SPOILERS: Starter Discussion - Page 43

View Poll Results: Which Kalos starter did you choose?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

22 34.38%
  • Fennekin

21 32.81%
  • Froakie

21 32.81%
Page 43 of 160 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast
Like Tree1424Likes

Thread: Starter Discussion

Blog Entries

Default Re: Starters final forms?

I won't lie, if Fennekin does somehow end up being Fire/Fighting type, I'll be the one dying of laughter out of the sheer irony of it all as Fennekin's extreme popularity drops in mere seconds simply because of a dual typing that has been around for three generations in a row. But I have to agree, I am also getting tired of the typing by now, as much as I love Infernape and to an extant, Emboar.

But in all seriousness, I don't really think Fennekin will be Fire/Fighting. A lot of fans are theorizing that it will be Fire/Psychic. Of course that's just going to make people complain that "Oh great, it's even more similar to Victini now."
    Last edited by Isamu Akai; 14th January 2013 at 07:56 PM.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

I would applaud Game Freak if they made the final stages of all starters pure-typed as well.
    Frenzy Plant likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Akai View Post
    I won't lie, if Fennekin does somehow end up being Fire/Fighting type, I'll be the one dying of laughter out of the sheer irony of it all as Fennekin's extreme popular drops in mere seconds simply because of a dual typing that has been around for three generations in a row. But I have to agree, I am also getting tired of the typing by now, as much as I love Infernape and to an extant, Emboar.

But in all seriousness, I don't really think Fennekin will be Fire/Fighting. A lot of fans are theorizing that it will be Fire/Psychic. Of course that's just going to make people complain that "Oh great, it's even more similar to Victini now."
    There are only 2 Fire/Psychic types (and Grass/Dark Water/Fighting interestingly enough) doubt people would care it's certainly better than Fire/Fighting... 3/6 is enougg
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

smile Enzap's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

According to an update on Serebii, the first stage starters are all confirmed to be pure Grass, Water, and Fire. Nothing to shocking there, since the types can obviously change when they evolve. I pretty much expected them to be pure types at first.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    I won't lie, if Fennekin does somehow end up being Fire/Fighting type, I'll be the one dying of laughter out of the sheer irony of it all as Fennekin's extreme popular drops in mere seconds simply because of a dual typing that has been around for three generations in a row. But I have to agree, I am also getting tired of the typing by now, as much as I love Infernape and to an extant, Emboar.

There are only 2 Fire/Psychic types (and Grass/Dark Water/Fighting interestingly enough) doubt people would care it's certainly better than Fire/Fighting... 3/6 is enougg
    That's only if you count Darmanitan's Zen Mode, and that forme is only possible with its Hidden Ability. A regular Darmanitan is always Fire/Fighting. So in that sense, the only true Fire/Psychic type we have now is Victini.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

That's only if you count Darmanitan's Zen Mode, and that forme is only possible with its Hidden Ability. A regular Darmanitan is always Fire/Fighting. So in that sense, the only true Fire/Psychic type we have now is Victini.
    *Fire, not Fire/Fighting, but I guess it's not that important as it has nothing to do with the point you were making.

Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Enzap View Post
    According to an update on Serebii, the first stage starters are all confirmed to be pure Grass, Water, and Fire. Nothing to shocking there, since the types can obviously change when they evolve. I pretty much expected them to be pure types at first.
    Actually, every single starter but Bulbasaur has been pure-typed in its first stage.

Me verás volar por la ciudad de la furia...
    - Pokémon games are like boobs; designed for children, but more enjoyed by adults. (Someone on twitter)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Y? View Post

*Fire, not Fire/Fighting, but I guess it's not that important as it has nothing to do with the point you were making.
    I'm saying Fire/Psychic is better than Fire/Fighting... it hasn't been used as a starter... Darmantin-Z does count as does Rotom's forme's... I do say Grass/Dark Fire/Psychic and Water/Fighting...

I was right about the worldwide release thing (and it was a random guess) can't waiit to see the new pokemon.. if Ash does get one of them they flippen evolve! seriously he still has Oshawott and Snivy!
    S.S. Shadow Minun likes this.
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

is back for 2014 S.S. Shadow Minun's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow S.S. Shadow Minun On Twitter Add S.S. Shadow Minun on Facebook
    Visit S.S. Shadow Minun's Youtube Channel

I'm saying Fire/Psychic is better than Fire/Fighting... it hasn't been used as a starter... Darmantin-Z does count as does Rotom's forme's... I do say Grass/Dark Fire/Psychic and Water/Fighting...
    Fire/Psychic could be a good idea as Psychic attacks are Super-effective against Fighting-types. However, Grass/Fighting, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Dark could make sense, as Grass<Fire<Water, and Fighting<Psychic<Dark.

Blog Entries

Visit Iggyness's Youtube Channel

Chespin: No idea, but it will be the coolest.
    Fennekin: Bipedal and elegant.
    Froakie: Fat frog king with a sweet mustache.

Type wise i think they will keep their monotyping.

Default Re: Pokémon X & Y Starter Discussion

These starters really blew me away this time. I remember the Gen V starters getting loads of stick and I don't like Oshawott or Snivy even now. I didn't even like Tepig that much after I saw Emboar. This time around the starters look really good though. I am not fussed on Chespin but I am never usually fussed on the grass type, Snivy just took the biscuit there. Froakie looks awesome and I fell in love with Fennekin right from the start. My mind will be made up by their evolutions and I really hope they don't screw Fennekin or Froakie up. In the trailer there's a shot of Fennekin using what looks like a Psychic move which made me happy - looks like the reign of Fire/Fighting is well and truly over. I also really hope they don't miraculously teach Fennekin to walk on two legs or I'll have to go with Froakie, which will be sad because another Fire Fox is welcome on my team any day.

LanguageSponge

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGroudon View Post
    Froakie or Chespin for the win. I hate fennikin, dont know why.
    Probably due to its overexposure. I know your feeling, out of the three new starters, Fennekin is definitely my least favorite.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reila View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGroudon View Post
    Froakie or Chespin for the win. I hate fennikin, dont know why.
    Probably due to its overexposure. I know your feeling, out of the three new starters, Fennekin is definitely my least favorite.
    That and the whole fire fox idea is way overdone.

I Claim Groudon.Yay

Of the fanart that we've seen so far, these ones are probably my favorites/what I would like to see.

Chespin (All three are actually really good in my opinion):

xljdu.jpg

Fennekin:

r90jtx.png

Froakie:

tumblr_mgizowue4h1qcqjsdo2_1280.jpg
    Ice Tyrant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post
    I would applaud Game Freak if they made the final stages of all starters pure-typed as well.
    Yup, me too.

I never liked speculative mon-fanart, Pokemon has some design-phylosophy none can mimic.
    Ange and Treacle like this.