SPOILERS: Starter Discussion - Page 36

View Poll Results: Which Kalos starter did you choose?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

22 34.38%
  • Fennekin

21 32.81%
  • Froakie

21 32.81%
Page 36 of 160 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast
Like Tree1424Likes

Thread: Starter Discussion

Default Re: Starters final forms?

Quote Originally Posted by Jungleluke View Post
    Haven't you read what I said? Froakie is based on the frog-prince, that's why he has a wig! Why would it turn into a fighter/ninja or something? That would ruin his evolution-line, his personality! Nintendo always follows some thread when it comes to designs and 'personalities'.
    There's nothing stating that he's 100% based on the Frog prince, the 'wig' could be a bag like a thief's, a growing beard like a wizard, a cloud for a flier or a potential cape for a hero/fighter. There are many different ways to look at it, sticking to just one isn't practical at the moment until we have more information.
    Velvet, Reila and Baka-kun like this.

I'm putting my money on grass/dark, fire/psychic, and water/fighting. I don't know what to think of chespin yet. I think finnekin will stay quadruped and elegant. Something similar to ninetails but not so much tail. I think froakie will stand up on two legs and bulk up some, but not like emboar. More like infernape.

Blog Entries
    Add Stratago on MySpace

Quote Originally Posted by Icestar649 View Post
    post drawings of what you think the satrters final forms will look like
    Or you could try this out, which will prolly net better results

Smogon: 'Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Zweilous View Post
    Haven't you read what I said? Froakie is based on the frog-prince, that's why he has a wig! Why would it turn into a fighter/ninja or something? That would ruin his evolution-line, his personality! Nintendo always follows some thread when it comes to designs and 'personalities'.
    There's nothing stating that he's 100% based on the Frog prince, the 'wig' could be a bag like a thief's, a growing beard like a wizard, a cloud for a flier or a potential cape for a hero/fighter. There are many different ways to look at it, sticking to just one isn't practical at the moment until we have more information.
    France or Europe is the inspiration of the new region, Froakie's design looks to me like a noble frog. The frog-prince is an European fairytale. Those things on his nose makes him look intelligent. That's why I believe that he'll be classy, but we'll see ofcourse.

Nyx

I'd be nice if their evolutions looked simpler design wise (like Venusaur, Typhlosion etc.) and not very extravagant (like Infernape, Samurott etc.). Not that I don't like the more complicated designs they tend to give the starters lately, but seeing some simpler ones wouldn't be bad.
    Suzume likes this.

Blog Entries

Haven't you read what I said? Froakie is based on the frog-prince, that's why he has a wig!
    No, it isn't. We don't know what Froakie was based on yet.
    My personal bet is that it is based on a Japanese burglar, but I can't say for sure, I don't work on Game Freak.

Quote Originally Posted by master shake View Post
    I think froakie will stand up on two legs and bulk up some, but not like emboar. More like infernape.
    Yeaaaaah!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Warrior View Post
    I'd be nice if their evolutions looked simpler design wise (like Venusaur, Typhlosion etc.) and not very extravagant (like Infernape, Samurott etc.). Not that I don't like the more complicated designs they tend to give the starters lately, but seeing some simpler ones wouldn't be bad.
    There is nothing simple in Venusaur's design and nothing complicated in Infernape's. Bad examples are bad.
    Can't say the same about Samurott's...

Nyx

Quote Originally Posted by Reila View Post
    There is nothing simple in Venusaur's design and nothing complicated in Infernape's. Bad examples are bad.
    Can't say the same about Samurott's...
    I don't see how Infernape's design is simple. Anyway, you get the point.

Blog Entries

I'm also thinking that Froakie will have an Infernape-like evolution.

As for Fennekin, I'm seeing a Ninetails-like design for it's evolution.

And Chespin? ....... Not sure, but I did see an interesting fanart where it had a tree-like thing growing out of his head. That could be interesting.

Blog Entries

I don't see how Infernape's design is simple. Anyway, you get the point.
    I don't see how Venusaur's design is simple either. The only Kanto starter with a somewhat simple design is Blastoise. Also, it is hard to get the point when you use Infernape as an example of a "complicated" design, because it is not. Emboar would have been a better example (and yet, its design isn't bad per se). But yeah, I get it.

Nyx

I don't see how Venusaur's design is simple either. The only Kanto starter with a somewhat simple design is Blastoise. Also, it is hard to get the point when you use Infernape as an example of a "complicated" design, because it is not. Emboar would have been a better example (and yet, its design isn't bad per se). But yeah, I get it.
    I think it's those golden plates that make Infernape somewhat complicated, but you're right, Emboar is even more complicated. Venusaur is a bigger Bulbasaur with a flower on its back, it seems pretty simple to me. Would Meganium make a better example maybe?

Want them in PokeMart? Rare Candy's Avatar

I don't know what the starter Pokemon will look like when they evolve, but I'm sure that little fox isn't going to be a Fighting-type anytime, and that is enough for me to be happy.

Blog Entries

I think it's those golden plates that make Infernape somewhat complicated, but you're right, Emboar is even more complicated. Venusaur is a bigger Bulbasaur with a flower on its back, it seems pretty simple to me. Would Meganium make a better example maybe?
    But those plates ties well with what Infernape was based on. I think its design would look weird without them. Venusaur... well, it is a giant frog-like dinosaur with a big tree and leaves on its back and with some weird thing popping out of its skin. The design isn't bad, but isn't simple either. And sure, Meganium is a perfect example, as were Typhlosion.

Anyways, I found some fake evolutions on tumblr and I loved Froakie's.
    It is not exactly what I had on my mind, but it is better than another Poliwrath/Seismitoad:

Chespin's fake evos look awful. xD

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

The fake Froakie one is the best. What is Fennekin's final evo in those supposed to be I dont really get it, Im not much a fan of that, but actually like Chespin's final evo in that picture.

Nyx

Anyways, I found some fake evolutions on tumblr and I loved Froakie's.
    It is not exactly what I had on my mind, but it is better than another Poliwrath/Seismitoad:

Chespin's fake evos look awful. xD
    That's the best Froakie evo I've seen so far. Fennekin's could be (much) better. Chespin's...just no.
    Reila likes this.

Blog Entries

That's the best Froakie evo I've seen so far. Fennekin's could be (much) better. Chespin's...just no.
    I agree. What about this one? I personally loved it.
    Froakie's aren't that bad, but I still prefer the other I previously posted.

Chespin's are as terrible as the previous one.

Last edited by Reila; 12th January 2013 at 04:03 PM.