Speculation:Will Gen 6 have a third game or something different? - Page 8

View Poll Results: What will happen after the Gen 6 main pair?

Voters
204. You may not vote on this poll
  • A third game, like Gens 1-4

98 48.04%
  • Sequels like Black 2 and White 2

47 23.04%
  • A prequel maybe, we've never seen that

26 12.75%
  • Other/something totally original(explain)

33 16.18%
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Like Tree176Likes

Thread: Speculation:Will Gen 6 have a third game or something different?

Scandal In The Firenation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Akira Bond on Tumblr

Default Re: So, what's next in Gen 6?

Quote Originally Posted by VeggiePopper View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    Black 2/White 2 also recycled an awful lot of content. In fact, it was originally planned as TWO third versions until Satoru Iwata said no.
    Did you even read my post?
    I did. However, you said the concept of a third version is dead - which it clearly isn't as Black 2/White 2 were an extension of one. All because we had one generation without a third version doesn't mean the idea is dead - they originally were third versions and were only vetoed against because Iwata wanted Masuda to justify making a game for the DS when the 3DS was already out. If that situation hadn't existed, Black 2/White 2 would have been two third versions.
    I think that by 'dead' he meant 'moot and no-purpose', not literally dead. As I get it, his point is that the concept of third version is dead is not because Gen V didn't get one, but because now with Nintendo going full-on with DLC, everything a third version has to offer can be done via DLC as both (third versions and DLC) work on the same concept -some extra stuff in addition to the original game, therefore, there's no excuse anymore to make us buy the same game again in the form of a third version when it can be handled via DLC.
    I dislike having to bring this up, however, as much as I love the concept of replacing third versions with DLC (preferably free), as is most company's goal, and as much as a goal it is for GameFreak to please their fans, there's also the point of profit. GameFreak realises that even with DLC available for them to utilise, they could still probably get away with creating another third version (or similar) game and still have all their fans purchase them. I personally hope however, that we'll be receiving quite a lot of interesting DLC content.
    Phoenixon likes this.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Speculation:Will Gen 6 have a third game or something different?

If they make Pokémon Z, I will be named Goku and my Fennekin will be named Gohan.

Other than the mandatory joke, I think a third version is more likely. But whose to say the third version won't be a sequel?

Blog Entries

It's hard to say without knowing how dramatic the version differences are, but I feel like direct sequels were a one-time thing. It's also a possibility GameFreak will continue to phase out third versions as Nintendo as a whole is slowly but increasingly adopting DLC. That being said, third versions and sequels are still extremely profitable for GameFreak, especially because they're working off complete games as the basis and the majority of the content is recycled. They'll still find a way make a healthy profit outside of the first two versions of a generation. Although all the 3rd Generation games are closely linked and it's weird to imagine a Hoenn game without a Kanto counterpart by its side, I can still see either a Hoenn remake or sequel by this generation's end.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Masuda said it iirc in a twitter. Not the most solid of sources, but yeah. If he meant it, and is asked at the Q&A about it, he's probably gonna say the same thing, so we'll see. And yeah. paid-dlc is vastly different from event Pokemon/musicals tournaments. Which is why I mentioned it. Cause if they do skip on DLC, then as I said a 3rd game is kind of redundant. They could theoretically improve with 3rd game changes in the main games and release a Z for new players, but with a single save, and a really hard way to implement a new game +, its even more of a pain. Sequels as I said would weird, as Kalos is pretty much complete. So for everyone confused at what I was implying, this is basically it:

3rd games instead of DLC is backwards, and GF probably knows it, and sequels would work in a much more restrained way then B2W2 does.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Chesman View Post
    Masuda said it iirc in a twitter. Not the most solid of sources, but yeah.
    Any indication as to when he supposedly stated that? Masuda seldom tweets about anything interesting, and you didn't mention this the last time we discussed DLC.

Default Third version or another sequel?

Last edited by Zeb; 7th October 2013 at 07:16 PM.

追放されたバカ

Default Re: Third version or another sequel?

I think it will be a 3rd version similar to Platinum, although I'd like a sequel as in BW2

Last edited by Zeb; 7th October 2013 at 07:16 PM.

Zeb
    five times in the mirror Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

Spoilers below.

Ugh, really sorry I had a major brain fart and forgot spoiler tags.

Blog Entries

It may be a good idea to actually play XY before we speculate on which direction Game Freak will take with future Kalos games. They can release two versions in any scenario, and they probably will at this point.

Registered User Gym Leader Juan's Avatar
    Follow Gym Leader Juan On Twitter

I have no doubt in my mind that not only will they do a third installment, I believe that it will be called Pokemon Z. I also think the console battle games have been successful enough for them to make one for the wiiU.

A third version would make total sense for a few reasons:

- XYZ: Game Freak has already confirmed that the naming of Pokemon X and Y has to do with coordinates. 2D space gives you X and Y; 3D space gives you X/Y/Z.
    - Xerneas and Yveltal have been compared to the germ layers of the body (Xerneas = nerves, Yveltal = muscle). There's a third layer, too.

Though I must say that if a third version is what we'll see then version-exclusive Mega Stones no doubt already have a Z counterpart planned, too?
    "What?! You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"
    (No wonder Pokemon nicknames are so difficult to think up.)

Vivillon Color: High Plains
    Friend Safari: Fighting (Meditite, Throh, Tyrogue), 4296-3230-7210

Blog Entries

calling it now, charizardnite z is going to make megacharizard a goddamn Fire Dragon with drought and levitate with super increased stats

Follow King Shuckle On Twitter

We could get a third game, or, if you want to talk about something different....

Just an idea.

A) I won't be surprised if it would be a prequel instead of a sequel.

B) Third game/s will be set into mass migration, reversing how Gamefreak added "old Pokemon" to the region, with this one adding "new Pokemon" to the region.

C) Something explosive and out of the box for Pokemon's 20th Anniversary in 3 years' time.

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast