SPOILERS: Starter Discussion - Page 35

View Poll Results: Which Kalos starter did you choose?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

22 33.85%
  • Fennekin

22 33.85%
  • Froakie

21 32.31%
Page 35 of 160 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast

Thread: Starter Discussion

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Starters final forms?

I am curious. Why people want Froakie's evo to be bulky and muscular when we already have two bulky frogs in Pokémon (Poliwrath and Seismitoad)? Honestly, I'd rather see it evolving to a slim and fast ninja-esque frog. Every freaking Water starter evolved to something rather bulky (Except Empoleon, but only design-wise), it is even worse than the Fire/Fighting curse. That said... If it really has to evolve to a bulky frog, it must look somewhat like Gamahiro from Naruto.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Pokémon X & Y Starter Discussion

Hmm...Fennekin is probably my favorite at the moment.

But I like Froakie, too.
    Pearl FC: 0689 8559 2961
    Platinum FC: 3868 1384 3198
    SoulSilver FC: 2021 2908 5745
    Black 2 FC: 4170 2700 6717

My shop!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't usually choose grass types, but this time I'll go with Chespin.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if it's very likely, but I'm really hoping that Chespin's final evo is Grass/Steel or Grass/Rock. Grass/Dark and some of the other suggestions are okay, but they have many weaknesses (Grass/Dark has 6 with one being 4x) while a Grass/Steel evo would only have 2 weaknesses (with one 4x) and Grass/Rock would have 4 weaknesses (all 2x). The Rock and Steel combos sound much better to me, so my fingers are crossed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm definitely choosing Fennekin as of right now. It's just so cute. I hope it's evolution isn't fire/fighting though.
    Shiny Sninx Breeding!
    Hatch Count: 67
    Trying to obtain a Shiny Shinx!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. Froakie's line will most likely end up similar to Chimchar's family. Agile, nimble, high speed and attack. Not bulky at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reila View Post
    Fire/Fighting is repetitive, but it is better than a terrible typing like Fire/Flying at least.

Quote Originally Posted by FreyaChobit View Post
    because they could be Faint Attack [...] Low Sweep or Rolling Kick.
    That attack look more like Aerial Ace or even Night Slash than Faint Attack.

Also, are these two last moves your bets for the move Froakie used in the video?
    The Dark type moves listed were my theory on what move Chespin could have been using (Beat Up was another possibility), the Psychic type moves listed were my theory on what move Fennekin could have been using and the Fighting type moves were my theory on what the move Froakie used could have been.

I prefer the idea of the evolution types being Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic and Water/Fighting, if they are dual types that involve Dark, Psychic and Fighting because it levels out the playing field a little more in the way of type advantages. If the typing was Grass/Dark, Fire/Fighting and Water/Psychic, it would mean there was effectively a double weakness, to the type strongest against it. That's not to suggest I think the developers would never do that. Just that it wouldn't make sense to me.

Night slash seemed somewhat unlikely to me as the move Chespin used, although it's a very popular a suggestion, because it's a 70 power attack and lower level Pokemon (potentially what we were shown may have been representative of moves they learn shortly before first evolving or at around that level) don't often have such high power. Night slash is also a Ghost type move and as I explained in my previous post, I was looking for Dark type moves to suggest that were potentially appropriate. I do agree that it's entirely possible that it could be Night Slash and might have been nothing to do with the typing.

Obviously, all of this is pure speculation. I just wanted to share my thoughts on the subject. For all we know, the Pokemon moves might have all been from random TMs they can learn, lol.

EDIT: Dark type is also strong against Ghost type (Golurk), which is also what made me think a Dark type attack could be more likely but then type advantage doesn't apply to all the other Pokemon attacks shown, aside from Froakie's sequence, if it was using Water Gun then Rolling/Low Kick. And going back to the random TM possibility, Night Slash and Aerial Ace are both current TMs, so it might be a sign they'll be in X and Y too.
    Last edited by FreyaChobit; 13th January 2013 at 10:15 AM. Reason: adding additional comments
    Kaguya★
    0132-1930-0945

(Feel free to message me, if you'd like to trade; I'm just not able to always guarantee my availability).

Registered User Mamasoftshellturtle's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add Mamasoftshellturtle on Facebook
    Visit Mamasoftshellturtle's Youtube Channel

For now I like Fennekin the most, but I'll have to see the final evolutions before I make my final decision.
    Amyda Nakornsrithammarajensis

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pokefanforever View Post
    I agree. Froakie's line will most likely end up similar to Chimchar's family. Agile, nimble, high speed and attack. Not bulky at all.
    Indeed! Froakie is based on the frog-prince of the respective fairytale. Wigs were a must for the (French) nobility, Froakie also seems to have a sort of wig.

The nobles weren't known for their bulkiness too. They were smart, 'elegant' (with dancing) and sometimes arrogant.

So please no pitfighter, no dragon, no Chinese marks, no bulkiness, no fighting-type, no ninja and no masshairy-body (like Santa) or something. Just let him be noble-looking and thin/agile. Pure water or water/ice maybe (I personally think it will stay pure water).

Frogbutts are a French delicacy by the way, the new region also has some French-stuff, so voila! A link!

Example of the wigs that were worn by the nobility:wigs-21.jpg
    Last edited by Jungleluke; 12th January 2013 at 12:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i would love to see fennekins final form it will be soooo cute.

froakie will be a mustache water god chespin will be a bear samuri and fennekin will be a majestic thing
    Last edited by Joshawott; 12th January 2013 at 12:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Icestar649 View Post
    i would love to see fennekins final form it will be soooo cute
    Well Torchic was pretty adorable too ... before it became Blaziken. :P

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

post drawings of what you think the satrters final forms will look like

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jungleluke View Post
    So please no pitfighter, no dragon, no Chinese marks, no bulkiness, no fighting-type, no ninja and no masshairy-body (like Santa) or something. Just let him be noble-looking and thin/agile. Pure water or water/ice maybe (I personally think it will stay pure water).
    Water/Ice? Nah, everything but this horribly awful typing. Why are people so against Fighting-type all of a sudden? O.o I understand not wanting Fennekin to be Fire/Fighting, but the type still is one of the bests. Water/Fighting would be a legendary typing for Froakie's evo. Not as awesome as Water/Dark, though.

Oh well, if the video is anything to go by, Froakie will probably be some sort of ninja (shinobi, more specifically) or at least a fighter, because of its pose and fastness.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsutarja View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Icestar649 View Post
    i would love to see fennekins final form it will be soooo cute
    Well Torchic was pretty adorable too ... before it became Blaziken. :P
    Yeah, same goes to Snivy... No, wait, Serperior is as much adorable as Snivy. <3

Super Nintendo Chalmers Bug Catcher Wade's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It's rare, but I really solidly like all three of them this generation. We'll see if ther evolutions hold up.

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't you read what I said? Froakie is based on the frog-prince, that's why he has a wig! Why would it turn into a fighter/ninja or something? That would ruin his evolution-line, his personality! Nintendo always follows some thread when it comes to designs and 'personalities'.

This isn't Spectrobes or something, where everything is heavily-armored, epic and exaggerated. Pokémon has a certain kind of realism and follows some 'rules'.
    Last edited by Jungleluke; 12th January 2013 at 01:29 PM.