Speculation:Will Gen 6 have a third game or something different? - Page 5

View Poll Results: What will happen after the Gen 6 main pair?

Voters
204. You may not vote on this poll
  • A third game, like Gens 1-4

98 48.04%
  • Sequels like Black 2 and White 2

47 23.04%
  • A prequel maybe, we've never seen that

26 12.75%
  • Other/something totally original(explain)

33 16.18%
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree176Likes

Thread: Speculation:Will Gen 6 have a third game or something different?

Default Re: Speculation:Will Gen 6 have a third game or something different?

At this point, I can only guess that it will either be 3rd version "Z" or sequels "XX and XY". Still a bit early though...

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Awhile back, I had this idea...

X and Y (well, back then I didn't have those names in mind, but the idea for Legendaries were inspired by chromosomes) were the initial versions, and the plots in those games were a Ruby and Sapphire situation, each version having their own Evil Team (and unlike RS the other team wouldn't appear as good guys, they wouldn't exist in that game). The stories would be similar, with reoccurring elements, and the final plot-line involving the Legendaries breeding and laying an egg, which you could obtain in the post-game but, ultimately, that would be non-canon, with the canon ending being right after they breed.

Anyway, there'd be one third version, but it'd also be a sequel. You could Memory Link, which would rewrite the scenes to imply that the version you played was the canon back-story, but if you played a fresh game, the background would be vague enough that either the X and Y plot-line could have occurred. Ultimately, though, the game would reveal that BOTH events took place, and you've reached a converged moment in the time-line, as the egg the Legendaries laid would be a key factor, being their offspring and all. There'd be some DLC Legendary inspired by singularity points/constants that'd also tie into it, as it would appear.

Given the possible "tree of life motif", I think they could use that here and metaphorically have the two games reach a singular "root" in a third-version sequel myself. It'd be a pretty cool idea, and something I saw Silktree and Outrage talk about for Black and White too, with the games being implied to be alternate universes that were both canon.
    Owain likes this.

Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Blog Entries

At this point anything can happen. However I tend to think the reason Gen V introduced a pair of sequels and not a third game, was because there were differences between Black and White that made difficult to "fuse" them. Imagine a "Pokémon Gray". Which location should be placed, Black City or White Forest? Which design should be used for Opelucid City? One, the other, some intermediate? Which Pokémon should have used N? It's not casual that even the related movie had to be made in two versions.

As far as we know about Pokémon X and Y (very-VERY little), both games don't have such differences. Eventually they could appear as the game's info is revealed, but for now, I think it's more probable there will be just one third version.

Anything can happen, however. I insist.
    Owain likes this.

Me verás volar por la ciudad de la furia...
    - Pokémon games are like boobs; designed for children, but more enjoyed by adults. (Someone on twitter)

Master of all balls. Pocket Ace's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like the idea that everyone's saying, to have a third version/sequel kind of deal. It'd be a good way to incorporate both ideas. It would be like having a third version, but we would feel like we're getting our money's worth because it'd be a new story. Provided that there are few enough differences that they can combine the stories, and kind of blur the lines for a sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    However I tend to think the reason Gen V introduced a pair of sequels and not a third game, was because there were differences between Black and White that made difficult to "fuse" them. Imagine a "Pokémon Gray". Which location should be placed, Black City or White Forest? Which design should be used for Opelucid City? One, the other, some intermediate? Which Pokémon should have used N? It's not casual that even the related movie had to be made in two versions.
    Yeah, I agree. I believe Masuda or somebody even stated in a presentation that before they planned to do paired "third versions." That is, another Black and White but with more features added in. The fandom reaction would've been interesting to say the least. I think they were really trying to push the whole duality, yin-yang concept throughout the generation, evident in the fact that they released M14 in two separate movies. While I think X and Y will have more differences than Generations I-IV, I don't think they'll be anywhere near as extreme as Generation V to keep the duality.

Credits to @Power of Aura :D

I have a theory that was (at least) interesting enough to make me register to tell it.
    I've considered some details that are sometimes ignored like the lifespan of the 3DS and the relation between Mewtwo and the genetics theme. Also, please keep in mind that in this theory I assume that X and Y do not take place at the same time as Gen I and III.

(Any similarity of this theory with reality is pure coincidence. And I'm even not joking, this is pure daydreaming.)

Pokémon X and Y have just come out, people drool at the new awesome 3D battle system and countless new interesting features and possibilities introduced. The demand for Ruby and Sapphire remakes is now bigger than ever: "Just release the damn games soon, Game Freak!"

But, as soon as people approach the end of the game[s X and Y]'s story, they nostalgically recognize Mewtwo playing an important role in helping crushing the plans of the Team that wants to do genetically awkward stuff to Pokémon. But you never get the opportunity to battle Mewtwo. Instead, after everything is done he says he will fly away to a really, really far away region and disappears from the game. "What does that mean?" - People start asking.

Some time later, a whole new 3D adventure in Kanto is announced to come to 3DS worldwide: not exactly a remake, but a sequel in Kanto. After all, we haven't seen Kanto since Gen IV! With new characters, a whole new story and the 4th oportunity to revisit the most nostalgic region ever. Guess who is there: Mewtwo! Fitting the Gen VI theme, it is the main focus of this game. At this point millions of people are enjoying all the greatness of X and Y with the nostalgia of Kanto. However, the Ruby and Sapphire remakes demand is about to reach a never-seen-before status of fever. "Why doesn't Game Freak simply release R/S Remakes?!"

Well, in first place, because there would be a major time gap between the story in R/S Remakes and X, Y and the Kanto game, possibly making them incompatible or oddly compatible. Also, you can still have Pokémon from those games [RSE/FRLG] legitimately by migrating through Gens. And then because, guess what, they have just announced Pokémon Z. Pokémon Z introduces even more features that make almost all the Pokémon fans around the world buy it, even if it's just an enhanced version of X and Y. "Well, we already had a sequel, after all." - Some say.

The sales of 3DS haven't lowered in all this time and the installed base of consoles is huge. And it will probably stay like so for at least a few more years. So will we have Gen VII on 3DS as well, like happened with V in relation to DS? After all, adventures from the region of X, Y and Z are already done. LOL, no. Only a few people got the reference: but the remakes of Gen I came right after Ruby and Sapphire, with Emerald being released only after them. The same happened with X, Y and Z: first the main games, then an adventure in Kanto, then the third version.

Pokémon Ruby 2 and Sapphire 2 are announced. Finally, after years of waiting, we can once again play in Hoenn! The time gap problem is solved since this sequel takes place at the same time XYZ and the Kanto adventure do. We can see how May and Brendan are doing after all this time and what have changed in the region! Also, the plans of Neo Team Aqua and Neo Team Magma are based on leftovers from their predecessors' plans and seem like their goals are much darker this time. R2 and S2 sell like if the world is gonna end if they don't. The Gen VI lasts long enough to be considered the longest generation ever, the same way 3DS is soon going to be the best selling Nintendo handheld console. Graphic improvements as well as specific features keep Pokémon from dying.

And now, after all this, we got X and Y (the main games), a sequel in Kanto, Z (an enhanced third version) and sequels to Ruby and Sapphire!
    Time to end Generation VI, right? LOL, no (again). A new console won't be released anytime soon. Skipping to next Gen in the same console would cause the same difficulties Black and White did. Instead, Game Freak listens to the many fans saying they would have preferred a sequel to X and Y than the Z version. And some time after R2S2, Z2 is released, bringing the concept of B2W2 back.

In one generation, Game Freak managed to release new games with awesome features, an unexpected (since they don't seem to like being predictable now) new adventure that allows to revisit Kanto and in some way continues the story from X and Y, a third version sort of unexpected since they made a lot of people doubt about it, sequels to the loved Hoenn-based games without mess with the chronology and a sequel to revisit the region from XYZ, B2W2 style! Meanwhile, tons of spin-offs have been released. It's now time to say goodbye to Gen VI and, as a new Nintendo console approaches, welcome Gen VII.

Please don't kill me.
    I think I have to sleep more...
    Sorry for bad English!

I'm expecting either Pokemon Z or something weird like Pokemon ZX/Pokemon ZY.

Either way I hope they go the sequel route like they did with BW2. Way more engaging than just playing the same game over again with some added features and a slightly better story.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KryptonLion View Post
    -snip-
    You know, I was going to suggest something exactly like this, but with an anime-based W version instead of Z2. Stop stealing my ideas out of my head! :P

Master of Ghosts......... Gengarzilla's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Gengarzilla on Tumblr Visit Gengarzilla's Youtube Channel

I really think GameFreak should get RS remakes out of the way before they bring out any more sequels. I'm still a little annoyed that Gen V is ending after only two years...
    I have claimed the Spell Tag and Kasib Berry, along with Adaptability and Shadow Ball. I have also claimed Gastly.

If you think Nintendo need to sue PETA up the ass for making Pokemon Black and Blue, copy and paste this into your sig.

Hypnodance FTW!

Drama queen/Bug master PrettyVenomoth's Avatar

HOENN REMAKES.

I lost my copy of emerald years ago th only logical thing to do is release the remakes pretty plzzz

Y am I this strong? Mega Uncle Edit Y's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's pretty hard to say what Game Freak is planning to develop next once Pokemon X and Y are finished. Pokemon has made some unpredictable moves in the past few years, so we'll never know what they're going to give us next. I'm not placing my bet that the next game(s) after Pokemon X and Y is a third version, as that is old news and doesn't innovate much. I am not expecting remakes either, because I find it too late to have remakes to Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire and remakes aren't the best way to innovate the franchise in my opinion. As for sequels, I can't guarantee them. While it was an original concept when Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 saw the light of day, making sequels to Pokemon X and Y won't be as surprising this time around, and I don't think Game Freak wants to start another predictable pattern.

All in all, I have no clue what else we could expect, though if it's something that manages to feel quite different from Pokemon X and Y, like something that has little or nothing to do with those games, I'd gladly accept it.

My hopes for Gen VI:
    X and Y (2013)
    Z (2014)
    RisingRuby and SunkenSapphire (2014)

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i think Z, and the RSE remakes and a Ranger game are on the plate and possibly another Pokepark though only time will tell...

Soul of the Trees Forest Spirit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Forest Spirit on Google+

Well I'm just gonna throw this out there, but what if x is a prequel to y? Think about it. RBY. Colors. Neither come before one another. GSC. Metals. Unless you're going by price, one doesn't come before another. Same for RSE, DPPt, and BW. X comes before Y in the alphabet.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by epic_tepig View Post
    My hopes for Gen VI:
    X and Y (2013)
    Z (2014)
    That name is hilarious. Makes sapphires sound inferior to rubies though, Kyogre won't like that.

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate

is back for 2014 S.S. Shadow Minun's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow S.S. Shadow Minun On Twitter Add S.S. Shadow Minun on Facebook
    Visit S.S. Shadow Minun's Youtube Channel

Third version would be nice, but sequels would also possible. If XY end up with paired sequels, RSE remakes might become Hoenn-based sequels to original RSE as following the trend, and to see major changes in Hoenn region over decades (not to forget that PokéStar Studios or any similar features from it will replace outdated (and defunct) Mauville Game Corner).

Quote Originally Posted by Angela-Samshi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by epic_tepig View Post
    My hopes for Gen VI:
    X and Y (2013)
    Z (2014)
    That name is hilarious. Makes sapphires sound inferior to rubies though, Kyogre won't like that.
    I think Ruby 2 and Sapphire 2 would work for that, if trends of sequels continues.

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast