SPOILERS: Starter Discussion - Page 34

View Poll Results: Which Kalos starter did you choose?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

22 34.38%
  • Fennekin

21 32.81%
  • Froakie

21 32.81%
Page 34 of 160 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast
Like Tree1424Likes

Thread: Starter Discussion

Default Re: Starters final forms?

I realize there may be many objections to this, but I just had an interesting idea. I was thinking about Eevee and I liked how it had many evolutions and I thought more Pokemon should e like this. So why not the starters? I don't know if I even totally want this, but starters could have two evolution paths. This could be good because if Gamefreak wanted another Fire/fighting then they could but you could choose it to be another type. This could also help if you wanted a grass type with high defense, for example. But the water type had highest defense, you could pick the grass, but instead of a speedy Pokemon, you could have a bulky one. Please feel free to discuss.

Loving all things Eevee Eeveeanne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I would like it if the fire type evolved into a fire/psychic type that looks something like (and forgive me pokefans but...) this! I want this!
    http://quizilla.teennick.com/user_images/V/VI/VIX/vixie13/1153107491_sKyuubimon.jpg

The grass type looked to me like it might turn out to be a Grass/Dark type. (could have sworn i saw it use faint attack) I think he would look something like a spikey grass hedgehog(like werehog Sonic) or a grass version of Bertic really.

As for the water type I took him to be something like sismitoad in it's last evolution and be a water/fighting type which is okay with me as long as it's not the fire type.

Quote Originally Posted by epicparker View Post
    I realize there may be many objections to this, but I just had an interesting idea. I was thinking about Eevee and I liked how it had many evolutions and I thought more Pokemon should e like this. So why not the starters? I don't know if I even totally want this, but starters could have two evolution paths. This could be good because if Gamefreak wanted another Fire/fighting then they could but you could choose it to be another type. This could also help if you wanted a grass type with high defense, for example. But the water type had highest defense, you could pick the grass, but instead of a speedy Pokemon, you could have a bulky one. Please feel free to discuss.
    I think that would be interesting. If the starters were designed that way you could very well design your starter whenever you see fit to complement you team in a way which best benefits you. It would also be interesting to see what other trainers would have chosen to evolve their starter into. But then part of me feels it's unnecessary because you have such a wide spread of pokemon who's stats and strengths vary that you could put a pretty decent team together with or without your starter. So it would be a pretty nifty thing for the trainer but in the end the trainer still might not end up using the starter at all.
    Last edited by Zeb; 12th January 2013 at 11:39 AM. Reason: adding double post info

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Just how long till will we see the evolutions >.<

I remember seeing a couple of middle evolutions on a BW anime character scale sheet that got posted in early summer. The full Unova starter evolution lines were leaked shortly after, but people were skeptical until they were confirmed much closer to the Japanese release date.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet View Post
    Didn't we get to see BW starters within the same month as the games' release? I at least remember that DP's starter evolutions weren't revealed until the games actually came out.

In that case, it'll probably be the same here.
    If I remember correctly, the final evolutions were revealed in the last Corocoro issue before the games were released. However, we knew about the starters ahead of Corocoro because someone had leaked them.

I don't care to see the final evolutions of the starters and would rather find it while playing the game. I would like to see brand new Pokemon though.

Do you guys think it'll be too soon to reveal more new Pokemon next month?

I'd be happy if Corocoro reveals 2 new Pokemon each month leading up to the release of the games.

Starter evolutions are some of the last Pokemon revealed.

The only generation in which they were revealed super early was Gen II.

In Gen III, only Blaziken was revealed early.

We didn't get Gen IV and V starter evos till the month of release.

In other words, don't expect to see them till September 2013 at earliest.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Blog Entries

we might see the mid-evo's soon... weren't Servine and Dewott shown in a sketch for the anime? along with Woobat I think
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Default Re: Pokémon X & Y Starter Discussion

Chespin is the best for me due to the cute appearance, I easily see Ash catching one in the anime as his main regional Pokemon. Also love the hedgehog-like design and headgear. Next in line is Froakie, since it's not traditionally cute as the other Water-type but I like frogs and plus the former unique trait is a good thing. Then third is Fennekin, I'm a bit worn out on foxes since Zoroark was like one of my hype-worthy Pokemon of Gen V and of course, keeping in typical Gotpika fashion, I'm choosing not to believe the hype and follow the bandwagon. :P
    Last edited by Bubble Frog; 12th January 2013 at 01:34 AM.

Thinking about it some more, I almost don't want to be told what the starters will evolve into. Now that we have launch parity with Japan, not knowing what they are and finding out right along side the entire world feels far more interesting. Almost how I felt in Gen 1 (though I'm pretty sure I knew about the evos by the time I started actually playing).
    The_Doctor likes this.
    V Faction: Bulbatized

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3136 - 6603 - 1330

is back for 2014 S.S. Shadow Minun's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow S.S. Shadow Minun On Twitter Add S.S. Shadow Minun on Facebook
    Visit S.S. Shadow Minun's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Gen VI Shiny Starters - Thoughts?

Chespin=Yellow on his hat (Pikachu ripoff again?)
    Fennekin=Dark yellow with purple blue flames (remember Chandelure has blue purple flames?)
    Froakie=dark purple

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cityvillain View Post
    I'm predicting Fennekin will just be a pure Fire type. That will go the leagues of Arcanine, Ninetales, Rapidash, Darmitan, Typhlosion, etc.
    I think Fennekin would be Fire/Psychic, as he's based on Demon Fox (Kitsune). The Demon Foxes usually fire using their superpower moves (as similar to Psychic types). Nah, I don't want to see Fire/Fighting type again for starters.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Shadow Minun View Post
    I think Fennekin would be Fire/Psychic, as he's based on Demon Fox (Kitsune). The Demon Foxes usually fire using their superpower moves (as similar to Psychic types). Nah, I don't want to see Fire/Fighting type again for starters.
    What? Besides being based on fennec foxes, we don't know what else Fennekin was based on yet.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reila View Post
    What? Besides being based on fennec foxes, we don't know what else Fennekin was based on yet.
    Don't you read this: Kitsune may also be likely origin for Fennekin.

Nyx

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Shadow Minun View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Reila View Post
    Don't you read this: Kitsune may also be likely origin for Fennekin.
    That's nothing but speculation. Until we're given more information all we know for sure is that Fennekin is based on the fennec fox.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Yep, I think I've gotten my complete opinion on the starters cemented.

Chespin:Best, unique design and concept, not a reptilian Grass-type, a bit of a rodent-ish look but regardless it stands on its own and has a neat look.

Froakie:Kinda ugly and stupid looking at first, but looking back somewhat cute now. Stands out from the other Water-type as being the first non-traditionally super cute one and that regard. It doesn't look closely similar to other Frog Pokemon thankfully.

Fennekin:Tired of foxes, especially when Zoroark and Zorua are mascots of Gen V and not to mention play N's signature Pokemon in the game. Also we've had quite the large advertisement of the Eevee family, we also have Vulpix and Ninetales. There is no need for another traditionally cute fox Pokemon so, meh, on Fennekin. Let alone a firefox or possible Kitsune or Psychic fox since Ninetales played that role to a tee itself. Of course I wouldn't mind the typing, it's just nothing super interesting.

I would like to see
    Fennekin having ninetales-esque look to it but without all the tails
    Froakie being a really bulky muscular frog maybe with that thing aorund it's neck will grow larger
    Chespin as a Ferret with the points on it's hat thing extending down it's back and having much more pointy