Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sprite rips

I wanna see Sandslash sprites >w<
    hehe, there so cute ^-^

Blog Entries

Those have to be the cutest Charmander sprites EVER! X3

Route 1 - Pokémon Screenshot Project!
    Episode screenshots for all to enjoy~

Wait, Are the sprites diffrent on each game? and animte diffrently, or are they the same, cause..if they are diffrent..
    oh goodie@_@

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii
    Sprites are coming soon apparently
    I wonder where he's getting them?

Thank you Jolty for the banner!
    Pokémon Messageboards I Visit:
    Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden ~ Serebii's Pokemon Page
    My LiveJournal
    "Stop making us have sex with each other in your fanfictions." ~Ray Toro of My Chemical Romance
    "I am dead serious. I am not that pretty." ~Gerard Way of My Chemical Romance

∠(>w<) #634 Argy's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Argy On Twitter
    Add Argy on Linkedin

I think he said he and someone else were going to try to recreate them.

Couldn't someone with a ROM just cut the sprite image out and take out the surrounding area?

Blog Entries
    Follow Argy On Twitter
    Add Argy on Linkedin

It isn't loading for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Roses Ablaze View Post
    I wonder where he's getting them?
    I think Eevee (veekun.com) just ripped the Charmander sprite, which means they're really close to figuring out the encoding of the sprites, and will get it soon I think

Pie
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Argy View Post

Couldn't someone with a ROM just cut the sprite image out and take out the surrounding area?
    Depends. If you can get the ROM to play directly on your computer screen, then yes, there should be little stopping you from getting the sprites except timing for the animation ones. But given all the screenshots I've seen are taken with a camera, and not the crisp straight-from-the-game-data images you'd need to do that?

The only way it'd help is as a base for recreating the image, pixel for pixel, as I did with the Korobooshi sprite a while back.

And given how frickin' many sprites there are, and the fact that that leaves so much room for error? Recreating every last one by hand in Paint is possible but should be an absolute last ditch resort avoided at all costs unless you just feel like inflicting a lot of pain on yourself.

Experienced spriter talking here. Trying to duplicate a large number of sprites in an art program is neither quick nor easy nor smart. It's a painstaking process that will kill your eyes and your patience, and no matter how you slice it it's infinitely better to rip the sprites from the game's data code.
    By reading this, you have given me temporary control of your mind.

Serebii is a Freakin God, do not question his Sprite Obtaining Abilities mortals!

Bah, Charmander sucks!

I want a Totodile sprite!

It's tasting time! Kasumi's Avatar Former Art Director
    Blog Entries
    Follow Kasumi On Twitter Add Kasumi on Google+
    Follow Kasumi on Tumblr Follow Kasumi on Flickr

Awesome. Kudos to Vee-kun. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Pie View Post
    Depends. If you can get the ROM to play directly on your computer screen, then yes, there should be little stopping you from getting the sprites except timing for the animation ones. But given all the screenshots I've seen are taken with a camera, and not the crisp straight-from-the-game-data images you'd need to do that?
    D/P don't run on the barely-as-it-is-working DS Emulators. To play DS ROMs you have to play them on your DS - hence photos even if you're playing the ROM, hence no-one being able to take screenshots of the game running on the computer to be able to take the sprites from the screenshot.

We knew this would be problematic the instant D/P was confirmed for the DS. I don't think it was expected that the DS image compression would be so annoying to get around in hacking though.

Still, progress is being made and is being made relatively quickly for what's basically a trail and error way of doing things. It may take weeks yet to get the whole set of everything - but eventually we will.

The only REAL problem we have is that we can't illustrate online guides or anything thanks to not being able to make maps.

Pie
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Habunake NEOS View Post
    Serebii is a Freakin God, do not question his Sprite Obtaining Abilities mortals!
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

I don't care how divine or unholy he is. His sprite obtaining abilities consist of waiting like the rest of us for someone to decode all the sprite data. He doesn't exactly hide it in his most recent news post.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Oak View Post
    D/P don't run on the barely-as-it-is-working DS Emulators. To play DS ROMs you have to play them on your DS - hence photos even if you're playing the ROM, hence no-one being able to take screenshots of the game running on the computer to be able to take the sprites from the screenshot.

We knew this would be problematic the instant D/P was confirmed for the DS. I don't think it was expected that the DS image compression would be so annoying to get around in hacking though.

Still, progress is being made and is being made relatively quickly for what's basically a trail and error way of doing things. It may take weeks yet to get the whole set of everything - but eventually we will.

The only REAL problem we have is that we can't illustrate online guides or anything thanks to not being able to make maps.
    Yeah, I figured all this considering every fantastic new image from the game is a blurry photo. Which sucks, of course.
    By reading this, you have given me temporary control of your mind.

Blog Entries
    Follow Argy On Twitter
    Add Argy on Linkedin

I could see how people couldn't get the touch screen to work on an on-computer emulator, but what if they just used AR or GS codes on the ROM to simply get the Pok&#233;mon to appear on the top screen?

I wonder why Pok&#233;mon France doesn't make screenshots with their capture device. It would be easy to cut out the sprites from those screenshots.

I could see how people couldn't get the touch screen to work on an on-computer emulator, but what if they just used AR or GS codes on the ROM to simply get the Pok&#233;mon to appear on the top screen?
    Because the emulator crashes or doesn't even start emulating the game?
    Last edited by nYoo; 3rd October 2006 at 10:56 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast