SPOILERS: Starter Discussion - Page 51

View Poll Results: Which Kalos starter did you choose?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

22 33.85%
  • Fennekin

22 33.85%
  • Froakie

21 32.31%
Page 51 of 160 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Starter Discussion

is back for 2014 S.S. Shadow Minun's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow S.S. Shadow Minun On Twitter Add S.S. Shadow Minun on Facebook
    Visit S.S. Shadow Minun's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Pokémon X & Y Starter Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction View Post
    Many of us are hoping that isn't the case because it would be a waste of an opportunity. We've already had plenty of pure typed starters (if you ask me, one is enough), but not enough unique dual-types. How often do we get a whole new games with brand new starters? Once a generation. And these guys tend to have good stats for a beginning Pokemon, so a dual-type would make them all the more useful and all the more future-proof.
    Bulbasaur was the only unevolved dual-type starter we had get since Gen I, and since then, we had not getting any dual-typed unevolved starter for 17 years. If one of them will be dual-typed (I hope Game Freak will bring back dual-typed unevolved starters, but this is not possible), I guess Fennekin (Fire/Psychic could be possible as he might be based on between Kitsune (Demon Fox) and real-life fennec fox). Chespin was also supposed to be Grass/Fighting-type in my first glance because of human-like designs, but he's might be pure Grass-type until his next evolutions. However, Froakie will not be dual-typed until his next evolutions.

Blog Entries
    Follow Mikes Gardevoir On Twitter Add Mikes Gardevoir on Google+
    Follow Mikes Gardevoir on Tumblr Visit Mikes Gardevoir's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Starter Discussion

it would be awesome if Fennekin was fire/physic or any of its evolutions were! Shes going to be a beast!

Forever Lacking Rhythm Konoko Hasano's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MTD3454 View Post
    it would be awesome if Fennekin was fire/physic or any of its evolutions were! Shes going to be a beast!
    Good luck getting a female one, considering the gender ratios of starters. :P

I still honestly find myself hoping that Froakie evolves to have an awesome mustache.

Blog Entries
    Follow Mikes Gardevoir On Twitter Add Mikes Gardevoir on Google+
    Follow Mikes Gardevoir on Tumblr Visit Mikes Gardevoir's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Konoko Hasano View Post

I still honestly find myself hoping that Froakie evolves to have an awesome mustache.
    I really don't care if its male or female just Fennekin looks more like a girl pokemon and its better to call it a he or she than an "it"

I really don't care if its male or female just Fennekin looks more like a girl pokemon and its better to call it a he or she than an "it"
    Why is it better? Honest question, I don't understand why people call Pokémon as "he" or "she".

Blog Entries

I read that as "evolving into an awesome mustache".

Quote Originally Posted by Reila View Post
    Why is it better? Honest question, I don't understand why people call Pokémon as "he" or "she".
    Considering how animals are called "it" in the English language (Though I believe using "he" and "she" has become more accepted?) I believe the correct pronoun for a Pokemon would be "it". When I talk about Pokemon in general I refer to them as "it".

I think using "he" and "she" is more okay when it comes to talking about an individual Pokemon.

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate

Blog Entries

These are my hopes for the starter's final evos:

Chespin: No idea what it should look like, but I'm sort of hoping for a Grass/Dark Pokemon. Either way, this guy's probably gonna be my first choice.

Fennekin: I'm hoping for a quadruped mono-Fire type. I know it's not a popular opinion, but it really is what I want to see from this one. I'll probably be picking one of these up at some point regardless.

Froakie: Water/Fighting frog/sage/monk, please. I'll accept nothing less. :P

What I'm expecting for the Starter's final evos:

Chespin: Pure Grass. Doesn't bother me so much, I can see it, but 4 mono-Grass starters in total is a bit annoying.

Fennekin: Fire/Fighting bipedal Pokemon. :P That, or Fire/Psychic.

Froakie: Pure Water or Water/Fighting. Here's hoping they don't redo the Gen V type combos.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

this is probably the first game in the series where i want the grass starter over the others. i used to always choose fire but then the fire/fighting thing happened and it got so old so i turned to water. chespin is a cutie though and i'm hoping for grass/fighting or grass/dark. if fennekin isn't fire/fighting i'll get them in my second playthrough.

Forever Lacking Rhythm Konoko Hasano's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angela-Samshi View Post
    Clearly it'd end up becoming an awesome mustache with a frog attached to it~

But for some reason, I'm now thinking of Froakie as some Teddy Roosevelt analog...

Considering how animals are called "it" in the English language (Though I believe using "he" and "she" has become more accepted?) I believe the correct pronoun for a Pokemon would be "it". When I talk about Pokemon in general I refer to them as "it".

I think using "he" and "she" is more okay when it comes to talking about an individual Pokemon.
    Exactly. I often call my babies as "he" or "she", but when I refer to the whole species of a specific Pokémon I always use "it".

Quote Originally Posted by Grass Type Trainer View Post

Chespin: No idea what it should look like, but I'm sort of hoping for a Grass/Dark Pokemon. Either way, this guy's probably gonna be my first choice.

Fennekin: I'm hoping for a quadruped mono-Fire type. I know it's not a popular opinion, but it really is what I want to see from this one. I'll probably be picking one of these up at some point regardless.

Chespin: Pure Grass. Doesn't bother me so much, I can see it, but 4 mono-Grass starters in total is a bit annoying.

Froakie: Pure Water or Water/Fighting. Here's hoping they don't redo the Gen V type combos.
    Actually there are 3 mono grass starters. Meganium, Sceptile, and Serperior.
    Proud Sonic and Pokemon fan!

Deviantart: JohnSLPaul

2ds FC: 1478-4291-7605
    Friend Safari Type: Fairy

Drama queen/Bug master PrettyVenomoth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Boy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Grass Type Trainer View Post

Actually there are 3 mono grass starters. Meganium, Sceptile, and Serperior.
    Yes. 3 plus 1 = 4 if Chespin is pure grass that makes 4 of them

Drama queen/Bug master PrettyVenomoth's Avatar

I would saying calling a species "it" is fine as a species cant have one gender only when i have my own pokemon would i call it a he or she

Dat Alpha Sapphire! RainbowSylveon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow RainbowSylveon On Twitter Add RainbowSylveon on Facebook
    Follow RainbowSylveon on Tumblr Visit RainbowSylveon's Youtube Channel

Clearly it'd end up becoming an awesome mustache with a frog attached to it~

But for some reason, I'm now thinking of Froakie as some Teddy Roosevelt analog...
    It's official: once everyone gets a Froakie, its name must be some reference to Teddy Roosevelt. xD

I would really adore it if Fennekin was fire/psychic. It'd be nice to have a Pokemon of that typing that we could actually use in anything besides in-game teams. Plus, I was thinking: with the grass/dark, fire/psychic, water/fighting scenario, we'd have a generation of starters that are pretty much exactly equal in power when it comes to supereffective moves against each other.
    Claims: Oshawott, Ice Body, Magmarizer, Griseous Orb (July 1, 2012) Cross Poison (September 26, 2012)

Friend Code: 0001 - 3520 - 9622
    Vivillon Pattern: High Plains
    Friend Safari: Dark / Nuzleaf, Cacturne, Liepard

The Great and Powerful TheBugChampion's Avatar

Froakie will be the perfect addition to my Amphibian team ^_^ i hope he evolves into a dual type non-goofy looking pokemon.

i wont give fennehipster a second glance.

Chespin... i'm sorry but Froakie won my heart. I'll ask a friend to breed you for me if your final evo looks neat or is /steel :P