Spinoffs you would like to see return, or new spinoff types. - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spinoffs you would like to see return, or new spinoff types.

追放されたバカ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Spinoffs you would like to see return, or new spinoff types.

Quote Originally Posted by Keegman View Post
    Link or it didn't happen. I'm looking around the Dojo and finding nothing.
    All posts he made back then were deleted to restore memory on the site, or something like that. All I know is that they revealed it right after revealing the voice actor for King Dedede. Try looking it up online or something!

Quote Originally Posted by Keegman View Post
    And promotional material is nothing to go by. I mean, MGS4 was promoted as the end of the metal gear saga, and yet we have four more games on the way.
    ...all prequels or spin-offs!

Post Thanks / Like

If I were to polish something old, I'd like to see an updated Pokemon Snap! (Give the player some feet this time)

As for something new, I've always wanted a "Smash Bros"-like game just for pokemon. Complete with in battle evolutions!
    Go with Grass, Dave

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I've had a ton of ideas for how a Pokemon 2D Fighter would work.

I don't think every Pokemon should be playable obviously, but I think a generous roster of around...40 or so would be nice chosen from every Generation. Only problem is, bar the obvious like Pikachu, I don't know how they'd go about choosing the rest since, after subtracting the ones who obviously wouldn't work, there are still a lot of potential candidates. Maybe the company making it could host a poll or something to decide?

For game play, I think they should incorporate the 4-Special Move style from Smash Brothers but with two differences. First off, you could not spam special moves as each Pokemon would have a PP-bar which would decrease a certain amount depending on what Special Move you used and you would have to wait for it to fill up again. Second, borrowing an idea from DBZ fighters, Pokemon would have customizable Special Moves. I was thinking each Pokemon would have a base moveset, but you could purchase TMs which would grant them new moves allowing more customization. Moves would be divided by how you activate them (B, Up-B, Down-B, Side-B), so you couldn't have overlap when choosing moves. In addition to Special Moves, each Pokemon would have basic attacks that are weaker but cost no PP as well as a block, a taunt, and a throw.
    Yu-Gi-Oh!
    Duel Monsters Sengoku!

An original Yu-Gi-Oh Fanfic! Join Yuto Masamune and his Imperial Monster Patch-Eye Dragon as they take on Sengoku Academy!

Current Chapter -Turn 2: One-Eyed Duelist, One-Eyed Dragon! Impress Summon, [Patch-Eye Dragon]!

Yuto continues his Duel against Shisa, a delinquent who calls himself a "Chain Duelist!". Just then, as Shisa's strong offense and defense overwhelms Yuto, a new type of summon occurs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Shackleford View Post
    2D fighter.

I've wanted this forever. :0
    3D fighter. Sonic Fighters style.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd still like to see a game that combines Stadium, Colosseum, and PBR. D: Especially improve and polish PBR's character customization thing. Lots of fun, that was!
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

The Dude Abides
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, an XD sequel for the Wii would be aces. This is crazy and will never happen, but the default character should be female. But tomboyish. And actually have routes, and the first Pokemon in your party following you (I've grown to love it, and they must always have it from now on) and being able to assist you on puzzles in the field. But there would be a system where, after clearing a route, you could skip over it every time afterwards if you wanted to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It has literally been my dream for YEARS to see a Smash Brothers styled Pokémon fighting game.

Of course a new PMD would be fun too.

But one thing I was thinking of was a game (standard or PMD-style) where the battling was a a fusion of anime style battling and real-time Tales of Symphonia style battling.
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

追放されたバカ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Drakon View Post
    It has literally been my dream for YEARS to see a Smash Brothers styled Pokémon fighting game.
    Imagine! Lucario vs. Zoroark! Blaziken vs. Infernape! Ho-Oh vs. Lugia!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

But one thing I was thinking of was a game (standard or PMD-style) where the battling was a a fusion of anime style battling and real-time Tales of Symphonia style battling.
    Not interested, but explain..

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This is one of the best ideas EVER. I'm not sure if the game just released in the wii ware is like that or not. I'd love to see that as long as you could have every pokemon except legendary ones at the beginning of the game, and you didn't have to use another game to get all of the pokemon like stadium did with mewtwo.
    I don't always resist, but when I do, it's with The Resistance. Stay resistant, my friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Defense
    After all, what is a Resistance member if he doesn't resist?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Game Maker View Post
    Imagine! Lucario vs. Zoroark! Blaziken vs. Infernape! Ho-Oh vs. Lugia!
    Or Magikarp vs. Feebas!
    Quote Originally Posted by Somari View Post
    3D fighter. Sonic Fighters style.
    Complete with bad, outdated 3D graphics? Or non-challenging enemies?

Not interested in a figthing game, but that's because I don't like fighting games in general. But it would be definately good to see, if they did it with good graphics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellwarden View Post
    So....everyone is happy that a "Deux Ex Machina" is being taken down with another Deux Ex Machina....
    Quote Originally Posted by Iteru
    You know, it would be hilarious if Harley did get a sex change and became Langley.
    Youtube account, DA account, SerebiiForums account, Tinypic account, Imageshack account, Photobucket account,Smogon account, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So, I thought about a SSB-style Pokemon Fighter.

I was thinking cel-shaded 3D graphics on a 2D plane for a Smash-esque game. Also, I don't think it would have all the Pokemon playable for obvious reasons.

A roster I thought of would be Pikachu, Meowth, Jigglypuff, Farfetch'd, Chikorita, Gligar, Sneasel, Hitmontop, Plusle + Minun, Kecleon, Sableye, Mawile, Piplup, Gible, Croagunk, Munchlax, Poliwhirl, Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, Mr. Mime, Sudowoodo, Scizor, Heracross, Octillery, Medicham, Blaziken, Ludicolo, Vigoroth, Lucario, Driftblim, Ambipom, Roserade, Snorlax, Charizard, Wobbuffet, Tyranitar, Hariyama, Metagross, Vespiquen, Dusknoir, Mewtwo, Celebi, Deoxys, Regigigas.

That's a nice mix of 44 Pokemon, 11 from each Generation, with each Generation having 4 "light-weights", 4 "medium-weights", and 2 "heavy-weights" (based more off of their general height and play-style as opposed to biological weight) with light-weights being faster and able to launch moves quicker whereas heavy-weights are slower but have much more strength and stamina. Each Gen would also have a secret Legendary which would be Celebi (light-weight), Mewtwo (medium-weight), Regigigas (heavy-weight), and Deoxys whose different forms would change its weight class and play-style. I chose the Pokemon out of mascots and ones I thought would have interesting ways of battle, with a focus on mainly bipedal Pokemon bar a few exceptions like Chikorita, Octillery, and Metagross who would simply play a bit differently. Hitmontop would be able to switch between spinning on its head and walking, Medicham would have powerful moves that would need to charge, Munchlax could eat food on the stage to increase its stamina by bloating it, etc. Kind of everyone would have a unique way of battle. Oh, and Pokemon wouldn't have the exact same stats as their main-game counterparts so any one of them could viably win.

I was thinking that in addition to choosing a Pokemon, you could also choose a trainer prior to that who would stand in the background of the stage and stuff. Further than that, each trainer would have their own additional Pokemon which would act as a "Super Move" so to speak which would perform a cinematic attack. Each playable Pokemon would have their own "Super" activation move that would have to hit the opponent before the cinematic takes over in which they would be switched out and the trainer's other Pokemon would initiate the "Super Move".

For that, I was thinking the chooseable trainers would be the player characters from each Gen, the rival, normal trainer classes, the champion, and the evil team leader.

So, you'd have Red (Venusaur), Leaf (Blastoise), Lass (Chansey), Youngster (Raticate), Bug Catcher (Butterfree), Bird Keeper (Pidgeot), Blue (Gyrados), Giovanni (Persian), Ethan (Typhlosion), Lyra (Feraligatr), Silver (Crobat), Kimono Girl (random Eeveelution), Guitarist (Ampharos), Camper (Jumpluff), Lance (Dragonite), Archer (Houndoom), Brendan (Sceptile), May (Swampert), Wally (Gardevoir), Ninja Boy (Ninjask and Shedinja), Lady (Milotic), Steven (Aggron), Archie (Sharpedo), Maxie (Camerupt), Lucas (Torterra), Dawn (Infernape), Barry (Staraptor), Veteran (Gallade), Reporter (Chatot), Worker (Magnezone), Cynthia (Garchomp), and Cyrus (Honchkrow).

So, 32 trainers in all mixed with 44 Pokemon which would give you 1408 possible combinations. Each trainer's "Super Move" would have a unique effect based on the Pokemon, although it's not exactly based on how strong that Pokemon is in the main game. For example, Raticate's Super Fang cuts the opponent's HP in half each time, while Jumpluff throws some cotton spores on the opponent which greatly slows them down.

The Arcade Mode would consist of 9 fights and there would be 5 different "Championships". Each Championship would be a fight against 4 light-weights first, followed by 3 medium-weights, a heavy-weight, and then the Boss. So, kind of similar to the layout in the games with 8 "gyms" and then a championship fight.

Kanto Championship: You'd fight Kanto Trainers/Pokemon with Giovanni always being the seventh while Blue would always be the eighth. Boss fight is Mewtwo.
    Johto Championship: You'd fight Johto Trainers/Pokemon with Archer always being the seventh while Lance would be the eighth. Boss fight is Celebi.
    Hoenn Championship: You'd fight Hoenn Trainers/Pokemon with Archie or Maxie randomly assigned to slots six and seven while Steven is the eighth. Boss fight is Deoxys.
    Sinnoh Championship: You'd fight Sinnoh Trainers/Pokemon with Cyrus the seventh while Cynthia would be the eighth. Boss fight is Regigigas.
    Master Championship: You'd fight Pokemon and Trainers from every region randomly. Seventh slot would be one of the villains while the eight would be one of the champions. Boss would be Arceus, a non-playable boss that is.

Stage-wise, each Region would have nine stages each, plus a Pokemon Stadium which would be a generic stage used in training mode, and the Hall of Origin where you would battle bosses, for a total of 38 stages. Stages wouldn't have any effect on game play but they would be visually interesting and contain cameos from game characters and Pokemon.

Kanto: Pallet Town, Viridian Forest, Mt. Moon (exterior), S.S. Anne, Safari Zone, Lavender Town, Saffron City, Victory Road, Pokemon Mansion (destroyed).
    Johto: MooMoo Farm, National Park, Goldenrod Tunnel, Ruins of Alph (exterior), Ecruteak City, Pokeathalon Dome, Lake of Rage, Dragon's Den, Illex Forest.
    Hoenn: Petalburg Gym, Fortree City, Desert Ruins (exterior), Contest Hall, Battle Frontier, Seaside Cycling Road, Sootopolis (G vs. K fight), Meteor Falls, Mossdeep Space Center.
    Sinnoh: Valley Windworks, The Underground, Global Terminal, Sunyshore City, Hotel Grand Lake, Iron Island, Spear Pillar, Distortion World, Snowpoint Temple.
    Yu-Gi-Oh!
    Duel Monsters Sengoku!

An original Yu-Gi-Oh Fanfic! Join Yuto Masamune and his Imperial Monster Patch-Eye Dragon as they take on Sengoku Academy!

Current Chapter -Turn 2: One-Eyed Duelist, One-Eyed Dragon! Impress Summon, [Patch-Eye Dragon]!

Yuto continues his Duel against Shisa, a delinquent who calls himself a "Chain Duelist!". Just then, as Shisa's strong offense and defense overwhelms Yuto, a new type of summon occurs!

Post Thanks / Like

I think a racing game, kind of like Mario Kart but for the Pokemon series, would be really cool.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Volkner582 View Post
    I think a racing game, kind of like Mario Kart but for the Pokemon series, would be really cool.
    That would be awsome. (Cuz' I'm really good at Mario Kart. Just if you wre wondering.)

I like to save the beef for my tacos, so that's why my sig isn't that...well,beefy. (:

Reshiram is for those who are cool.

Registered User LinkSeasonMaster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow LinkSeasonMaster On Twitter Add LinkSeasonMaster on Google+
    Follow LinkSeasonMaster on Tumblr Visit LinkSeasonMaster's Youtube Channel

There are at quite a few spinoff series I want to see return. These include the Orre games (Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness), Pokemon Snap, Stadium (I miss the adorable and hilarious minigames), and Pinball!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast