Speculation:Will Gen 6 have a third game or something different? - Page 2

View Poll Results: What will happen after the Gen 6 main pair?

Voters
217. You may not vote on this poll
  • A third game, like Gens 1-4

107 49.31%
  • Sequels like Black 2 and White 2

50 23.04%
  • A prequel maybe, we've never seen that

27 12.44%
  • Other/something totally original(explain)

33 15.21%
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Speculation:Will Gen 6 have a third game or something different?

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Speculation:Will Gen 6 have a third game or something different?

It seems extremely early to speculate on what's to come after X and Y when we don't know much of anything about those games. Pokemon Z sounds like an obvious third version title like Grey did and that didn't turn out as expected. While I wouldn't mind a return to the third version game, I think it's more likely that they'll make another sequel pair or do something drastically different with the third version to where it is more like a continuation rather than the same storyline with a couple of differences here and there. If they do go the sequel route, maybe they'll be able to plan that ahead of time so that they can polish out the storyline a bit more than how B2/W2 turn out, even though they were still enjoyable games despite their flaws.

Super Moderator Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

It seems early but I made this just because thoughts on the generation of a whole are going across my mind and I am looking forward. My thoughts currently is we probably shouldnt just expect a Z version like a Gray version was expected, Gray did not happen. Id like more sequels and I think Game Freak can improve on that concept from Black and White 2, but anything could really happen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Angela-Samshi View Post
    But wouldn't one sequel cause a conflict between the first two? I mean, they'd have to pick which version the story would continue from, causing one to be canon and the other to be non-canon.
    Depends. If Pokemon X & Y were handled like B/W for example then I can see why 2 sequels would be needed to continue their altered storyline. I was going under the assumption that the altered storyline won't be repeated, at least not in the same "fashion" as B/W's was.

I also did not like the fact they were considering releasing two Pokemon Greys at first rather than sequels in Gen 5. That makes me think it would just be better to have one sequel address the plot, with it being overall a much different game than the paired versions.

Still too early to tell for certain. Even though I'm expecting a Pokemon Z version I just do not think it should be a regular 3rd sister game. We'll see though, predicting what Game Freak is planning to do is nearly impossible nowadays.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Pokemon Z and it will be a sequel, don't know how that'll work though.

EDIT: I've changed my mind. After playing X, I think it will be a traditional 3rd version. I think it will still be called Z.
    Last edited by IS1296; 14th November 2013 at 12:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Third Version to flesh out the xyz cartesian pun.

Post Thanks / Like

Pokemon W ( prequel ).

Post Thanks / Like

My money's definitely on sequels like Generation V. I predict versions XZ and YZ. Although, the prequel idea seems interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

All I can say is to think twice before referring to Pokemon Z. Look at what happened to the Gray Version everyone was so sure about ;)

Post Thanks / Like

I originally thought a third version was likely. But then again, we were all certain that there was gonna be a Pokemon Grey Version back in Gen V and then Game Freak just blew everybody's minds when they announced they were actually making sequels. So honestly I really don't know what to expect.
    Proud Sonic and Pokemon fan!

Deviantart: JohnSLPaul

2ds FC: 1478-4291-7605
    Friend Safari Type: Fairy

Post Thanks / Like

NO MORE THIRD GAMES, PLEASE. They're the biggest swindle Game Freak can do.

OSHAWHAT?
    Post Thanks / Like

Even before 6th gen's reveal I thought of, "Well why can't the third game be a sequel? (Well, okay, money, but still...)

The assumption on upcoming third games is that they aren't sequels, and well, it makes sense to assume that. In any case, the earliest gen they could've made a sequel, though, would be 2nd gen- Crystal could've been made a sequel of Gold and Silver instead of an enhanced version of Gold and Silver. If I recall correctly, the storyline was simple enough in Gold and Silver that one could easily make a sequel called Crystal that could be played straight after Gold or straight after Silver.

They could say they're releasing a Pokemon Z (or, Q *shrugs*- the thought popped into my mind), make older fans think it's an enhanced X and Y, and then later reveal that it's a sequel after all. (Of course, this line of thought would be targeting older fans, but yeah.)

I wonder how complex the storyline of X and Y could get without having contradictory elements between the two that would make one sequel make zero sense. It's likely, though, that'd mean having both mascots available in the game, which doesn't have proof of coming back.
    Seasons =/= Regions

Got dat Kalos swag Sir Fabulous's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think Z and W would be sequels, but I'm not too sure. Z could also be a third version. W could be a prequel. I doubt they'd do anything besides sequels/third version.
    I have claimed: Staraptor (01/12/13), Shiny Stone (02/12/13), and Limber (02/12/13).

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure how I feel.
    On one hand, I think a sister game like Z would be too similar to the originals (something, which in hindsight, I somewhat feel was a weakness with Crystal, Emerald and Platinum) and I think paired sequels could possibly be a bit much.

Maybe a (singular) sequel that revolves around the legendary Pokemon that would be featured in Z, with enough changes to make it feel like a fresh adventure?

EDIT: I think my main wish is that, if they do make a game like Z, is that it be different enough from the original pair to feel like a fresh adventure, not just a re-hash with some extra content and story refinement thrown in. That was one thing that Gen V did right IMO.
    Last edited by Lufenian; 9th January 2013 at 07:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayde View Post
    "OH HOT DAMN! LOOK AT THAT FUCKING BELL! IT'S SMALL AND CUTE AND HAS A FUCKING RIBBON ON IT'S FUCKING HEAD! BACK THIS PARTY VAN UP! I GOTTA CATCH THAT SHIT!!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Guys, I've figured out what the third version stand-in will be.

You see, after X and Y come out, we'll get Z as a follow-up... followed by W as a separate release. You see, this generation will be mirroring the Japanese release pattern of Gen I: The original pair followed by an Updated Rerelease (or sequel, or what have you), followed by a version of the game's story based on the anime. (To facilitate this, Ash's new outfit will be an original one rather than based on X-guy's, and the new female companion will be an OC rather than based on a game character, so they can be used as W's unique P Cs.) Z's mascot will be the serpent as we've all guessed, and W's will be based on Yggdrasil itself. In the english versions, a bit of extra emphasis will be put on the fact that Yggdrasil is, in fact, an ash tree.

... I should probably go to bed now.

Post Thanks / Like

After BW2, I feel as though third versions are a thing of the past now. I also suspect that there will inevitably be a Z (or some sort of variation of Z) version released later on, but I think that it will be a sequel, rather than a third version. I'm also really liking the idea of a W version acting as a prequel to the games, as it would be another way to expand upon the series. Hopefully we'll see both, or perhaps something completely unexpected. Though it's far too early to really speculate on anything after XY, considering they were just announced.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast