SPOILERS: Starter Discussion - Page 47

View Poll Results: Which Kalos starter did you choose?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

22 34.38%
  • Fennekin

21 32.81%
  • Froakie

21 32.81%
Page 47 of 160 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast
Like Tree1424Likes

Thread: Starter Discussion

Forever Lacking Rhythm Konoko Hasano's Avatar

Default Re: Pokémon X & Y Starter Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvernphlare View Post

Looks like snowflakes combined with a frosty mist alternatively. Meaning it could be icy wind
    Issue is, when it hits Pansear, it looks like splashes of water... unless they randomly spliced things together, but that'd be a bit odd. As such, it's either odd graphics that they're still working on, or a cold version of Scald.

Of which, I wonder what the name could be.
    Owain likes this.

I want to take a guess and say "sleet"

Default Re: Starters final forms?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokefanforever View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungleluke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zweilous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zweilous View Post
    CyndaQUIL, Cyndaquil was mostly based on a porcupine, a creature that isn't in the Chinese Zodiac.
    Well, Porcupines are in the rodent order. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Reila View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Warrior View Post
    So was the whole "Fire starters are based on the Chinese Zodiac" theory proven false this time? There's no fox sign in the Chinese Zodiac. Unless Fennekin evolves into a tiger or dog which I doubt.
    I don't buy this theory, but it wasn't necessarily proven false.
    Fennekin can work as the dog as Cyndaquil works as the rat, even though neither of them are really based on those animals.

Let's see:

Charmander - Dragon, but it is actually a salamander/lizard.
    Cyndaquil - Rat, but it is actually an echidna.
    Torchic - Rooster.
    Chimchar - Monkey.
    Tepig - Pig/Boar.
    Fennekin - Dog, but it is actually a fennec fox.

We'll see in three or four years in they are really using the Chinese Zodiac as basis for the Fire starters. We still have the rabbit, snake, ox, tiger, horse and goat.
    Man... A Fire-type Goat is definitely something I would like to see.
    True...
    Nonononono! If they were doing a Chinese Zodiac than they would have been much clearer with designs. It's too farfetch'ed. Get real people and don't always nickpick theories, it's also Chinese and Pokemon is Japanese, it would have been much more plausible if it was Japanese (not saying that they don't use stuff of other cultures, mind you). It's almost like saying that Chespin will become a reptile in time, or something.

(Regarding Chespin: Oh wait, mammals have an ancestor in the reptiles! I see the link now! See? The grass-starters are still more or less based on reptiles! *sarcasm off*)
    How would it being Japanese make it more plausible? You yourself said they already use different cultures so why would it being Chinese make it less so?

And assuming you're talking about the Dimetrodon, it isn't even closely related to reptiles.
    Synapsid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia This stuff. But, yeah, they aren't really reptiles:/

I still think the Chinese Zodiac-theory isn't plausible and I think it's already busted *looks at Cyndaquil and Fennekin*.
    Foxes are in the same Family as dogs Canidae, also male foxes are known as "dogs". You would know that if you studied biology.
    I know lad, but a fennec-fox still doesn't LOOK like a dog of the Chinese zodiac. This theory is still farfetch'ed in my opinion. Male foxes called 'dogs'? Yeah, maybe in your language/country, but we just call them foxes in the Netherlands.

Your last sentence disturbs me, ever looked at my age? You know, I am always very interested in biology and stuff, I also want to do something with it in the future, but you have to know that I am not the internet-encyclypedia and that I don't know everything (that foxes are related to dogs? I do know that though). I guess you were a little irritated or something.
    Last edited by Jungleluke; 16th January 2013 at 05:25 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Gen VI Shiny Starters - Thoughts?

I don't have any ideas for shinies of Froakie and Chespin, but I'd love to see Fennekin get the blue-flame treatment too. I think it's going to look good, since blue complements orange.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

The 'unShiny' Umbreon! unShinyUmbreon's Avatar

Default Re: Gen VI Shiny Starters - Thoughts?

For Fennekin, the area's that are yellow, I would like to see teal, and for the area's that are red, I would like to see purple.
    For Chespin, the area's that are brown I would like to see dark green, and for the area's that are green, I would like to see a very light green.
    For Froakie, maybe just a gold or something. Lol.
    Team Sylveon! Team Fairy!

Visit Dralcax's Youtube Channel

I'm voting Fennekin, but if he evolves into ANOTHER Fire/Fighting, I'll change loyalties to Froakie in a heartbeat.

Blog Entries

Froakie.

Some of the fan art so far for its possible evolved forms has been unbelievably good. If Game Freak do half as good a job as some of the fans out there I'll be happy.

I know this will seem so arsey and obnoxious but the overwhelming support for Fennekin is only cementing the fact that I won't pick it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Confidemus View Post
    I know this will seem so arsey and obnoxious but the overwhelming support for Fennekin is only cementing the fact that I won't pick it.
    This is exactly how I feel sometimes. I like Fennekin too, but it just seems so terribly popular. Ultimately, it's what the final evolutions end up being that will cement my first starter choice, but the popularity is really pushing it for me too. I probably may go with Froakie as well.
    Narcisse likes this.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Nice weather we're having SirOni's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Confidemus View Post
    Froakie.
    Ah, feels good to be outside the mainstream, don'it

Well it usually because of this desire to deviate from the norm as well as the people who make whatever they like immensely popular that makes someone want to chose the other option.

Personally, I'll go with Chespin.
    Narcisse and The_Doctor like this.
    Caro: 0774-4484-9102

IGN: Antonio

URPG:http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f401/cerony-urpg-66373/

Visit Rozenskye's Youtube Channel

I chose Froakie since im biased on water types although Fennikin looks really cute, but my opinion might change when the evolutions gets released. like that time when i really find tepig cute and almost chose it as my starter but i got spoiled on it's evolution then totally hated it.

Grass-type fanatic Frenzy Plant's Avatar
    Follow Frenzy Plant On Twitter
    Follow Frenzy Plant on Tumblr

The more I stare at the artwork for the starters, the more Chespin is growing on me. I pretty much always take the Grass-type starter, but Chespin just seems like a wee legend! I'm desperately hoping he's going to be a physical attacker.
    I do regular Pokémon giveaways on Tumblr, click here and come trade with me!

100% Tsundere BMGF Anime Master's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have a feeling Fennekin will be a pure fire type(same as Vulpix/Ninetales are)

Registered User Typhlosionisafirebadger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Konoko Hasano View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyvernphlare View Post

Looks like snowflakes combined with a frosty mist alternatively. Meaning it could be icy wind
    Issue is, when it hits Pansear, it looks like splashes of water... unless they randomly spliced things together, but that'd be a bit odd. As such, it's either odd graphics that they're still working on, or a cold version of Scald.

Of which, I wonder what the name could be.
    Freezer Burn?

Yawn.
    Blog Entries

Late to the party, but for the 4th generation in a row, the grass starter gets my vote. Love it.

I will give props to the fire starter though, for the 1st time since Cyndaquil, I am impressed.

As for the water one..meh.

Blog Entries

Personally, Fennekin doesn't seem like it's going to evolve into a Fire/Fighting starter. It's just so kawaii. The only way I can visualize a Fire/Fighting Fennekin evo is if they make it look like Renamon.

Though the keyword here is seem. And that Renamon thing (AKA make it stand on two legs, AKA what they did with Tepig) is still possible.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]