some ramdon physical attack against ¿patrat? (idr).
    Maybe tomorrow (or today, exactly March 15th) we could get more information. Do you like Pinsir and Heracross? XD
    Uhhh...
    I dont think they'll get a evo, and I hope that the corocoro will release the final evolution SO bad right now!

My Black 2 Friend Code: 0519 5080 4323

is back for 2014 S.S. Shadow Minun's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow S.S. Shadow Minun On Twitter Add S.S. Shadow Minun on Facebook
    Visit S.S. Shadow Minun's Youtube Channel

Fennekin's Fire/Psychic
    Chespin could be part-Flying because he's based on a chipmunk. Chipmunks are rodents, and this category include flying squirrels and mice. So Chespin's final form will be based on flying squirrel. Fennekin? That's because of his "origins" originated from Nine-tailed Fox (we had Ninetales but it's not part-Psychic), since Nine-tailed Fox can use superpowers (as said in Psychic types) to produce fire. Froakie should be part Poison-type as he is, maybe, based on toads, which are poisonous.

But, wait a minute. Do you got these info from 4chan?

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Shadow Minun View Post
    Fennekin's Fire/Psychic
    Chespin could be part-Flying because he's based on a chipmunk. Chipmunks are rodents, and this category include flying squirrels and mice. So Chespin's final form will be based on flying squirrel. Fennekin? That's because of his "origins" originated from Nine-tailed Fox (we had Ninetales but it's not part-Psychic), since Nine-tailed Fox can use superpowers (as said in Psychic types) to produce fire. Froakie should be part Poison-type as he is, maybe, based on toads, which are poisonous.

I didn't read it fron 4-chan, but in some other spanish-language forum. Maybe they got the info from 4-chan.
    3DS-FC: 0490-4967-8538
    My Safari: Psychic, with Abra, Espurr & Gothorita
    ING: Pablo.

Visit Rocky505's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Shadow Minun View Post
    Fennekin's Fire/Psychic

It's based on a hedgehog not a chipmunk.

"I'm just a passing through Pokemon Trainer,"

is back for 2014 S.S. Shadow Minun's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow S.S. Shadow Minun On Twitter Add S.S. Shadow Minun on Facebook
    Visit S.S. Shadow Minun's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky505 View Post
    It's based on a hedgehog not a chipmunk.
    Chespin is a hedgehog but somebody says he's chipmunk. Anyway. Shaymin is also a Grass-type hedgehog, in its Land Forme. I guess we do need more hedgehogs.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My Starter Speculation right now is for these type...

Chespin: Grass/Bug. Its chestnut shell ends up looking like a caterpillar, with large red spikes and fake bug-eyes on the "antennas" of its hat, while it itself looks more armadillo like. It rolls up and attacks, and when it does it looks like a giant caterpillar rolling up in addition to being an armadillo. Defensive based, but slower than it looks, so it can survive the multitude of super effective-type attacks its Typing is forced to deal with.

Fennekin: Fire/Ground. Fennec are known for living in the desert and such, so it'd end up becoming part-Ground, with its yellow fur turning browner as it evolves. Its ears and tail would end up resembling cactus flowers, giving it a very pretty "desert" look to it. I was thinking it could burrow in the ground and, when it does, its tail sticks out and it looks like a cactus or something. High Physical and Special Attack, decent speed, meaning its a good sweeper, but low defenses. Fennec use their ears to regulate heat, so maybe the flowery ears could absorb the harsh sunlight, giving them the ability to dispel heat.

Froakie: Water/Dark, based off the outlaw leader from The Water Margin, Song Jiang, who had a swamp base...perfect for a Frog Pokemon. I could see it becoming more "thief-like", perhaps with its white fluff growing around its body and looking like elaborate decoration, like a foamy boa, and it could store stolen items within its fluff or something like that. It would grow into a more ferocious, "horned" frog too. Is the balanced Pokemon, focusing on trickery, like Spikes, Poison Spikes, Thief, etc, over pure power.
    Last edited by Garren; 15th March 2013 at 07:23 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quattro ~ Bajeena View Post
    Fennec use their ears to regulate heat, so maybe the flowery ears could absorb the harsh sunlight, giving them the ability to dispel heat.
    I just imagined Fennekin blasting double Solar Beams out of its ears.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah, that's what I can see it doing too.

Honestly, I really think that the main focus of Fennekin's line will be its "ears", since they're the main standout of its design imo. That seems like where its "fire" is probably stored.

Nice weather we're having SirOni's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm all for Song Jiang Froakie. Probably my favorite speculation yet (and I don't like most). Also burying Fennekin sounds cool too.
    Caro: 0774-4484-9102

IGN: Antonio

URPG:http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f401/cerony-urpg-66373/