SPOILERS: Starter Discussion - Page 50

View Poll Results: Which Kalos starter did you choose?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

22 33.85%
  • Fennekin

22 33.85%
  • Froakie

21 32.31%
Page 50 of 160 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: Starter Discussion

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokémon X & Y Starter Discussion

I'm getting Fennekin. Mainly because I usually get the Fire type starter, and I like Fennekin's design the best. Unless it ends up being unusably bad, then I'm going with the FireFox. (You know, not the brow- ah, nvm).
    FCs- HG: 4426 5257 0152 Pt: 0131 7157 4821 W: 3095 6620 2000 W2: 1851 0568 6600

Add weeaboo_girl84 on MySpace
    Follow weeaboo_girl84 on Tumblr Follow weeaboo_girl84 on Flickr

To answer the poll, Chespin is my favorite without a doubt.

- Froakie has an upside down penis on his face.

- And Fennekin? I can just hear the pokedex now.
    Fennekin. The orange pokemon. Many years ago in a galaxy far away, a Vulpix escaped from it's trainer and had it's way with someone's chiuaua. And thus a new pokemon was born.

Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    Except Poliwrath is still a tadpole (and thus another lazy Gen I design he's just a buff Poliwhirl)
    I don't want to go off topic, but I feel compelled to say this: Poliwrath is actually quite a clever design. Whatever material the evolution stones are composed of mutated Poliwhirl into an over-developed tadpole rather than it naturally becoming a frog. The same 'mutation' rather than natural maturing can be said for the majority of the stone-evolving Pokémon.
    I do regular Pokémon giveaways on Tumblr, click here and come trade with me!

I saw the new starters and I immediately wanted Chespin. He's freakin' adorable, and looks like he has the best potential for great evolutions. So unless they really drop the ball on his final design, I'm choosing this guy.

I initially didn't like Froakie but he has grown on me quite a bit. I don't think he looks like a thief; he has pince-nez glasses and a skullet like some popular images of scholars (someone compared him to Benjamin Franklin, and I totally see it).

I gotta say, I'm not impressed with Fennekin. He looks like he's kinda just a generic cute fox thing. He's not awful, but compared to the other two, he just didn't grab my attention. But at least he doesn't look like a Fighting type at all.

Are we totally sure the fully evolved starters are even gonna have dual types? I mean, the only generation where all 3 starters have dual types was Gen IV. Gen II didn't have any. Emboar was the only starter in Gen V to have a dual type, and Sceptile and Blastoise didn't have dual types in their respective generations. I have a feeling one of them is going to be a pure type. My guess would be Fennekin.

Quote Originally Posted by Xybirk View Post
    Are we totally sure the fully evolved starters are even gonna have dual types? I mean, the only generation where all 3 starters have dual types was Gen IV. Gen II didn't have any. Emboar was the only starter in Gen V to have a dual type, and Sceptile and Blastoise didn't have dual types in their respective generations. I have a feeling one of them is going to be a pure type. My guess would be Fennekin.
    It's entirely possible all 3 of them end up as pure Water, Fire, and Grass.

Many of us are hoping that isn't the case because it would be a waste of an opportunity. We've already had plenty of pure typed starters (if you ask me, one is enough), but not enough unique dual-types. How often do we get a whole new games with brand new starters? Once a generation. And these guys tend to have good stats for a beginning Pokemon, so a dual-type would make them all the more useful and all the more future-proof.
    V Faction: Bulbatized

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3136 - 6603 - 1330

I'm gonna say Fennekin for now.

Are you a brony? If so, you should definitely check out this awesome forum: http://www.equestriaforever.com/forum.php. Tell them Commander Hurricane sent you.

Fennekin for now I hope they don't mess his evolution up.

No matter if the PokeJungle spoilers are through I didn't consider the possibility of chepsin being grass/steel and now I like it! I looked at Ferrothorn's stats and type effectivness. and it looks powerful.

The combination I would love to see for Froakie is Water-fighting or Water-poison.

Default Re: Which new Generation Six starter is your favourite?

Quote Originally Posted by Reila View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chella182 View Post
    Gotta say, I'm shocked that Froakie seems to be the most popular of them all
    What the heck are you talking about? Froakie isn't the most popular, it is the least... unfortunately.
    The "heck" I'm talking about is that everywhere I look (on here and Tumblr and a few other places) people seem to be loving Froakie and bashing Chespin... hence my impression. Although the Chespin bashing seems to have died down somewhat since the announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Eneci View Post
    No matter if the PokeJungle spoilers are through I didn't consider the possibility of chepsin being grass/steel and now I like it! I looked at Ferrothorn's stats and type effectivness. and it looks powerful.

The combination I would love to see for Froakie is Water-fighting or Water-poison.
    Grass/Steel sounds pretty good for Chespin, although I also think Grass/Rock is a good option too :D As far as Froakie goes, I think it'll be Water/Fighting too, and it would be perfect for countering Chespin's secondary Rock or Steel type. I bet Fennekin will be Fire/Psychic.

Blog Entries

I hope Fennekin's final form is bipedal, Ninetales and Arcanine are enough

Quote Originally Posted by Creeping Shadow View Post

So another Fire/Fighting starter? Because that's what the picture looks like to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokefanforever View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Creeping Shadow View Post

So another Fire/Fighting starter? Because that's what the picture looks like to me.
    Better yet, it's named Fofighta. I don't care what Fennekin evolves into, I'm gonna name mine that for the hell of it.

Blog Entries

I recognize that artwork. It was done by someone on deviantART, who did it purely as a joke. And yes, it was supposed to be Fire/Fighting.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.