SPOILERS: Starter Discussion - Page 52

View Poll Results: Which Kalos starter did you choose?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

22 34.38%
  • Fennekin

21 32.81%
  • Froakie

21 32.81%
Page 52 of 160 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast
Like Tree1424Likes

Thread: Starter Discussion

The Power of Electricity Jolty94's Avatar
    Follow Jolty94 On Twitter Add Jolty94 on Facebook

Default Re: Pokémon X & Y Starter Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Shadow Minun View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by V Faction View Post
    Many of us are hoping that isn't the case because it would be a waste of an opportunity. We've already had plenty of pure typed starters (if you ask me, one is enough), but not enough unique dual-types. How often do we get a whole new games with brand new starters? Once a generation. And these guys tend to have good stats for a beginning Pokemon, so a dual-type would make them all the more useful and all the more future-proof.
    Bulbasaur was the only unevolved dual-type starter we had get since Gen I, and since then, we had not getting any dual-typed unevolved starter for 17 years. If one of them will be dual-typed (I hope Game Freak will bring back dual-typed unevolved starters, but this is not possible), I guess Fennekin (Fire/Psychic could be possible as he might be based on between Kitsune (Demon Fox) and real-life fennec fox). Chespin was also supposed to be Grass/Fighting-type in my first glance because of human-like designs, but he's might be pure Grass-type until his next evolutions. However, Froakie will not be dual-typed until his next evolutions.
    It's been confirmed that ALL 3 Starters will be pure Grass, Fire & Water Types. No one knows about their 2nd or 3rd forms yet however.
    N is finished yet.

Default Re: Starter Discussion

I agree with some people: these are the best starters since Gen 3! When I first saw the trailer for Gen 6 (took me by surprise, BTW: It was on an unrelated forum, and I thought X and Y were just placeholders for hypothetical Pokemon games, not actual games themselves. Er, right, anyway . . .) I was pleasantly surprised by Chespin, and Fennekin was also amazing. And then we got to Froakie. I was slightly disappointed with it, thinking they'd lost their starter-designing momentum. But then I looked at it again a couple of times, and it suddenly grew on me. I think Froakie will be my first starter this generation, though they're all really cool.

I can already picture it evolving in to a pretty bad*** maestro or inventor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramphorynchoid View Post
    I agree with some people: these are the best starters since Gen 3! When I first saw the trailer for Gen 6 (took me by surprise, BTW: It was on an unrelated forum, and I thought X and Y were just placeholders for hypothetical Pokemon games, not actual games themselves. Er, right, anyway . . .) I was pleasantly surprised by Chespin, and Fennekin was also amazing. And then we got to Froakie. I was slightly disappointed with it, thinking they'd lost their starter-designing momentum. But then I looked at it again a couple of times, and it suddenly grew on me. I think Froakie will be my first starter this generation, though they're all really cool.

I can already picture it evolving in to a pretty bad*** maestro or inven.
    That was how I reacted when seeing these starters aswell, and I agree that they are all good designs. Not like later gens where I have usually only liked one or none. My only problem is with Fennekin who looks too much like the adorable Vulpix.

My choice will be Froakie atm, I think he looks awesome as few! But Chespin seems like he may have some cool evolutions.

Blog Entries

Froakie is the Best Starter here this time even though he is a rip-off of some other Frogs in the past but look he is cool. Chespin is a complete rip-off of Oshawott even though I like Oshawott but he is a complete look-a-like. Fennekin is a complete copy of a Vulpix and an Eevee. So this why Froakie is cool and is the best to choose.Remember this just my own Opinion so you can argue against me on this.

Blog Entries

I really don't know which one I'll pick. I love them all so much. I think I'll start with Fennekin though. Once I reach the aftergame, I'll get the other two from the GTS or here.

EDIT: I have no idea how the post duplicated. I'll delete it.
    White Friend Code: 4470-7985-3233
    White 2 Friend Code: 3010-6523-5582
    3DS FC: 2036-7773-9693

Follow Rival Silver on Tumblr Visit Rival Silver's Youtube Channel

i will personally pick froakie. he is a sir.
    froakie_fun_by_audgreen-d5qyasm.jpg
    not only that, but he was a ninja in the trailer. did you see how he attacked that simisear? perfect.

plus they can kick the asses of all of the fennekin that will be flitting about.
    SirOni and Reila like this.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Starters final forms?

Another pic of Frokkie's possible evolution-

Still I don't like him !
    Ice Tyrant likes this.

Blog Entries

Chespin: Personally the hardest one for me to think of at all, mostly because I don't know what it is exactly even though it's apparently a Hedgehog. I keep imagining a Grass/Dark Armadillo each time though.

Fennekin: Possibly Biped or staying Quadruped, I can imagine Grass/Psychic for this one because it clearly used Confusion or a move similar to it in the trailer. How exactly it'll look just creeps me out each time.

Froakie: There's only one real design I'll except for this guy; a bulky, Chinese styled Sage Toad somewhat similar to Gamabunta of Naruto, or something at least bulky and similar to him in appearance. Water/Fighting, though I was personally thinking Water/Ice so that it didn't clash with Poliwrath's Water/Fighting.

"Welcome, my comrades, to my frozen abyss.~"
    Anime Characters Claimed: Mighty, Shirobon, Shout (Bomberman Jetters)

Blog Entries

Okami-looking thing, kick boxing frog, and a hooded assassin (cause what else can you do with a hat?)

Blog Entries

You know what would be cool? If we had three new types (thus rounding us up to a nice 20) and the three starters evolved to be dual-typed with one of those new types.
    Reila likes this.

Chespin: Grass/Dark ninja thingy.

Fennekin: Psychic Fox with pink eyes. Fire/Psychic

Froakie: Water/Fighting tank that's very fat.

Too be honest, I think there really is a second type trio for the starters this time.
    Hello Everyone! This is my signature. It is useful.

is back for 2014 S.S. Shadow Minun's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow S.S. Shadow Minun On Twitter Add S.S. Shadow Minun on Facebook
    Visit S.S. Shadow Minun's Youtube Channel

According to two theories:
    *Grass<Fire<Water
    *Fighting<Psychic<Dark

Chespin:Grass/Fighting hedgehog/mole mix, another Excadrill version
    Fennekin:Fire/Psychic Nine-Tailed Demon Fox (since he is based on a fox)
    Froakie:Water/Dark poisonous toad

I bet this could be correct.

Blog Entries

http://25.media.tumblr.com/bd9d1844c6b820b37eec1da064d005a0/tumblr_mgiqmg0jod1rnitqdo1_1280.png

Does anyone know where this image comes from?

(Kind of funny how the tumblr post I got this from suggested Chespin is Grass/Dark to "even it out" just because it learns Pin Missle)

I'd much prefer Fire/Ghost over Fire/Psychic for Fennekin

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure it's just an unofficial magazine speculating based on things from the trailer. Tons of people have noted the Psychic-type moves Fennekin has used, as well as Froakie's ninja-esque melee attack, and Pin Missile seems like an obvious choice for Chespin.

I'm not gonna lie, I'd be interested in seeing how they'd turn Chespin into a Bug Pokemon. Speaking of which, I don't think we've ever had a Pokemon gain the Bug-type, have we?

You know what would be cool? If we had three new types (thus rounding us up to a nice 20) and the three starters evolved to be dual-typed with one of those new types.
    That would be a good idea to introduce types, but what kind of types do you think the Starters could get?

Who am I? Where am I? JewelsVerne's Avatar

I really like the idea of Chespin being Grass/Dark and some sort of assassin, Fennekin being Fire/Psychic, and Froakie being Water/Fighting.

Fire is my favorite starter type and Psychic is my favorite general type, so I would be on cloud 9 if Fennekin were to be Fire/Psychic. That being said, a Grass/Dark assassin would be so badass I would have serious trouble picking between Fennekin and Chespin.

Soul Silver FC: 1335 6964 5411

White FC: 3525 9470 1419

White 2 FC: 5415 9061 5639