SPOILERS: Starter Discussion - Page 56

View Poll Results: Which Kalos starter did you choose?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

22 34.38%
  • Fennekin

21 32.81%
  • Froakie

21 32.81%
Page 56 of 160 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast
Like Tree1424Likes

Thread: Starter Discussion

Blog Entries

Default Re: Starter Discussion and Speculation

I still think That Froakie is the best one right now and if it's evolutions are not good I Think I will still choose it.

Surprise! winstein's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

One thing I hope to see is that Chespin and evolutions would be a Rapid Spin user, since that would give us the first Grass-type Rapid Spin user. This would do nicely in deterring any Water-type hazard users such as Omastar. It's actually nice that Snivy was the first Grass-type Taunt user, because before Generation 5, there was no Grass-type with Taunt. Basically, I would like to see more utility spread out among Grass-types, and I commend the designers for doing this continuously. It would be interesting if they get Spikes (and possibly Toxic Spikes) too, to fit with their hedgehog theme.

I may be alone in this, but I genuinely think that Chespin will become part-Steel when it evolves.

Thanks for reading.
    Berrenta, Reila and Ange like this.
    "True loss is for him whose days have been spent in utter ignorance of his self."

Latest Review: Dark-type Award Ceremony
    Bonus articles: Mega Evolution Candidates (Part 7) -- Generation 6 Pokémon (07/12/2013)

Registered User Jan Jan die Draakman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by winstein View Post
    One thing I hope to see is that Chespin and evolutions would be a Rapid Spin user, since that would give us the first Grass-type Rapid Spin user. This would do nicely in deterring any Water-type hazard users such as Omastar. It's actually nice that Snivy was the first Grass-type Taunt user, because before Generation 5, there was no Grass-type with Taunt. Basically, I would like to see more utility spread out among Grass-types, and I commend the designers for doing this continuously. It would be interesting if they get Spikes (and possibly Toxic Spikes) too, to fit with their hedgehog theme.

I may be alone in this, but I genuinely think that Chespin will become part-Steel when it evolves.

Thanks for reading.
    Chespin would look great if it evolves into a hedgehog like pokemon with more spikes. Personally I would not like to have steel/grass.

Blog Entries

I can imagine Chespin evolving into some kind of armadillo-like thing with spiky armor, so I can definitely see it being part Steel.
    The_Doctor likes this.

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate

Quote Originally Posted by Angela-Samshi View Post
    I can imagine Chespin evolving into some kind of armadillo-like thing with spiky armor, so I can definitely see it being part Steel.
    Something Bastiodon-esque. Hmm, yes. I'm not sure why so many see Chespin and automatically think 'Dark type!' I see Steel as more probable, personally...

Lol I love that no matter where you go on the internet, Fennekin is winning the starter popularity poll <33

I breed egg move pokes & DW females.

Yes, for sure. I think that Steel is a likely 2nd type for Chespin's final evo. I'm actually hoping for it. Mostly because I really like Steel types and Grass/Steel only has two type weaknesses, as we all know.

I definitely don't want it to be Dark because Grass/Dark has much more type weaknesses.

Also, I think that Rock is also a good possibility for its 2nd type.

My Fennekin would love a grass / steel Chespin :P

Or rather the evolved forms of the previously mentioned lol.

Beep beep, newbie here! Quaggington's Avatar

Follow Quaggington on Tumblr

I know it's probably not going to happen, but I hope Froakie ends up being speedy. We haven't seen a speedy water starter yet.

Master of Ghosts......... Gengarzilla's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Gengarzilla on Tumblr Visit Gengarzilla's Youtube Channel

My favorite right now would be Froakie, but I'm waiting for more information to come out before I make that in game choice.
    I have claimed the Spell Tag and Kasib Berry, along with Adaptability and Shadow Ball. I have also claimed Gastly.

If you think Nintendo need to sue PETA up the ass for making Pokemon Black and Blue, copy and paste this into your sig.

Hypnodance FTW!

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I wonder , What kind of design Froakie's final evolution can have which will make him cool as other fully evolve water starter ?

Blog Entries

Yes, I do agree that the evolved form of Froakie will be good.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Hey did you guys notice, that if Fennekin will be Fire/Psychic, and Froakie will be Water/Fighting, and Chespin Grass/Dark then we will have always a advantage against our rival? lol!

Unless ofc I'm wrong about this types, but it's reeally peculiar^^

Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    Yes, for sure. I think that Steel is a likely 2nd type for Chespin's final evo. I'm actually hoping for it. Mostly because I really like Steel types and Grass/Steel only has two type weaknesses, as we all know.

I definitely don't want it to be Dark because Grass/Dark has much more type weaknesses.

Oh, you have a Grass/Steel type?

It would be a shame if,

Somebody used Ember on it
    Last edited by Infinity Edge; 22nd February 2013 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Edge View Post
    Hey did you guys notice, that if Fennekin will be Fire/Psychic, and Froakie will be Water/Fighting, and Chespin Grass/Dark then we will have always a advantage against our rival? lol!

Unless ofc I'm wrong about this types, but it's reeally peculiar^^

Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post

Oh, you have a Grass/Steel type?

It would be a shame if,

Somebody used Ember on it
    Yes, but Grass/Steel only has 2 weaknesses, and yes Fire is a 4x. It's far better than getting Grass/Dark like many suggest. With Grass/Dark, it has a 4x weakness to Bug and a 2x to 6 other types.

So overall, Grass/Steel is leagues better than Grass/Dark. Plus, with Grass/Steel, it resists almost every type.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Welp, I think it's another Grass/Earth because of the colors. What has 1st Gen taught us? COLORS MATTER BRO.

Just a bigger speed variation than the other Grass/Earth starter

But if that'd be the case, then you can't train him for Speed EV's from birds and it will suck :L

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Edge View Post
    Welp, I think it's another Grass/Earth because of the colors. What has 1st Gen taught us? COLORS MATTER BRO.

Just a bigger speed variation than the other Grass/Earth starter

But if that'd be the case, then you can't train him for Speed EV's from birds and it will suck :L
    I don't really think colors always matter (glares at Tepig), but if they did, then Grass/Rock would be just as likely.
    Owain likes this.